• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
meanwhile i turned on pvp to mind control a horde rogue so i could give them a buff because last i checked you could do that, but they insisted on fighting me instead, so i let them basically cut my whole life bar about 6 times because i wanted to accomplish my goal but they wouldnt let me, so instead i just decided to leave. then they followed me and i got tired of it and destroyed them on the spot

good attempt by them i guess. pve servers! i need battlegrounds

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
meanwhile i turned on pvp to mind control a horde rogue so i could give them a buff because last i checked you could do that, but they insisted on fighting me instead, so i let them basically cut my whole life bar about 6 times because i wanted to accomplish my goal but they wouldnt let me, so instead i just decided to leave. then they followed me and i got tired of it and destroyed them on the spot

good attempt by them i guess. pve servers! i need battlegrounds

I had a priest do that to me and the buff went away when the MC ended. At least it appeared to.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Whew. Got the gold for my mount right as I hit 40. Grinded a level and a half to do it but was totally worth it.

Going mining/skinning was brilliant. I advise everyone to do it with their first character. The money is too good to pass up and I wouldn't have been able to get the gold needed to do so that quickly otherwise. I did solo DM runs in vanilla years ago to do it but that market just isn't there currently as people are focused on their mains and not twinks. Skinning is def the way to go

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Whew. Got the gold for my mount right as I hit 40. Grinded a level and a half to do it but was totally worth it.

Going mining/skinning was brilliant. I advise everyone to do it with their first character. The money is too good to pass up and I wouldn't have been able to get the gold needed to do so that quickly otherwise. I did solo DM runs in vanilla years ago to do it but that market just isn't there currently as people are focused on their mains and not twinks. Skinning is def the way to go

Yup I made the switch from mining/blacksmithing to mining/skinning based on advice from some very helpful folks here. It takes like two seconds to grind up to the applicable level with skinning and you make a ton of money. I was at three gold after level 40 training and mount buying and I'm already nearing 50 gold by level 43.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Yup I made the switch from mining/blacksmithing to mining/skinning based on advice from some very helpful folks here. It takes like two seconds to grind up to the applicable level with skinning and you make a ton of money. I was at three gold after level 40 training and mount buying and I'm already nearing 50 gold by level 43.

Yeah, I took it from the start due to reading advice here as well. I'm sure I annoyed some cats, seeing a warrior harvesting all their leather but I need that mount fund lol. I honestly think I'm going to stick with skinning until I'm in my mid 50s or so. I see no reason to give this income up. Most of my upgrades are going to come from questing/dungeons/drops, might as well make that money and switch over later!

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Got Kang the Decapitator off a random yeti drop! How much should I be looking to sell for? Or should I hold on as I read it's a good think weapon for the 40-49 tierm

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
God PvP is so fun in this game. I saw these two alliance, rogue and priest green for me, doing a quest and then as I was passing by an orc warrior rezzed. I immediately knew that they had killed him and there was going to be a throwdown. We just both stared at each other and the rogue got me in a stun and they tried to burn down my bud. I was able to break out of it and charge it, Hit the rogue with mortal strike and crit him like three times in a row ending with a 905 execute. Tore right through the priest's shield on him. The orc was dead at this point and I was a bit low but turned towards the priest. He was actually slowly backing away as I Intercepted him, got mortal strike up and just powered through. Barely survived but I got em. Then it became a kerfuffle and we recruited three more buds and just ran em down with mounts and then killed a couple more alliance that were in the way. It's just so organic and fun.

Awesome story. I grouped up with a random shaman in Searing Gorge and we came upon a rogue and a Mage, as soon as the rogue stealthed, we knew shit was on. I ended up absolutely assassinating the rogue who tried to vanish even though I had FF on him. My shaman buddy ended up with 5% hp but any fight where you got 2-0 is a good fight.

Soon it'll be day two of Princess runs for that damn ring...

You can actually get a lvl 60 to do it in like 10 minutes probably for 20g if you don't care to run dungeons constantly yourself. I got my ring the old fashioned way but even just a straight princess run only takes like 15 minutes so it isn't bad to run it.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Done all the dungeons now with doing Scholo and UBRS yesterday, glad to have done them now so I know what to do and where to go in all of them. Got like half of my bis stuff, so need to do more Scholo/Strath/LBRS, and I'm at 950 gold now but I'm waiting to get 1000 so I have a 100 gold buffer when I get my epic mount.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Shaman in my guild had run it around 20 times without seeing it drop last I checked. Rogue won it on his first run. D:
I had it drop on a run where I had gotten 4 pieces of loot so I passed to let a friend have it and figured I would never see it again. Went into the dungeon again and got it next run. I picked up all the NR gear so something tells me I won't be back.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
jeweled amulet of cainwyn just dropped in my scholo run, of course the guy that died 5 times in the run got it, also part of the 2nd biggest raiding guild... guess they just invite anyone.

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
If this game was focused around 5-man instances instead of 40-man raids at endgame, I'd probably be more interested tbh.
Raiding just feel like work. I've never understood why raiding became the focus of MMO's.

Dec 4, 2018
Do you still have to wait in long lines for quest leveling up?

Part of the original experience was the people I met in game from different places. ButI wouldn't mind giving it a try.

UGH. I just read that there are no battlegrounds at the moment is this true?

Oct 28, 2017

Part of the original experience was the people I met in game from different places. ButI wouldn't mind giving it a try.

No it's not that crowded. Very lively but there aren't lines.

Battlegrounds won't be in for months. No eta.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017

Some areas are congested but it's not too bad. The areas that have good quest density (which are few and far between) tend to be the busiest.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Contemplating on re spec'ing into an AOE Grinding mage, is it still viable to do quests/dungeons/elites with this skill tree?

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to 60 with 10 days 20 hrs played.
Thank god that's over, doing dungeons to get pre raid BiS gear feels a lot more chill than leveling.

Currently rocking about +230 shadow damage on my warlock, feeling pretty good about my gear. Just need a new belt and better necklace.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to 60 with 10 days 20 hrs played.
Thank god that's over, doing dungeons to get pre raid BiS gear feels a lot more chill than leveling.

Kinda feeling the opposite of you. Ran out of quests and now sitting at 60 with the only option being running the same instances I ran over and over again over a decade ago to get gear and I've lost my motivation to play. Doesn't help that I'm rogue and about the only gear I have left is the swords I never got back in the day and a cape that comes from the last boss in an instance I've done about 15 times already on classic.

Was fun while it lasted.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Kinda feeling the opposite of you. Ran out of quests and now sitting at 60 with the only option being running the same instances I ran over and over again over a decade ago to get gear and I've lost my motivation to play. Doesn't help that I'm rogue and about the only gear I have left is the swords I never got back in the day and a cape that comes from the last boss in an instance I've done about 15 times already on classic.

Was fun while it lasted.

I've got a 38 and a 20 right now, and once my 38 hits 60, I'll just focus on leveling my 20 mainly. Then I'll roll something Alliance-side to try leveling over there. I think I enjoy open-world questing/leveling more than 60 content, truthfully.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I'm actually enjoying a nice slow leveling. Last thing I want is lvl60.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Forced to be out in the world otherwise my gf will throw me down a set of stairs lol.

I'll post a quick guide later

I have the spawn coordinates down to the 100th decimal and map mod to set watpoints. Tag macro. Skin macro.

Can do around 1200g in one day

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to know how to float above 1g. LOL

Feels like Druids have to buy way more spells than most classes. I'm always broke at lvl23.
I recommend ignoring anything you aren't using.

Like I only healed and did feral dps so I ignored the majority of Balance and tank skills besides a few useful ones.
Forced to be out in the world otherwise my gf will throw me down a set of stairs lol.

I'll post a quick guide later

I have the spawn coordinates down to the 100th decimal and map mod to set watpoints. Tag macro. Skin macro.

Can do around 1200g in one day
Holy hell. I've made quite a bit doing skinning but no where near that.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Got my epic mount, and my epic robe pattern drop, as well as crimson hat. Essence farming time... Ouff. The drop rate on air is terrible.

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's not how I was expecting my first 24 hours at level 60 to go
I finished up my ony attunement, wiped on ony for about 3 hours
Went to MC, cleared up to major domo
Went back to Ony and killed ony.

So in under a day of hitting 60 the only thing i "technically" have left to do is kill Rag lmao.

Oct 28, 2017
I killed Angerforge 10 times tonight alone. No HoJ. Feels bad. I know the drop rate is lower than that so this isn't abnormal but still. Half the melee in my raid have it at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
I could probably afford my epic mount the moment I ding 60 (57 atm) but currently investing most of my money in mats I'm pretty confident will rise in price.

In the last three weeks, prices have gone up a lot already as more people turn 60 and pug the raids. By phase 3 I should've turned a massive profit.

Oct 27, 2018
How's the guild going?

I've mentioned this before but now I've been playing Classic every day I've been thinking about it a bit more, and feel it would be a good opportunity to a) make decent amounts of gold while also b) giving more people access to items they would otherwise struggle to get.

Basically I play Horde on Nethergarde Keep. Due to my specific circumstances of only playing one character when my friend is online and playing one other when he's not, I've sort of ended up two two "mains." That being said, they're still only low level – 21 rogue and 14 priest, both undead.

Obviously I'm aware that there is a ResetEra guild on this server, albeit on the alliance side. As a side note, I ran to Westfall the other day to get myself a red defias mask from the houses around Deadmines and every alliance member I came across greeted me nicely.

Back on Vanilla, possibly TBC, I had a level 19 "twink" rogue and needed some help getting him some red whelp gloves, as the pattern for them is only sold to alliance players, from an NPC called Wenna Silkbeard in Ashenvale. One guy had characters on both factions (or possibly friends on the Alliance side) who sold him the recipe on the neutral auction house. As far as I know, he was the only horde player with the recipe, at that time at least, and sort of cornered the market for anyone who wanted those specific gloves. They're not a crazy-sought after item as most rogue twinks tend to wear Scouting Gloves Of The Monkey, but there was still a relatively large demand for them so he turned a decent profit.

This can work both ways though. There are plenty recipes/patterns/plans (I'm just gonna call them plans for the rest of my post) that the Horde can get but the Alliance cannot, and vice versa.

I'm more than happy to work with you Alliance guys and girls to get you the "exclusive" plans so you can have some Horde goodies on your Alliance characters and in your AH. Hopefully you can return the favour and send me some plans that I would otherwise be unable to learn, barring a lucky find on the neutral AH.

I think the best way to do this would be to chat on Discord while logged in to WoW and at one of the neutral Ahs – these are located in Booty Bay, Gadgetzan and Winterspring iirc. It's very easy for me, a Horde character, to get to Booty Bay via the boat from Ratchet.

Like I said I'm only level 21 so it's still very early days on where I've been but I'm more than willing to go out of my way to get you some plans, if you request it. I've checked online for a list of plans exclusive to either faction and there seem to be a surprising amount. Some are obtained from quests and others are just plain purchased from an NPC. It looks like there are exclusive Alliance plans for alchemy, blacksmithing, cooking, enchanting, engineering, leatherworking and tailoring. The Horde exclusive plans are for alchemy, blacksmithing, cooking, enchanting, engineering, leatherworking and tailoring.

Not gonna lie, my priority item would be the red whelp gloves, which I've already mentioned are sold in the Wetlands to Alliance players. According to wowhead they cost 16s 84c. Bargain.

If any of you agree to help me with this I'd be happy to reimburse you and give a little extra on top, if required, although at the moment I'm struggling to get above 5g! Can definitely send some plans in return too.

As mentioned, some of the exclusive plans are obtained through quests. It's good I have the list early so as I progress to (hopefully) 60 I can keep hold of any plans I would have otherwise learned but never used/sold to vendors/ditched on the AH for coppers, with the intention to get them to you guys on the Alliance side. Take a look at the list here and let me know if there are any you'd like to get your hands on. Obviously a lot of the quests are blacksmithing, which neither of my characters have, but I'll either level up a blacksmith eventually, or, more likely, I'll find them on the Horde AH.

I'd also be very interested to get the rest of the plans but I understand it could end up a big job. I won't create a wish list just yet. Sorry for the long ass post about this, but I'd be really eager to get this off the ground - and not just for personal benefit.

TLDR: Any alliance on Nethergarde Keep wanna sell me the red whelp gloves pattern (bought from an NPC) in the neutral AH please? PM me.

Oct 28, 2017
I could probably afford my epic mount the moment I ding 60 (57 atm) but currently investing most of my money in mats I'm pretty confident will rise in price.

In the last three weeks, prices have gone up a lot already as more people turn 60 and pug the raids. By phase 3 I should've turned a massive profit.

What are you targeting? I suppose this is something I should probably do too.