• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Dire Maul releasing next week. If you thought Rag was easy before, wait until you see him with some of the gear from DM.

Notable loot includes warlock and Paladin epic mounts, class trinkets, quel'serrar, epic cloak patterns, Tarnished Elven ring, whip vine cord, rod of the ogre magi, and much much more.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for some help with gear as a axe specced arms warrior. I've been searching on sites but I think I've gotten pre 1.12 responses with some new responses mixed in with what I should be looking for in regards to the weapon. I'm looking to max Mortal Strike damage which is based on "weapon damage", correct? I've seen a lot of posts talk about slow weapons, is that part of the calculation in 1.12? And how does my str/attack power factor in? I replaced Whirlwind Axe (102 - 154 damage + 15 str) with Stoneslayer (133 - 200 damage) and I think it's better even with the reduction in attack power but I don't know what the exact calculation for Mortal Strike and other weapon damage based abilities is.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
So will content come quite fast? I'm going we get bc within a year.

As a war should I respec to arms? I'm lvl 46 and 31 points in fury and 5 in arms. It seems arms does way more damage. Fury just has good self sustain for solo questing.

Last edited:

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
DM is certainly better for some classes than others, but it isn't meant to be the be all end all but rather is meant to be another catch up mechanism that is streamlined and fun. Some people don't want to run BRD for the 8000th time and considering that's DM is just like Mara in how compartmentalized it is, it's great for quick dungeon runs for specific items.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just invested all my gold into pristine black diamonds im sitting on 30 of em they were 13G a pop on my server im broke now, but in a week or 2 these babies will be worth 100+G.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
DM is certainly better for some classes than others, but it isn't meant to be the be all end all but rather is meant to be another catch up mechanism that is streamlined and fun. Some people don't want to run BRD for the 8000th time and considering that's DM is just like Mara in how compartmentalized it is, it's great for quick dungeon runs for specific items.
Lol for some reason I thought it was a 40 person raid, but it does suck having content that is basically worthless to run. UBRS is also pretty bad for mages.

Although it looks like theres a couple decent wands, and some nice tailoring patterns.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Anyone else get their CE from Gamestop cancelled just now?

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
I just invested all my gold into pristine black diamonds im sitting on 30 of em they were 13G a pop on my server im broke now, but in a week or 2 these babies will be worth 100+G.

You think there's going to be a rush for the DM librams? The diamonds are 33g each on Gehennas and I don't see them going up by much. I'm afraid of gambling on them. Essences however are going to skyrocket.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
You think there's going to be a rush for the DM librams? The diamonds are 33g each on Gehennas and I don't see them going up by much. I'm afraid of gambling on them. Essences however are going to skyrocket.
Oh yea? Essences are going for around 7-10 gold right now, how much will they go up? I farmed the fire and water, and plan on just buying the earth and air right now but i could go farm water or something after if there's a big price hike coming

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Hmmm I recall PBDs having a pretty low value, at least after DM's initial rush. If they can be cleared by then, all good.

Essences are always great.

Oct 27, 2017
What are you targeting? I suppose this is something I should probably do too.

It really just depends on your server situation. Prices have been at essentially vendor price for a lot of items for a while but that's starting to change.

Free Action Potion mats - once bgs hit, people who are serious about PVP will abuse these. I bought a lot of Oily Blackmouth for like 1-2s a piece.
Essences - used for popular enchants, bis mage robe and transmutes, etc. Bought almost a 100 Water Essences for 6g each.
Fish - Once more people raid and BWL hits usage will go up. Stonescale Eel used to be 1g each, not sure it will go up that high though. Squids etc. for the food buffs are also great to store for now.
Bis twink items - a bit riskier, don't just focus on the blue items, some of the green stuff is pretty rare too and cheap atm.
Ores/Herbalism/Potions - prices will go up but a bit too risky and expensive for me. Heavily depends on current server prices.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PBD got cheap during ZG(phase 4) before that they were going for 200-500g depending on the server, they are also used for the Paladin epic mount quest.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yea? Essences are going for around 7-10 gold right now, how much will they go up? I farmed the fire and water, and plan on just buying the earth and air right now but i could go farm water or something after if there's a big price hike coming

Every healer is going to need 10 living Essence and 12 essence of water för the leatherworking cloak from the Dire Maul pattern.

Oct 27, 2018
I installed Aux and it seems far more intuitive that the default UI, plus the % of price history is mega.

Is there a way to make a "wishlist" so that everytime I visit a AH it will automatically search for certain items and display them all together?

Happy to switch to Auctioneer/Auctionater if required.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I installed Aux and it seems far more intuitive that the default UI, plus the % of price history is mega.

Is there a way to make a "wishlist" so that everytime I visit a AH it will automatically search for certain items and display them all together?

Happy to switch to Auctioneer/Auctionater if required.

TradeSkillMaster lets you make lists and search the AH with them. I know TSM integrates with Auctioneer and Auctionater, but not sure if it integrates with Aux.

the doombass

Oct 29, 2017
With DM coming in a week, anyone know if that means warlocks/paladins will be able to get their class epic mounts? I've just about got enough to buy mine on my warlock but ill save until next week if that means I can get the sexy dreadsteed!

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used Aux and I avoid Auctioneer because it was horribly bloated (at least years ago) but Auctionator definitely supports shopping lists, though I can't give you any detail about how it works.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any addons that help with gathering professions? Like gives you a notification when a mode pops up on your minimap?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any addons that help with gathering professions? Like gives you a notification when a mode pops up on your minimap?
Gatherer or Gatherlite will allow you to track nodes so you can plan farming routes (and you can share data with your guild, or download a complete DB online for example) but I don't know if anything will actually ping you if it catches a live node on your radar. I would imagine that's quite a performance heavy thing to constantly ping out.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
With DM coming in a week, anyone know if that means warlocks/paladins will be able to get their class epic mounts? I've just about got enough to buy mine on my warlock but ill save until next week if that means I can get the sexy dreadsteed!

I don't see why not. I'll be hitting 60 right around the time it releases so I'm hoping that's the case.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Guild downed Rag yesterday after three tries! Feels good to have beaten the content prior to DM releasing and making it even easier. First pull was garbage and second pull was great just had a bit of bad luck aggro wise. After we went out and grabbed the fire resistance buff and started slapping greater fire resistance pots and the fight was a laugher. I spent the first 30 seconds or so just watching due to everyone having full health.

Unfortunately two bloodfang pants, malistars defender and Band of Sulfuras which I rolled a 92 on but loot council gave to the Pug who joined us T_T

Oct 28, 2017
Guild downed Rag yesterday after three tries! Feels good to have beaten the content prior to DM releasing and making it even easier. First pull was garbage and second pull was great just had a bit of bad luck aggro wise. After we went out and grabbed the fire resistance buff and started slapping greater fire resistance pots and the fight was a laugher. I spent the first 30 seconds or so just watching due to everyone having full health.

Unfortunately two bloodfang pants, malistars defender and Band of Sulfuras which I rolled a 92 on but loot council gave to the Pug who joined us T_T

Why is there loot council with a pug and why would a loot council give anything to a pug?

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

/gquit

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
One other thing to note, I'm level 58 so I'd have to wait to equip not that it's a big deal but yeah, I'm not worried in the grand scheme of things as I'll be picking up lots of tier gear soon as part of the Druid gang.

The Shaman was the only Pug in the raid so I guess the guild sent it over as a show of good will?

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Roll + loot council sounds pretty weird yeah

I talked with a guy from my guild and got a lot of background on the situation, including an update on what happened before I was in the raid so yeah, this was largely a misunderstanding on my part.

In any event, today is MC raid night so I'll report back if I get some purps. It's a full 40 man raid with only 3 Druid's and the other two are geared so I should be in line for some goodies.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Level 57, spent all my money on getting tailoring to 300 and buying the mats for Robe of the Void. Except I'm still 10 Felcloth short. Fuck.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But.. but why? Couldn't you just farm the pattern, and demonic runes and essence of fire are fairly common. Felcloth isn't that bad either.
Demonic runes I had to farm anyway because those are BoP. Got less Felcloth than runes during that time, so I bought some and will need to buy or farm the rest. The satyrs in Felwood and Azshara are being farmed like hell so it's hard to get good results - yesterday I logged in at 6am server time before going to work and even then I was only able to get one of the satyr camps in Azshara for myself, having to wait for respawns after clearing. From what I've seen the same is true for the fire elementals in most places.

Gold isn't really an issue, I can make more at 60 than I would have saved by farming now. I just want my robe :(