• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Hate how most of the gear I need is in UBRS. Warrior is so overpopulated that you mostly need to tank, which is fine but in UBRS you still roll against like 4-5 people.

I've done around 25 UBRS clears and seen the truestrike shoulders once and two Rend offhands. Must be punishment for getting the Savage Gladiator Chain in my thrid brd run.
3rd BRD run?!
You deserve 25 more for that kind of filthy luck.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
got a 2236 crit at level 50 last night. It was Execute though I didn't think I had that much rage but the numbers just rolled right for me. I'm coming ONLINE

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
There's something satusfying about big crits, even as a healer. I'm genuinely disappointed MSBT doesn't let me scale the crit font so that it fills the screen.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Killed Ragnaros, and i think it's all i needed to do before stopping WoW Classic. It was a cool nostalgia journey for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Hate how most of the gear I need is in UBRS. Warrior is so overpopulated that you mostly need to tank, which is fine but in UBRS you still roll against like 4-5 people.

I've done around 25 UBRS clears and seen the truestrike shoulders once and two Rend offhands. Must be punishment for getting the Savage Gladiator Chain in my thrid brd run.

Do Jed/Rend runs with 7 people.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017

Third brd run? Jeez. For my guild MT it took 250 runs before he got it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, when I first saw Sulfuras as a feral druid in TBC wandering around Stormwind I knew I had to have it somehow. Of course it wasn't top tier at the point and I was a fresh-face scrub so I never really pursued it or really knew anything beyond that feral druids at the time often used 2h maces (and it looked awesome). The weapon has always been there in the back of my mind though. Now, over a decade later, I'm nearing 60 on my warrior. Can I realize this dream of wielding ultimate power?

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Guys, when I first saw Sulfuras as a feral druid in TBC wandering around Stormwind I knew I had to have it somehow. Of course it wasn't top tier at the point and I was a fresh-face scrub so I never really pursued it or really knew anything beyond that feral druids at the time often used 2h maces (and it looked awesome). The weapon has always been there in the back of my mind though. Now, over a decade later, I'm nearing 60 on my warrior. Can I realize this dream of wielding ultimate power?

Unless you create your own raiding guild? Highly unlikely. Every single warrior, Paladin/shaman will resent you for eternity. However, if you are really keen, you can basically raid forever with your guild until enough eyes drop that you can have it. Sulfuras gets outclassed by quite a few weapons later on (although it remains insane).

So yeah, never say never but it will likely be a long row to hoe.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Unless you create your own raiding guild? Highly unlikely. Every single warrior, Paladin/shaman will resent you for eternity. However, if you are really keen, you can basically raid forever with your guild until enough eyes drop that you can have it. Sulfuras gets outclassed by quite a few weapons later on (although it remains insane).

So yeah, never say never but it will likely be a long row to hoe.

No no no I was a feral druid when I saw it back in '07 and it made an impression on my newbie brain. In Classic I'm a warrior which is why I feel this is my chance to fulfill that dream.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
No no no I was a feral druid when I saw it back in '07 and it made an impression on my newbie brain. In Classic I'm a warrior which is why I feel this is my chance to fulfill that dream.
Holy fuck I'm blind and tired at work. The answer is yes absolutely. If you really make sure your guild knows you want it, people will likely move aside to let you get it. Also, once BWL drops and Ashkandi, CTS, Maladath and Drake Talon Cleaver are available (in addition to OEB and Bonereaver) it will be even easier to say to people "you take those, I want this".

If I were you, I would focus on getting pre raid gear and working on an epic mount first though. You can always get an eye and sit on it, no reason to start buying mats to have them rot in your bank.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Almost 60. Somehow getting more addicted over time. It's such a fucking good game, even as I hate it at times :D

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck I'm blind and tired at work. The answer is yes absolutely. If you really make sure your guild knows you want it, people will likely move aside to let you get it. Also, once BWL drops and Ashkandi, CTS, Maladath and Drake Talon Cleaver are available (in addition to OEB and Bonereaver) it will be even easier to say to people "you take those, I want this".

If I were you, I would focus on getting pre raid gear and working on an epic mount first though. You can always get an eye and sit on it, no reason to start buying mats to have them rot in your bank.

I got a lot on my to-do list then lol. First, find a raiding guild!

Also I need to find a way to balance really wanting to PvP, wanting to tank, DPS, and get this mace without dual spec....

Almost 60. Somehow getting more addicted over time. It's such a fucking good game, even as I hate it at times :D

It's just such a good time. I think it's been 100% proven that the love for old WoW is not nostalgia but that it is a timeless game, one of the greatest and entirely deserving of the term 'Classic'.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Did mc except rag last weekend for the first time ever, it's really fun but something about having to get a lot of people and a certain amount of each class, and if someone makes a small mistake it's usually a wipe, and then on top of that there's a good chance you don't get any loot, isn't the funnest end game stuff. BC was sweet because most raids were 25 man, a lot less tedious for sure.

Oct 27, 2018
The game is a lot better at 60, leveling can be fun but super tedious in classic.
It's funny to me how much of what you do has absolutely no bearing on what people consider "the fun part," ie endgame. So when someone ninjas some BoP loot in one of the early dungeons, I don't even react. It's like I'd have replaced that item at least three times before 60 anyway, and it's hardly slowed me down so I honestly don't care.

not that I'd ninja from anyone and use this as my reasoning; I just don't bother getting mad when it happens cos I know most things before level 50 have absolutely zero bearing on raiding at the end.

obviously sought-after BoEs are a different story, cos there's money to be made if nobody plans on actually using it.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017

It's not a great warrior weapon so a lot of guilds usually give shamans/paladins priority on it. But if you're an officer or gm of a raiding guild you can use your influence to get it anyway or you can find a guild where they let everyone roll on it as pvp gear.
It's definitely possible, there's already an alliance warrior on my server with it.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Guild dragged me into DM West last night (level 56 priest and wasn't really prepared for it). Pretty much every boss item that dropped was useless to the group or cloth healing gear.

Game really wants me to switch to holy (and I'm open to it now, although it'll make questing tough for the last few levels).

sixtyupgrades.com doesn't seem to include DM yet. :(

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Onyxia and Ragnaros down, no loot for me. Onyxia was a slightly organized pug and for MC I tagged along with a guild that brought around 25 of their own people. It was fun but I don't see myself doing MC every week.
The game is a lot better at 60, leveling can be fun but super tedious in classic.
Playing at 60 is ok, but if I could just keep leveling forever I would never stop playing this game.
Guild dragged me into DM West last night (level 56 priest and wasn't really prepared for it). Pretty much every boss item that dropped was useless to the group or cloth healing gear.

Game really wants me to switch to holy (and I'm open to it now, although it'll make questing tough for the last few levels).

sixtyupgrades.com doesn't seem to include DM yet. :(
You need to go to the edit page for your set and change what phase it's for. There's phase 1.5 for Dire Maul stuff.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Onyxia and Ragnaros down, no loot for me. Onyxia was a slightly organized pug and for MC I tagged along with a guild that brought around 25 of their own people. It was fun but I don't see myself doing MC every week.

Playing at 60 is ok, but if I could just keep leveling forever I would never stop playing this game.

You need to go to the edit page for your set and change what phase it's for. There's phase 1.5 for Dire Maul stuff.
I loved leveling back in the day in late burning crusade and wrath, but in classic it just wears out its welcome. It's nice visiting zones and doing dungeons I never did before. The part that sucks is how long it takes to level up, and how much backtracking there is.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm frustrated by the lack of clarity nowadays with regard to DPS. I can't find anything that will tell me if Thrash Blade is better than Cho'Rush's Blade.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a great warrior weapon so a lot of guilds usually give shamans/paladins priority on it. But if you're an officer or gm of a raiding guild you can use your influence to get it anyway or you can find a guild where they let everyone roll on it as pvp gear.
It's definitely possible, there's already an alliance warrior on my server with it.

It's just a dream. I'm not even level 60 yet so it will take some time.

Oct 27, 2018
I made an alt the GM of the crappy guild I made and joined a really friendly group. Has ramped up my enjoyment even more. 😁 Did the Battle Of Hillsbrad longass questline with two of them tonight and had a great time.

Also bought 5 elemental earths for 1g after seeing they were considered an investment on Reddit. How long are we talking for me to sit on them and what could they eventually sell for?

Tension Mask

Oct 28, 2017
Sunken Temple is awesome and I won't listen to any opposing viewpoints. Getting to run that dungeon again proper has been a real highlight.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just hit 45 on my alt, it's starting to really drag now. I just want to get into the range where I can do dungeons and farm pre-bis whilst levelling.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sunken Temple is awesome and I won't listen to any opposing viewpoints. Getting to run that dungeon again proper has been a real highlight.

*doubt*

I remember not liking it back in the day and running it again this time around only confirmed it. That being said, the real problem with the dungeon is that if you're doing a full run, the first 60% of the dungeon is as boring as salt. Once you get to where the dragons are and Hakkar and eranikus it picks up.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
*doubt*

I remember not liking it back in the day and running it again this time around only confirmed it. That being said, the real problem with the dungeon is that if you're doing a full run, the first 60% of the dungeon is as boring as salt. Once you get to where the dragons are and Hakkar and eranikus it picks up.
There's a reason they took that early stuff out eventually.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
There's a reason they took that early stuff out eventually.
I didn't play past Vanilla so I had no idea.

The shitty thing is I'll probably run ST a few more times to try and get some Druid tank gear. Alternatively I can just wait until phase three and start rolling in BWL drops....

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I think I may be getting burnt out. I haven't hit 60 yet, still got a mish mash of characters.

52 lock
37 shaman
23 mage
19 Rogue
15 warrior

I actually logged onto my retail account just to see...had no idea what was going on, the talents/professions/abilities all confused me. Heck, even Orgrimmar looked so different!

I'm almost tempted to start a character from scratch just to see how different the experience is

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
First Onyxia kill since becoming attuned, immediately drops Stormrage. All is right in the world.

Edit: Cenarion Boots as well. Nice.

Double Edit: and a Seal of the Archmagus to top the day off. Not bad.

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
DM has given me some good shit over the last couple of nights for my priest. ^_^

I've finally respecced to holy (at level 57... dungeons were becoming tricky to manage). Does anyone have a guide that talks in a little more detail about spell downranking? I have no idea what I should be looking at adding to my bars - I obviously have max rank greater heal, flash heal, prayer of healing and renew ready to go at all times but it seems I should also have heal in place as a filler as it's mana efficient and I can spam it? At the moment I'm leaving a lot of time between casts and letting the tank/others get lower than I should, leading to some difficult situations.

I'm assuming the point (or one of the points) of downranking is also to maximise crit opportunities for the inspiration buff?

This guide talks a little about the concept, but not in any real detail. :/

EDIT: I'm an idiot, they have another guide linked from that one. Reading now!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I simply use Heal rank 4 and 3 as my main heals. I find in 5 mans this is fine and reduces drinking time.

Did my first MC last night, healing was totally different. Flash all the time, mainly because otherwise I'd never actually DO any healing because there are over zealous people spamming heals out left right and centre. Bosses were a little more interesting in that respect.

I was near bottom in healing 'done' but also in overhealing. It was a great example of wasted resources/MC'S low difficulty in raid terms.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Experience has really soured for me by now

All this PREBISPREBISPREBIS, LFM 3 DPS ALL ITEMS RESERVED, PRIEST LFG SPELL/MELEECLEAVE nonsense is really tiring. People are blindly looking at dumb excel sheets and getting mad for rolling on item if it's upgrade but it's not listed in meme sheet.

Joined a casual guild at launch and now they are also requiring to use consumables in current raid content. I mean holy hell I raided up to yoggsaron (vanilla-wotlk) in pretty good "semihc" guilds and consumables were only a thing in new hard bosses, not on encounters on farm.

Don't understand why or how it went to this sweatfest. How are rppvp realms? Is this a thing in there too?

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

All this PREBISPREBISPREBIS, LFM 3 DPS ALL ITEMS RESERVED, PRIEST LFG SPELL/MELEECLEAVE nonsense is really tiring. People are blindly looking at dumb excel sheets and getting mad for rolling on item if it's upgrade but it's not listed in meme sheet.

Joined a casual guild at launch and now they are also requiring to use consumables in current raid content. I mean holy hell I raided up to yoggsaron (vanilla-wotlk) in pretty good "semihc" guilds and consumables were only a thing in new hard bosses, not on encounters on farm.

Don't understand why or how it went to this sweatfest. How are rppvp realms? Is this a thing in there too?

Yeah there's a definite Excel mindset, good way to put it. Obsessively running shit over and over to satisfy a list that should never really be considered too highly given we've already had an update that has released a flow of new, better, items into the mix. Endless farming runs rather than mixing it up a bit, reserving items (fuck off), on and on.

Less irritating, but still odd, I see people who must have spent hundreds of gold to buy 4 or 5 greens with high +heal so they're ready to what? Overheal on 95% of MC and go OOM on dispels?

It's an uglier side to the game and curious to boot.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
The game is starting to drag for me a bit also. Currently 43 on my shaman and everywhere I go to quest, there are loads of people camping the mobs I need. It's taking forever just to complete 1 quest. I'm thinking of respeccing to resto and just sticking to primarily healing in dungeons. I know I'll most likely be healing endgame anyway, so could be a good chance to get the practice in, as this is the first time I've levelled a shaman and have never healed a dungeon with him yet.

I'm also an altoholic...

Number45

Oct 25, 2017

I joined the realm I'm on because a RL friend joined it and he quit at around level 20. I did a good amount of research on my realm and found a busy, friendly guild - joined them and have not looked back. Generally now I can put a message in gchat and get the group filled without issue (depending on time/instance I may have to go to LFG for one occasionally).
Their intention is to raid when they're good and ready and the rules (such as they are) are genuinely relaxed about how we go about it - suggestions to use consumables and the right enchants etc. but understanding that not everyone will be in a place to do so.

Basically... try and find a better guild!

Currently 43 on my shaman and everywhere I go to quest, there are loads of people camping the mobs I need.
Chatting about this with guildies last night, and I definitely found the 40's challenging and this is one of the reasons. You either find a place with good quest density and accept that you're going to find crazy competition or you go somewhere where the quests aren't so effieciently spaced and have a better time actually completing them. It's why I try and mix questing with instances at all times... and why I try (though it gets harder the closer to 60 you get) not to fuss too much about levelling quickly/efficiently.

Personally I'd either try to put a group together for the area or look elsewhere for quests (and maybe come back to the populated areas at off peak times). On Monday during the day I spent a good chunk of time killing furbolgs for Timbermaw rep but at about 16:30 it turned into the usual tagging battle. D:

Last edited:

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Always mix instances and outside world imo. It's more fun, and a dungeon + 5/6 quests from it can pretty much do a level.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Yea if you're not doing dungeons mixed in with normal leveling, you're doing it wrong. Not only is it good xp, you can complete quests for them, earn good loot, and mixed things up from normal questing.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Tanking is so rewarding in Classic. The problem I am finding is that if you're as good as me, you make it look too easy and then some antsy DPS wants to start pulling because they think the group can handle it then we wipe due to some stupid pull. Seriously, just let me do my thing. We will never wipe when I am controlling the flow of the dungeon, I promise.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Guilds starting to shave time off MC every raid. Did two full clears back to back Monday and Tuesday, took roughly an hour and a half to full clear and one shot rag...broke the raid up into two groups after Mc on monday and got two Ony kills in, now don't hafta worry about Mc for a couple week...can just focus on farming DM and gettin my alt from 45 to 60...feels good.

Oct 28, 2017
Guilds starting to shave time off MC every raid. Did two full clears back to back Monday and Tuesday, took roughly an hour and a half to full clear and one shot rag...broke the raid up into two groups after Mc on monday and got two Ony kills in, now don't hafta worry about Mc for a couple week...can just focus on farming DM and gettin my alt from 45 to 60...feels good.

Yeah that's about how my guild is. We run 2 MCs and 2 Onys. It's nice to be done quickly.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah we are also starting to condense the raids down extremely. We have 2 nights for raiding but have now shrunk it to clearing MC and quickly running and killing Ony too on the same night most weeks when they line up right.

Cleaving through everything, and its getting faster each week as gear goes out.