• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Yeah ya blew it. But that's ok just do an express run which involves saving her. It provides a great healer ring or a bear tank ring if you're a Druid, so it's worth doing.

Both princess and Emp drop a shitload of good gear so I would recommend running it a few more times before you get completely sick of BRD like I am.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah ya blew it. But that's ok just do an express run which involves saving her. It provides a great healer ring or a bear tank ring if you're a Druid, so it's worth doing.

Both princess and Emp drop a shitload of good gear so I would recommend running it a few more times before you get completely sick of BRD like I am.
To be fair I don't even have the quest right now... in fact I've looked through the guide on wowhead and I can't find the quest that asks you to save her. :s

EDIT: It doesn't look like there's an actual quest if I'm right?

EDIT2: Nope, there's a whole slew of quests that I've missed - looks like I need to go in at least once more before I can pick up the quest.

Last edited:

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
To be fair I don't even have the quest right now... in fact I've looked through the guide on wowhead and I can't find the quest that asks you to save her. :s

EDIT: It doesn't look like there's an actual quest if I'm right?

EDIT2: Nope, there's a whole slew of quests that I've missed - looks like I need to go in at least once more before I can pick up the quest.

I'd recommend doing it. It gives a shitload of xp and gold and it makes the last boss a lot more valuable to farm.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I got a pm from some rando trying to sell DM North tribute loot. I end up going because he had the second best feral Druid weapon. When I get there, the whole general chat is spammed with people selling their tribute loot. I didn't realize this was a thing now.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I got a pm from some rando trying to sell DM North tribute loot. I end up going because he had the second best feral Druid weapon. When I get there, the whole general chat is spammed with people selling their tribute loot. I didn't realize this was a thing now.

Hunters can solo the tribute run and rogues and Druid's can stealth it, and it's a good money maker for people who want to avoid grinding or getting items they might have difficulty getting. I bought an Elven Ring from a hunter for 25g just because I was tired of running DM and not getting it or having hunters and rogues get it. I wouldn't buy too many things as doing a few runs you're bound to get most things, particularly the unyielding maul which no one else wants.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'd recommend doing it. It gives a shitload of xp and gold and it makes the last boss a lot more valuable to farm.
I'm definitely doing it, I just need to find a group to do Gorshak so that I can get the rescue quest - then doing the rescue quest before I can finally go for the gloves.

Looks like I'll be heading to MC on Thursday with my guild though... that'll be interesting! ^_^

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Yeah I've started to lose interest on this game now. I just don't like how the endgame funnels you to raid if you want to progress.
The positive thing is that I got to experience the endgame dungeons this time around, back in vanilla I started raiding at 58 and quit shortly after.
Highlight for me was probably LBRS & UBRS. Magnificent dungeons.

The vanilla 1-60 experience is what I yearn to get a spiritual sequel to, hopefully it will happen some day.

Last edited:

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I've started to lose interest on this game now. I just don't like how the endgame funnels you to raid if you want to progress.
The positive thing is that I got to experience the endgame dungeons this time around, back in vanilla I started raiding at 58 and quit shortly after.
Highlight for me was probably LBRS & UBRS. Magnificent dungeons.

The vanilla 1-60 experience is what I yearn to get a spiritual sequel to, hopefully it will happen some day.

Obviously you have your own reason for losing interest, but I would say that the early release of DM alleviates some of this pain and the impending phase 2 release will massively mitigate this with the advent of PvP rewards.

Ultimately, the big schism in these games is "what is your goal". If your goal is to "get stronger" then you will invariably be forced towards high end dungeons and raids. If your goal is to explore or make friends or RP then raiding stuff is less of a concern.

Mountainous

Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Yeah, I've just set some bindings tonight. Healed LBRS and UBRS and it was so much smoother managing my mana with the down ranks. ^_^

Of course I now struggle to do anything that requires me to interact with a character portrait. :p

New bindings:

LMB = heal 3
Shift LMB = heal 4
Ctrl LMB = dispel
RMB = gheal 1
Shift RMB = gheal 4
Ctrl RMB = abolish
MB3 = flash 1
Shift MB3 = flash 4
MB5 = prayer 1
Shift MB5 = prayer 3
Q = PW:S
R = Renew

Still needs a little tweaking I think, but much better than before.

EDIT: I'm not convinced heal 3 and 4 are needed.
i rarely used anything but heal 2, and flash 7 in raids. I often use more granular heals in 5mans, but in raid you shouldnt be focused on picking the exact correct rank to use.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
i rarely used anything but heal 2, and flash 7 in raids. I often use more granular heals in 5mans, but in raid you shouldnt be focused on picking the exact correct rank to use.
Yeah I'll actually be trying MC tomorrow night so I'll see what's what but this setup is for 5 mans at the moment. Interesting that you mention heal 2 as I think I've seen a lot of people mention that for it's efficiency, I picked mine based on this guide.

(should say flash 4/7 in my bindings above)

Mountainous

Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Yeah I'll actually be trying MC tomorrow night so I'll see what's what but this setup is for 5 mans at the moment. Interesting that you mention heal 2 as I think I've seen a lot of people mention that for it's efficiency, I picked mine based on this guide.

the more +healing you get the further you can downrank. I use heal 1 alot in dungeons just to top people off. The guide says to only use max rank renew, but i've found plenty of uses for half max rank renew(forget which exactly) to top off people between pulls. It's all about how much dmg the group is taking and what your gear is.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to 60, less than two months so im really happy about it. Now I just want to run 5 mans to get shadowcraft set, farm money and mats for heartseeker dagger (~500-600g) and epic mount. Especially getting tier 0 set will take quite some time as i can only do 1 or 2 dungeons each day.

Maybe level up priest too. Not really interested in raiding before phase 3. Already went through it in vanilla but maybe after getting some gear I can get to some pick up groups and with luck get some mc/ony gear from there. As a casual rank in guild but dont really want to take the step to become raider just yet.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I've put Classic on hold and went back to retail for a while. Haven't played since Legion so it's all a little confusing, but gonna spend time there for a while.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

I've found MC so easy (mostly) that to actually get any healing done you just use flash else the people are healed, and overhealed, so fast.

Oct 27, 2018
I absolutely love Classic, I'm really enjoying my rogue, my guild is amazing... but I wish I was 60. Still only level 33 and only getting to play for 2 hours a night is killing me.

Maybe I should get a divorce and immediately surrender access to my daughter. 😂

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 55, only five more levels!

I've been listening to the soundtrack and is there any more awesome moment than entering Stormwind for the first time through the front entrance. That's a game selling moment right there.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I absolutely love Classic, I'm really enjoying my rogue, my guild is amazing... but I wish I was 60. Still only level 33 and only getting to play for 2 hours a night is killing me.

Maybe I should get a divorce and immediately surrender access to my daughter. 😂

I wouldn't worry about feeling "behind". My guess is that the average player is probably around your level. If you keep trucking along you'll make headway over time. Those dungeons aren't going anywhere and my guess is you'll be 60 long before BWL releases.

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't worry about feeling "behind". My guess is that the average player is probably around your level. If you keep trucking along you'll make headway over time. Those dungeons aren't going anywhere and my guess is you'll be 60 long before BWL releases.

I suspect BWL will release by February. MC was on farm by like week 3. BWL will be equally easy.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Healed MC for the first time (first time properly raiding in vanilla/classic) last night, got 5 bosses down without too much fuss.

Not sure I liked it to be honest. Nice to see a new place and learn new encounters but I found healing pretty dull.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Healed MC for the first time (first time properly raiding in vanilla/classic) last night, got 5 bosses down without too much fuss.

Not sure I liked it to be honest. Nice to see a new place and learn new encounters but I found healing pretty dull.

It's only engaging when something goes wrong. MC is very easy, simply put, if the core of your raid is even half competent.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
I'm level 38, taking it very slowly and enjoying the process. I'm at like 3 days played already so you can see how relaxed I'm taking it.

I'm enjoying this slow paced and harder leveling much more than what we have in retail. I'll still be playing both, but damn. So much was lost along the way for the sake of convenience.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I suspect BWL will release by February. MC was on farm by like week 3. BWL will be equally easy.

BWL won't be similarly easy just because the bosses actually have mechanics. Vael and Razergore are also the guild breakers and from what I've beard on my server some guilds are having a hard go of things in MC let alone BWL.

The big thing in BWL is you have to get to the loot dragons. Getting stuck on chromaggus or nefarian May very well happen, but if you can reliably kill Firemaw and his buddies, you'll be laughin because the gear they drop is out of this world. If you can reliably get Rejuvenating Gems, Impending Scarabs and Drake Fangs, the bosses won't stanfs for long.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
BWL is absolutely not as easy as MC, but it's not gonna be terribly challenging for a competent guild. But not all guilds are competent.

Oct 28, 2017
BWL won't be similarly easy just because the bosses actually have mechanics. Vael and Razergore are also the guild breakers and from what I've beard on my server some guilds are having a hard go of things in MC let alone BWL.

The big thing in BWL is you have to get to the loot dragons. Getting stuck on chromaggus or nefarian May very well happen, but if you can reliably kill Firemaw and his buddies, you'll be laughin because the gear they drop is out of this world. If you can reliably get Rejuvenating Gems, Impending Scarabs and Drake Fangs, the bosses won't stanfs for long.

They have mechanics, but not particularly challenging ones. Any remotely competent guild will be able to handle it.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just hit 60 on my alt, looking forward to gearing it and then jumping into MC/Ony, I'll probably just find a Wednesday pug as my guild raids on Sunday.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
have been enjoying the game some, but having my irl friend group split between two servers is killing me. trying to keep pace and level a character on each server and i'm just falling further behind everyone ._.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Managed to go from 38 to 42 this weekend. Still a long way to go.

Vael is stupid easy compared to today's mechanics. You bring some fire resist gear + fire resist potions. You get Burning Adrenaline, you get out before you explode.
Razorgore could be a problem for some people since a lot of them can't move for their lives.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
We're up to level 57, only three more levels. Got a lot of gear from a BRD run. I'm building out a better tank set now.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Managed to go from 38 to 42 this weekend. Still a long way to go.

Vael is stupid easy compared to today's mechanics. You bring some fire resist gear + fire resist potions. You get Burning Adrenaline, you get out before you explode.
Razorgore could be a problem for some people since a lot of them can't move for their lives.

I never said the bosses were particularly challenging, only that people would find them more challenging than MC. Vael is a DPS check so there's no much there, but Razorgore and Chromaggus are by themselves harder than anything in MC. Broodlord is a healer competency check, while Nefarian has a lot of intricacy or is dog easy depending on which colour pattern you get for the week.

I farmed BWL back in Vanilla and this time around will be no different. Once again, competent players with good guilds won't have much issue, but if you think people will be pugging BWL within a month of release you're dreaming.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Did people have mc on farm by like week 3 back in the day? That's the reason why I don't think they should be waiting multiple months in between phases. This isn't like 15 years ago where content took awhile, people are more experienced and you can find everything online to breeze through content faster. I don't think the numbers are going to hold up as much as they're expecting due to the long periods between phases.

Oct 28, 2017
Did people have mc on farm by like week 3 back in the day? That's the reason why I don't think they should be waiting multiple months in between phases. This isn't like 15 years ago where content took awhile, people are more experienced and you can find everything online to breeze through content faster. I don't think the numbers are going to hold up as much as they're expecting due to the long periods between phases.

No but it was pretty easy even back then by the time AQ was out (even on fresh servers).

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

The problem is that you're only looking at the top 1-10% of players. A shit load of people are pug raiding or aren't even level 60 yet. You don't want to make things too fast so that slower players feel disenfranchised but also not so slow that the hardcore aren't left with anything to do.

I think about three months between phases is probably the sweet spot. That would make all 6 phases take 15 months total, which is a lot less than the original classic timeline.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I like the curious dichotomy there seems to be about the game.

'It's terribly easy' + 'meme specs aren't good enough/you must have pre-raid BIS!'

I know the latter is more about attitude than anything, but still a bit funny.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently both my friends who are at level 60 are quitting, I guess now's a good time to work on that horde rogue alt. Decided to go on Zandalar Tribe, hopefully the realm is nice.
The problem is that you're only looking at the top 1-10% of players. A shit load of people are pug raiding or aren't even level 60 yet. You don't want to make things too fast so that slower players feel disenfranchised but also not so slow that the hardcore aren't left with anything to do.

I think about three months between phases is probably the sweet spot. That would make all 6 phases take 15 months total, which is a lot less than the original classic timeline.
Yeah, I've been joining various guilds on their MC runs (the benefits of being a warlock) and even killing Ragnaros isn't a given.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever linked that sixtyupgrades site in here, thank you. I love it.

That's why I'd add PvP and Battlegrounds as soon as possible. Killing computers gets boring but fighting against real people is always compelling.

I play a couple hours a day, give or take a couple days, and I'm not level 60 yet. I don't see anyone in my guild or on my friends list level 60 either so I really don't think that many people are level 60. And at least on my server we still get good numbers. We had a queue again when Dire Maul came out which is wild to me.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how easy it is to use... but when I check it against other lists there are discrepancies. I'm not good enough with the stats to tinker with the EP presets, so perhaps that's the problem.
I can only speak from a warlock's perspective, but I definitely had to set a custom EP to get more realistic results. Also I don't think it has any way to take into account things like hit cap, so if +hit was the best stat for my class up to a point and lost all value past that, it would happily suggest +hit gear for every slot despite being hit capped.

I think overall it works well as a rough guideline and a tracker, but I wouldn't trust it to suggest me the absolute BIS gear.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I like how easy it is to use... but when I check it against other lists there are discrepancies. I'm not good enough with the stats to tinker with the EP presets, so perhaps that's the problem.

I don't know how to tweak the EPs either or what I want but I've found it really useful for hunting down upgrades that I would've normally just passed by. Stuff from quests mostly. I've also found really cheap upgrades like I had bracers that were 10 levels out of date and a huge upgrade was on the AH for like 2g. Easy peasy.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Whoever linked that sixtyupgrades site in here, thank you. I love it.

That's why I'd add PvP and Battlegrounds as soon as possible. Killing computers gets boring but fighting against real people is always compelling.

I play a couple hours a day, give or take a couple days, and I'm not level 60 yet. I don't see anyone in my guild or on my friends list level 60 either so I really don't think that many people are level 60. And at least on my server we still get good numbers. We had a queue again when Dire Maul came out which is wild to me.

Phase 2 and phase 3 are likely going to be the golden ages of classic. If you're on a PvP server in phase 2, the world is going to become an absolute bloodbath. If you're on a PvE server in phase 3, there will be people who do not leave the BG queue. There is no more compelling content than unpredictable human on human combat.

I think phase 4 is going to be the wild card patch as the top tier raiders will already be geared up but the non raiders will start getting ZG loot and PvP rewards and will be able to scrap in the over world. Queues will abound on my server.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Phase 2 and phase 3 are likely going to be the golden ages of classic. If you're on a PvP server in phase 2, the world is going to become an absolute bloodbath. If you're on a PvE server in phase 3, there will be people who do not leave the BG queue. There is no more compelling content than unpredictable human on human combat.

I think phase 4 is going to be the wild card patch as the top tier raiders will already be geared up but the non raiders will start getting ZG loot and PvP rewards and will be able to scrap in the over world. Queues will abound on my server.

Yeah I'm on a PvP server, we ready to throwdown.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I'm on a PvP server, we ready to throwdown.
I've gotta farm essence of water and furbolg rep before it's too late. I played on a low pop back in the day so you rarely got trouble while farming but nowadays it seems like everyone wants smoke to control the good spots. As a Druid I get a lot more leeway to control PvP encounters but I also don't want to be stuck dungeon farming to make a buck.

Tension Mask

Oct 28, 2017
I just hit 60 last week and I felt like I was going pretty hard the whole time. But, I did refuse to join any spam/cleave groups. I was extremely happy to have the old leveling experience back and wanted to do it proper, tried to hit the major quests in every zone, did every dungeon once along the way, etc. The upshot of that was that I think that by avoiding the cleave groups, I avoided most of the toxic players. My experiences leveling up, in groups and solo, were overall fantastic. Can't wait to do it all again, eventually, at a more chill pace.

I thought I'd slow down a little after hitting 60, but.. not quite yet! It's been a scramble to get that Ony attunement.