• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's how its currently looking for me. Edgemasters are in my bank because of Mass of Mc Gowan. Hit bow is from DM instead of the LBRS one.

annotation2019-10-300zejpp.png

Is there any hard maths behind how good hand of justice is? Not sure i wanna bother getting it.

Don't care about the Rend mainhand, since I should be able to get the next ony weapon.

Nice loadout. I'm pretty sure the reason why HoJ is so good is that it will duplicate the attack used on the proc. For example, if you're a bear Druid and you hit maul, you will maul twice, rather than maul and then white hit. The burst potential is pretty real as a result.

I'm pretty sure you can three man farm it if you're game, but it's a huge pain in the ass. You're better off spending your time trying to get other pieces of gear. if you could get onyxia necklace that would be great. Two tarnished Elven rings might also be a good idea.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Playing my rogue as a real asshole. All those ganks I suffered as a pacificist on my main...it's all coming out any time I see someone

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
That's how its currently looking for me. Edgemasters are in my bank because of Mass of Mc Gowan. Hit bow is from DM instead of the LBRS one.

Is there any hard maths behind how good hand of justice is? Not sure i wanna bother getting it.

Don't care about the Rend mainhand, since I should be able to get the next ony weapon.
HoJ will last you until Naxx and beyond (if you don't get the insane AQ40/Naxx trinkets).
Dal'rend offhand is bad, you want to use mirah's song instead. I would argue even Thrash Blade with Edgemasters is better than what you use currently.
I'm talking about raid content (lvl62-63 targets).

HoJ is flat AP +2% chance of extra swing of your MH, which is not only damage but also extra rage.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good drop, but I'm always of the mind to profit of other's BiS obsessions and get better via raiding. Only works if you have the raids to do, ofc.

That's my thought as well, especially since MC and stuff are still new content. It's going to go for top dollar now rather than later when it's more easily replaceable.

I also got https://classic.wowhead.com/item=17007/stonerender-gauntlets and https://classic.wowhead.com/item=10626/ragehammer to sell but I'm thinking they would be better to hold onto until people buying gear for twinks instead of selling them now.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Hunters being easy mode is some kind of reward for those first 10 levels, right? I'm levelling a hunter (because it would be nice to have a self-sufficient character for once) and it's torture waiting to get a pet. D:

Oct 28, 2017

HoJ will be your BiS for years. Get one.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
1k xp away from 53.

So I've done hinterlands, feralas, tanaris, ungoro, a bit of felwood.

Where else do I go from here?

I never leveled past 55 in vanilla and have no idea where to go lol

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Searing Gorge + Early BRD > Western Plaguelands > Winterspring + EPL + Silithus + BRD > BRS/Strat/Scholo >. Dire Maul.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I hit 58 yesterday. Only two more levels! I gotta get the guildies to do a BRD quest run with me. I have like a level's worth of XP right there.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Man, I've barely been able to play this week, just from 42 to 43. Hopefully I'll be free enough this long weekend mornings because I'd like to get to 46. It's a long stretch but I've a lot of quests still available between Stranglethorn, Tanaris and Feralas.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
1k xp away from 53.

So I've done hinterlands, feralas, tanaris, ungoro, a bit of felwood.

Where else do I go from here?

I never leveled past 55 in vanilla and have no idea where to go lol

I hit the same wall of trying to find where I should go. I hit up Western Plaguelands did some more Felwood and then did some dungeon based quests. Before I run a dungeon I just go around grabbing all the quests and do em all in one-shot which gives a ton of XP. Sunken Temple had quite a few quests and if you're a skinner you'll fall in love.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Got the Staff of Domiance in MC tonight, pretty sick.

I'm jealous. I spent all my DKP on this back in the day and now that I'm in a LC guild it looks like it will be a while before I get it.

I picked up Stormrage Pants and Eskhandar's Collar last night which was an otherwise good days work considering it was warrior night big time yesterday. We had Shaman night last week, but some big boy equipment dropped for the tanks and DPS which will be great for future raids.

I'm at like 16 days played and I've already accomplished what it probably took me to do in 3 times the time, it's crazy how fun Classic is this time around.[/QUOTE]

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I'm jealous. I spent all my DKP on this back in the day and now that I'm in a LC guild it looks like it will be a while before I get it.

I picked up Stormrage Pants and Eskhandar's Collar last night which was an otherwise good days work considering it was warrior night big time yesterday. We had Shaman night last week, but some big boy equipment dropped for the tanks and DPS which will be great for future raids.

I'm at like 16 days played and I've already accomplished what it probably took me to do in 3 times the time, it's crazy how fun Classic is this time around.

My friend says he distinctly recalls that when we downed Rag the first time back in the day, he had 100 days played.
This time we downed rag before submerge on our 3rd ever kill, & well under 20 days.

The difference is mad. Shows just how different the paradigm was back then. Hindsight/foresight, sure, but there's also a much more direct approach to gear. I remember wanting Devout, cos that was 'the priest set'. I saw a Priest today with a near-full set, had to feel for them a bit :D

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My friend says he distinctly recalls that when we downed Rag the first time back in the day, he had 100 days played.
This time we downed rag before submerge on our 3rd ever kill, & well under 20 days.

The difference is mad. Shows just how different the paradigm was back then. Hindsight/foresight, sure, but there's also a much more direct approach to gear. I remember wanting Devout, cos that was 'the priest set'. I saw a Priest today with a near-full set, had to feel for them a bit :D

For reference, I was on a small pop server and we were the first guild to kill Ragnaros. Although I don't remember the exact date, it was in the summer as I was working a shitty labourer job. I started in January. And let's just say it happened 180 days after I started. At an extremely conservative estimate of 4 hours a day, that would put me around 30 days just to kill Rag. Just going through the exercise reminded me that I think I was between 33-37 days played.

My guild killed Rag this time around when I was 12 days played. Not only that, there is absolutely no equivalence as I'm about 16 days played now with either BiS or close to BiS gear for my healer, bear and cat sets, have already juiced a bunch of my reputations, am close to an epic mount, have hide of the wild, the list goes on and on. I'd estimate this time aroundim probably about 3-4x efficient. I'm literally so far ahead of the curve that I could raid log until BWL right now if I wanted, it's fucking absurd.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
For reference, I was on a small pop server and we were the first guild to kill Ragnaros. Although I don't remember the exact date, it was in the summer as I was working a shitty labourer job. I started in January. And let's just say it happened 180 days after I started. At an extremely conservative estimate of 4 hours a day, that would put me around 30 days just to kill Rag. Just going through the exercise reminded me that I think I was between 33-37 days played.

My guild killed Rag this time around when I was 12 days played. Not only that, there is absolutely no equivalence as I'm about 16 days played now with either BiS or close to BiS gear for my healer, bear and cat sets, have already juiced a bunch of my reputations, am close to an epic mount, have hide of the wild, the list goes on and on. I'd estimate this time aroundim probably about 3-4x efficient. I'm literally so far ahead of the curve that I could raid log until BWL right now if I wanted, it's fucking absurd.

Ditto, effectively. I have a straight-up 900g epic mount already. Back then it took me ages - I got the Exalted AV mount as it was cheaper. MADNESS. WTF was I doing to take that long to save the money?! Somehow it was quicker to get exalted rep and spend 500g than get 900g flat? I even borrowed some of that 500g!

Last edited:

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just got the guild first mageblade the other night. The boys surprised me with it as a reward for all the work I do for the GB. Pretty much fully BiSd out till bwl. Got 30sp put on it the second raid was done. Just want a ToEP for PvP now.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
How are you guys making gold? I feel like everything I do is slow and ineffective. It feels bad.
I've accepted that I'll eventually have a good amount of gold - not because I've farmed it but because I'll have played a lot and spent very little. Right now I have maybe 300g having been level 60 for quite a while, no epic mount.

Mindless grinding for pretty much anything isn't something I'm interested in doing.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I remember spending at least one full night just trying to kill Geddon for the first time. These days any random pug will get to Majordomo easily with 30 people.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017

I'm at like 16 days played and I've already accomplished what it probably took me to do in 3 times the time, it's crazy how fun Classic is this time around.
[/QUOTE]
Yea we do LC also, and like every warlock rolled on tier pieces and a neck, and one mage got the belt, so only 5 people rolled on that staff. Now I can do my roll on other stuff.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
On the flip side it means they're more prestigous and cherished more.
Additionally, it creates a positive social feedback loop where you strengthen social bonds by passing on loot or working specifically for someone else, rather than always working for yourself either directly or indirectly (when you still may be doing that but you also receive personal loot).

Raiding MC is awesome because you see people getting huge power spikes by getting new gear and it feels like you're making the collective stronger. It even has positive knock on effects for me even when I don't get any gear. Like now, our tanks are so well geared, I don't need to purely focus on healing them and do a bit more for the raid. Yesterday I was able to help decurse more which saves the mana of Mages and priests which means a safer raid with more DPS. I also jumped into cat for phase 1 on onyxia just because her damage was so weak, and went full cat gear when we killed Jaina for free gold. All of this was occasioned because only a few people got loot and everyone was happy when they got it.

Just living the Druid thug life

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I don't do anything special. I pick up herbs when I see them, I use Auctionator, I sell what I find 9 times out of 10. I run dungeons a fair bit.

Not 1 minute of grind. It's not super-quick but it's not soul-destroying either.

How are you guys making gold? I feel like everything I do is slow and ineffective. It feels bad.

Are you level 60? At that point I would get most greens disenchanted. They won't sell and the mats will sell quite quickly. Only exception might be vendoring weapons because they often vendor for a lot of money.

Currently I have two gathering professions, mining and skinning. Thick and Rugged leather sell about instantly for a gold or two a stack. Thorium is about 8g for 20 ore but 11g for the bars so I smelt it. Runecloth I make into bandages now but I used to sell. Also if you don't need a certain kind of health or mana potion, they AH for a decent amount. I've sold mana potions for more than a gold a pop. Then of course you add on vendoring stuff, quest rewards etc. I'm up to about 400g at level 58 which I don't think is too bad. I think crafting professions are an income drain so it's best to not have them especially when leveling a first character. You'll spend money training it but also in lost income from using mats you would sell otherwise.

Additionally, it creates a positive social feedback loop where you strengthen social bonds by passing on loot or working specifically for someone else, rather than always working for yourself either directly or indirectly (when you still may be doing that but you also receive personal loot).

Raiding MC is awesome because you see people getting huge power spikes by getting new gear and it feels like you're making the collective stronger. It even has positive knock on effects for me even when I don't get any gear. Like now, our tanks are so well geared, I don't need to purely focus on healing them and do a bit more for the raid. Yesterday I was able to help decurse more which saves the mana of Mages and priests which means a safer raid with more DPS. I also jumped into cat for phase 1 on onyxia just because her damage was so weak, and went full cat gear when we killed Jaina for free gold. All of this was occasioned because only a few people got loot and everyone was happy when they got it.

Just living the Druid thug life

On your first point, my guild druid and I both rolled on the Naglering and I got it (we were sharing tank duties as I was a higher level and I was tanking at that time). I think he's fine with it but I should've let him have it because by the time the run had ended I had gotten a bunch of great plate gear as well. It's not really my fault as the only plate wearer and there's no way I could've known that the gear would drop later but it would've generated a lot of goodwill and just been nice. Don't let people walk all over you but don't pass up the opportunity to be nice.

Last edited:

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
On your first point, my guild druid and I both rolled on the Naglering and I got it (we were sharing tank duties as I was a higher level and I was tanking at that time). I think he's fine with it but I should've let him have it because by the time the run had ended I had gotten a bunch of great plate gear as well. It's not really my fault as the only plate wearer and there's no way I could've known that the gear would drop later but it would've generated a lot of goodwill and just been nice. Don't let people walk all over you but don't pass up the opportunity to be nice.

I don't think you did anything wrong here. If you both need, you both need. The difference is that you, now knowing that your bud still needs a Good Druid tanking ring, might help him to do a princess save run so he can get thrills resolve, or make sure to chip in if you can get a group together to finish the battle if Darrowshire quest line. It's the shared sense of responsibility that helps to foster good in game societal bonds.

Of course, the converse is also true. If someone fucks you big time or seems to not give a shit about your success, you are more than within your right to avoid playing with that person and to find someone who shares your approach to the game.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Downed last night with a pug group raiding. First time I've actually finished a raid that's current (almost did LK in wrath). Still think our guild is a long way from actually raiding MC but it was a lot of fun.

Starting to get into lvling my priest and pally now that my Druid is 60. Still not sure who I want to main.

The wait for BG's is soooooo long. I love PvP but I don't like how it plays out on PvP servers so I could be waiting months for BG's. Kinda sucks in a way.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Losing my mind on hunters rolling at shadowcraft pieces. It is what it is, all loot is hunter loot. Glad they are rarely invited anyway.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not like Rogues should be needing a ton of Shadowcraft in the first place. The T1 sets are universally bad.
True, shadowcraft is not very good set overall for raiding but 6/8 is very good especially with daggers. Combine it with devilsaurs (or muggers belt and cadaverous chest) and I think it's best before raid items.

It's also nice looking and for pvp not that bad, most items have decent stamina.

Got tunic today, still need shoulders for 8/8. Never had this many pieces in vanilla so im pretty happy. Been having nice luck with gearing in 5mans.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
My guild has been pretty unlucky with good loot in MC, we've had no Mageblade, Bonereavers, Strikers Mark, Band of Accuria, Onslaught Girdle, Talisman. And we've only had 1 Spinal, 1 Aged Core, 1 Staff of Dominance, 1 Corehound Tooth. The only big item/weapon we've got a lot of is Perdition's Blade, which we've had 5 of. I did get the Bloodfang legs today, but they're super underbudgeted, they're barely better than Nightslayer.

I've decided I will PvP on my alt Mage instead as she needs the gear more, my Rogue will always have PvE gear that's comparable or better and I don't plan to go to rank 14 again as it was a nightmare the first time. I'm currently farming Zul'Farrak, trying to make about 2k gold before PvP hits, so I can focus on PvP and go a non farming spec.

Oct 27, 2018
My guild makes this game even better. Yesterday in my mail someone had sent me The Ziggler so I've paired it with Sword Of Omen (quest reward for killing the four dudes in SM) and I'm a killing machine.

I'm level 37 but since I'll probably have them for a while, I might put fiery weapon (other cheap enchant recommendations welcomed) on them both.

someone else in the guild sent me a lockbox (can't open it yet) just because they figured I could. And it wasn't like 'unlock this and send it back plz,' just 'hope you get something good' 😁

Smashed through a ton of quests last night - the ones you get in Tarren mill for the elites in Alterac and the surrounding area, so it felt really productive and I can't believe how many orange and red quests I chalked off. hoping to start getting ready for a few RFD runs soon.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've accomplished so much that I've now entered the phase of the game where basically any activity I want to do is optional and purely based off my own goals. So rather than play, I say in Orgrimmar last night while I watched Netflix with my wife just spamming my leatherworking sales pitch macro, I lost track but I think I made about 270g~ crafting hide of the wild and devilsaur gear.

Now I have more than enough for my epic mount, but with PvP coming out soon, I still feel cheap and want to wait for the 10% discount. That being said, if I craft a few more cloaks I may just say fuck it and pull the trigger. I've got 180g worth of cured rugged hides in the bank so it's not like I don't have a back up store of funds. All I need is some wild growth spaulders and I'll be a happy camper.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
Is there a decent way to make money with Herbalism / Alchemy at lvl60?
I remember in BC or WotlK there was this transmute stuff for gems or something.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
ran a couple Stratholme runs and got a ton of plate. I want a good weapon from somewhere though.

I don't think you did anything wrong here. If you both need, you both need. The difference is that you, now knowing that your bud still needs a Good Druid tanking ring, might help him to do a princess save run so he can get thrills resolve, or make sure to chip in if you can get a group together to finish the battle if Darrowshire quest line. It's the shared sense of responsibility that helps to foster good in game societal bonds.

Of course, the converse is also true. If someone fucks you big time or seems to not give a shit about your success, you are more than within your right to avoid playing with that person and to find someone who shares your approach to the game.

Another guildie got the Dreadforge Retaliator over me so we even lol. Time to respec from my arms leveling now that I'm 60. I love using two-handers so I might stick with them but still respec to fury instead of arms to DPS. I think the thing I would want most from retail in Classic is dual speccing. Current retail is too flexible but now I gotta pick if I want to tank or dps even though I have gear for both atm. And then I want to PvP as well...so many decisions now.

Oct 27, 2017
All my old gold farming spots are super overpopulated now.

Farming essences and elemental of fire? forget about it, all the spots are being camped around the clock.
Deadwing Pass usually has people.
Mining has a lot of competition.