• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Pain in the ass. I need those bags slots, man.

I went and did the scholomance key quest just because I figured I would get the key ring. Now I've got another key taking up room in my bags. Not a big deal but I always carry my tank gear with me so I've already got a bag completely lost to that and another that has all my potions, tools, quest items etc so it will add up eventually.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Didn't get Eye when it finally stopped after weeks of that fookin' Leaf.

Did get Cauterizing Band tho. Nice vote of confidence when I get that over 13 other healers. Boom!

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Did our first split run MC last night with 20-23 people in each raid. It was certainly more exciting and more vanilla like than the usual 40 man steam roll. We had some issues with Sulfuron but we got him down in the end and we managed to kill Rag on the first try with just one submerge.
The loot gods awarded us with two eye of divinity for our achievement which almost makes up for the god awful drop rate we've had so far.

I got one of the eyes and just finished the quest. I'm glad I got it done before the honor system hits tonight because EPL is going to be even more of a warzone.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Did my first run through of Sunkern Temple. Managed to kill the final boss but the group left before the Dragon could be killed. Ah well. At least that means i can re-do it and gain more loot

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Just did 2.5 hours of b2b pvp action in hillsbrad and got 1400 honor kills. very fun, this is on a PvE server also

Oct 28, 2017
Man this game is close to unplayable on Incendius Alliance. We rolled into Ony with 80 and got crushed by probably 120 horde. Insane. Every major Alliance flight master is dead. Rogues literally sit on the roads waiting for you to walk by. Packs of 6-10 horde roam every zone.

Oct 27, 2018
Just did 2.5 hours of b2b pvp action in hillsbrad and got 1400 honor kills. very fun, this is on a PvE server also
Same. Nethergarde Keep?

I'm only level 41 but my guild started the raid so let me join in. Was absolutely crushing the alliance for a while but then they got reinforcements, and seemed to get more organised, and we got our asses whooped. Still got over 700 honourable kills though, and somehow managed to not get any dishonourable, even though people kept wanting to creep closer and closer to Southshore.

Started the night thinking great I only need 5k to get level 42. I gained exactly 0xp in around 3 hours of playing. Great fun though! And got friendly with a Tauren who had Sulfuras, so I'm getting my face out there. 🤪

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Same. Nethergarde Keep?

I'm only level 41 but my guild started the raid so let me join in. Was absolutely crushing the alliance for a while but then they got reinforcements, and seemed to get more organised, and we got our asses whooped. Still got over 700 honourable kills though, and somehow managed to not get any dishonourable, even though people kept wanting to creep closer and closer to Southshore.

Started the night thinking great I only need 5k to get level 42. I gained exactly 0xp in around 3 hours of playing. Great fun though! And got friendly with a Tauren who had Sulfuras, so I'm getting my face out there. 🤪
Nope Myzreal. It's still going 12 hours straight

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
On Incendius, we (the horde) managed to organize a push/pull. We'd all retreat back to the tower, wait for the alliance to creep out of southshore then push them all the way back to Soutshore. They took the bait every time lol. Nearly unplayable but fun as hell for the experience.

Man this game is close to unplayable on Incendius Alliance. We rolled into Ony with 80 and got crushed by probably 120 horde. Insane. Every major Alliance flight master is dead. Rogues literally sit on the roads waiting for you to walk by. Packs of 6-10 horde roam every zone.

Alliance always kill me even when I /wave first. The time for mercy has passed.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
It's a lot of fun, but also highlights the lack of fluidity. I know WoW never really set out to do it, but capturing towns would have been cool.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The main problem with DHKs is that they are really stifling. It was a good thing to get rid of them.

DHK's singlehandedly killed PvP in cities as it is almost impossible to not kill civilians when trying to kill world leaders. If there was one thing I could change about classic, it would definitely be to remove DHK's forever and now.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Is BWL a sizeable step in difficulty compared to MC? Never raided that one back in the day and in Classic my current guild absolutely destroys MC without even trying.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Is BWL a sizeable step in difficulty compared to MC? Never raided that one back in the day and in Classic my current guild absolutely destroys MC without even trying.

Man I need to get into some raiding. I'm not pre-raid BIS by any means but I can put up some numbers.

DHK's singlehandedly killed PvP in cities as it is almost impossible to not kill civilians when trying to kill world leaders. If there was one thing I could change about classic, it would definitely be to remove DHK's forever and now.
Yeah it would be more fun to encourage city raiding. I don't think they should be so slavishly loyal to vanilla. There's some stuff that are clearly poor design and now with hindsight we can see the consequences and we should leverage that knowledge, carefully.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I know it's dumb but i saw three pieces of the Preist Devout set so i had to buy them (was totally worth it though). It's going to be a pain to get the other ones though when i am able to go through UBRS and the other dungeons needed to get them

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I know it's dumb but i saw three pieces of the Preist Devout set so i had to buy them (was totally worth it though). It's going to be a pain to get the other ones though when i am able to go through UBRS and the other dungeons needed to get them

I wouldn't bother for most pieces unless you love the look and have a thing about full sets.There are better pieces for both healing and damage.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

It'll be harder but your guild will still have it on farm pretty quick. BWL used to crush guilds but now we have so much knowledge and everyone has readily accessible itemization lists that even Val won't be too bad.

AQ40 and Naxx will be another story however...

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It'll be harder but your guild will still have it on farm pretty quick. BWL used to crush guilds but now we have so much knowledge and everyone has readily accessible itemization lists that even Val won't be too bad.

AQ40 and Naxx will be another story however...

Strictly speaking, BWL didn't really do that much damage, it was the first two bosses who exploded guilds. Once you get to the loot dragons it's pretty easy to get through to chromaggus and nefarian. As I've said before I think people are undestimating how hard BWL will be but it won't take more than a month for semi competent guilds.

Perhaps the biggest impediment will be the colour calls from chromaggus and nefarian. Certain colour combinations make the fight a cakewalk while others make it really annoying and difficult.

Tension Mask

Oct 28, 2017
I've never experienced world PVP quite like what it's been this week. There are death squads everywhere. It's kind of amazing

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Got my titty shoulders on the Rogue today, happy with that. Still no CHT, but we've only had 1 drop so far.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Nightslayer shoulders.

4378-nightslayer-shoulder-pads.jpg

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Got in an MC pug on Friday hosted by a guild. Would be my first Molten Core ever. Started clearing pretty fast when people started noticing things were missing. From what I can piece together, we got the raid id of whoever started the group from the guild, who then switched to an alt. When we all zoned in and started clearing, we also got this raid of the cleared instance. So this guild basically locked 40 people out of the instance for the week. Whoopsies!

I wasn't too broken up by it, it just sucks that there were tons of groups looking for people and I just happened to get in this one lol. A lot of people were pissed though.

On Saturday I did do UBRS for the first time. No real good drops or anything, very smooth run though and I got some quests done. With buffs and totems I feel like I'm critting all the time as a fury warrior. Feels great.

Will we get PvP ranks on Tuesday? I only did a little on Thursday and the rest I just spent dungeoning. Too much of a cluster to spend a lot of time but it was really fun just to experience.

Oct 28, 2017
Got in an MC pug on Friday hosted by a guild. Would be my first Molten Core ever. Started clearing pretty fast when people started noticing things were missing. From what I can piece together, we got the raid id of whoever started the group from the guild, who then switched to an alt. When we all zoned in and started clearing, we also got this raid of the cleared instance. So this guild basically locked 40 people out of the instance for the week. Whoopsies!

I wasn't too broken up by it, it just sucks that there were tons of groups looking for people and I just happened to get in this one lol. A lot of people were pissed though.

On Saturday I did do UBRS for the first time. No real good drops or anything, very smooth run though and I got some quests done. With buffs and totems I feel like I'm critting all the time as a fury warrior. Feels great.

Will we get PvP ranks on Tuesday? I only did a little on Thursday and the rest I just spent dungeoning. Too much of a cluster to spend a lot of time but it was really fun just to experience.

That's disappointing. Make sure you do your Onyxia attunement so that you can do that every 5 days!

PvP ranks should be Tuesday yeah.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone explain to me what the big deal about the "Spy" add on is? Because I looked at the WoW Classic forums and people are going friggin out over there claiming it's cheating and that it breaks the terms of service and therefore anyone and everyone who is it should be banned.

But as far as I can tell all it does is give you a heads up if someone stealths near you and that's it. That doesn't seem particularly useful given that you still have no idea where the person is and yet rogues are foaming at the mouths over it. I don't get it.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain to me what the big deal about the "Spy" add on is? Because I looked at the WoW Classic forums and people are going friggin out over there claiming it's cheating and that it breaks the terms of service and therefore anyone and everyone who is it should be banned.

But as far as I can tell all it does is give you a heads up if someone stealths near you and that's it. That doesn't seem particularly useful given that you still have no idea where the person is and yet rogues are foaming at the mouths over it. I don't get it.

It's not that big of a deal, and it's not against any ToS.

It alerts you whenever an enemy comes nearby, or whether they stealth, by reading the combat log. It allows you to target unstealthed players by clicking on the addon, even if you can't physically see them — basically no different than a /target macro.

So it provides an advantage, and can make a careful player difficult (but not impossible) to ambush. To some, that defeats the spirit of WPvP, but it's always been allowed.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's not that big of a deal, and it's not against any ToS.

It alerts you whenever an enemy comes nearby, or whether they stealth, by reading the combat log. It allows you to target unstealthed players by clicking on the addon, even if you can't physically see them — basically no different than a /target macro.

So it provides an advantage, and can make a careful player difficult (but not impossible) to ambush. To some, that defeats the spirit of WPvP, but it's always been allowed.
Wait so it lets you target people you can't see? Okay I could get how people would get upset about that i guess. I was just confused about why people were so heated about it. There were multiple 100+ response threads.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
The Spy addon lets you know if there's a bunch of enemies hiding out in a house close by that you would have no idea of otherwise. It ruins world pvp and should be banned imo.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
That's disappointing. Make sure you do your Onyxia attunement so that you can do that every 5 days!

PvP ranks should be Tuesday yeah.

Yeah I was really disappointed but I can probably find a group this week. And it did inspire me to work on my onyxia attunement. Gotta get some dragon eyes from UBRS now. I think the next thing I want to do is farm the mats for a Lionheart Helm. I am lacking in +hit gear and I think that will really help. I also want to get a belt with some +hit from UBRS.

My to-do list is:

Get +hit ranged from LBRS or Dire Maul East
Get +hit plate belt from UBRS
Get Hand of Justice and/or SGC from BRD. Arena/Anger runs are easy.
Farm/buy mats mats for Lionheart Helm

Oh and I guess save for the 100% mount. I'm a little over 600g right now.

Meanwhile I can sneak into some MC and Onyxia pugs and get some gear that way. I haven't checked Onyxia's loot table but that Head quest has a great neck item with some hit.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
But don't most people just use it as a counter to Rogues?

I can only speak from my own experience but everyone in my pvp group uses it to effectively extend their perception distance to know if there's any enemies close by that they wouldn't be able to see otherwise.

You're at a serious disadvantage if you don't use it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It also affects mass pvp, making it impossible for a group or player to sneak up on you.
But isn't that the point? I haven't played classic and I wasn't there for Vanilla, but even i know just how horribly unbalanced PvP could be and apparently still is going by what I have seen. So this add on to me just seems like a way of balancing the scales for players who are trying to avoid getting ganked.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
But isn't that the point? I haven't played classic and I wasn't there for Vanilla, but even i know just how horribly unbalanced PvP could be and apparently still is going by what I have seen. So this add on to me just seems like a way of balancing the scales for players who are trying to avoid getting ganked.

In some scenarios it'll help you avoid getting ganked, but more often that not it will just make it easier for groups looking to gank people to find targets.

You're right that wpvp is mostly an unbalanced mess, where the biggest groups win. One of the few ways of overcoming odds is if you are able to catch a bigger group by surprise by coming from a direction they don't expect or at an opportune moment. Some will obviously see your group coming, but if you catch enough by surprise you can change the odds by taking out enough people early on. Thanks to Spy, feats like this will be near impossible because in all likelihood, the massive majority of the group you are trying to catch by surprise will all be notified that a certain amount of players of the opposing faction are entering their proximity, and they'll be able to target them as well by simply clicking on the list that has appeared in their addon.