• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
In some scenarios it'll help you avoid getting ganked, but more often that not it will just make it easier for groups looking to gank people to find targets.

You're right that wpvp is mostly an unbalanced mess, where the biggest groups win. One of the few ways of overcoming odds is if you are able to catch a bigger group by surprise by coming from a direction they don't expect or at an opportune moment. Some will obviously see your group coming, but if you catch enough by surprise you can change the odds by taking out enough people early on. Thanks to Spy, feats like this will be near impossible because in all likelihood, the massive majority of the group you are trying to catch by surprise will all be notified that a certain amount of players of the opposing faction are entering their proximity, and they'll be able to target them as well by simply clicking on the list that has appeared in their addon.
Wait i think I have severely misunderstood what the add on does. Are you saying it lets you know when any enemies are nearby no matter what?

I thought this add on only showed when enemies went in and out of stealth.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait i think I have severely misunderstood what the add on does. Are you saying it lets you know when any enemies are nearby no matter what?

I thought this add on only showed when enemies went in and out of stealth.
It shows any enemies that do anything within the range of your combat log. Doing anything may be something as simple as gaining a buff, and "gaining a buff" may be something like warriors just running around because their stances are buffs and whenever a warriors comes in your range your combat log will show them gaining that buff.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It shows any enemies that do anything within the range of your combat log. Doing anything may be something as simple as gaining a buff, and "gaining a buff" may be something like warriors just running around because their stances are buffs and whenever a warriors comes in your range your combat log will show them gaining that buff.
Oh wow. I had no idea. Okay then yeah I can see why people are upset then. I thought it was just a detector for stealth users.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also love the amount of people whining over world PvP on the classic forums when they joined a PvP server.
Yeah but its a bit disingenuous to try and paint it that way. People aren't upset about PvP. From what I understand they seem to be mainly upset at the camping in leveling areas and gangs of players locking down flight paths and other travel points. And that's not really PvP. Thats just griefing.

shiftmal

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but its a bit disingenuous to try and paint it that way. People aren't upset about PvP. From what I understand they seem to be mainly upset at the camping in leveling areas and gangs of players locking down flight paths and other travel points. And that's not really PvP. Thats just griefing.

All of this. A couple weeks ago I ran up on a 48 rogue fighting a 54 rogue. Another 60 was watching them go at it. We sat there while they fought and cheered on the lower level when he barely won. Today the 48 and both of us 60s would be steamrolled by a 40 man raid farming honor inefficiently. There's a little nuance in those different situations.

Oct 27, 2018
I installed Spy today. Logged on in Orgrimmar and a few popped up. Announced it on /3 with my level 8 rogue and next thing they all pop out of stealth "Orgrimmar is under attack." Called it. 😎

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry but if you roll on a PvP server and are getting killed in the open world than too bad. Obviously the camping flight masters and stuff sucks but it's a very quick way to earn honour instead of mass battles. Hopefully they open up PvP to PvE transfers for some people but you got what you signed up for. PvE servers are there for a reason, and I've earned almost 10k honour, and I've done no more than 10 hours of optional PvP since Thursday. I can also level up my alt in peace, and get to dungeons/raids without getting ganked.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry but if you roll on a PvP server and are getting killed in the open world than too bad. Obviously the camping flight masters and stuff sucks but it's a very quick way to earn honour instead of mass battles. Hopefully they open up PvP to PvE transfers for some people but you got what you signed up for. PvE servers are there for a reason, and I've earned almost 10k honour, and I've done no more than 10 hours of optional PvP since Thursday. I can also level up my alt in peace, and get to dungeons/raids without getting ganked.
You missed my point. People aren't mad they are being killed in the open world. They are mad that they are being camped in leveling areas and flight paths. Thats not "PvP". That's just trolling. And that's not what people signed up for.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
You missed my point. People aren't mad they are being killed in the open world. They are mad that they are being camped in leveling areas and flight paths. Thats not "PvP". That's just trolling. And that's not what people signed up for.
That's literally player vs player, and yes also griefing at the same time. Not only did people have over 2 months to get to 60 they also have the option to roll on PvE servers. People have been saying this was going to happen since classic came out. What do you want Blizzard to do, tell people not to sit at flight points and kill people? Not happening. If anything there's needs to be faction specific queues so the dominant faction isn't outnumbering the other by a lot, but that's not going to fix a alot of the problems.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Can't get anything cool to drop in UBRS but I'm progressing in my Onyxia attunement. We also had a raid formed to take back Kargath and secure the pass which was fun. They were going to take back Blackrock but I had to log for the night. Good stuff.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
That's literally player vs player, and yes also griefing at the same time. Not only did people have over 2 months to get to 60 they also have the option to roll on PvE servers. People have been saying this was going to happen since classic came out. What do you want Blizzard to do, tell people not to sit at flight points and kill people? Not happening. If anything there's needs to be faction specific queues so the dominant faction isn't outnumbering the other by a lot, but that's not going to fix a alot of the problems.
What do you mean by faction specific queues?

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I was really disappointed but I can probably find a group this week. And it did inspire me to work on my onyxia attunement. Gotta get some dragon eyes from UBRS now. I think the next thing I want to do is farm the mats for a Lionheart Helm. I am lacking in +hit gear and I think that will really help. I also want to get a belt with some +hit from UBRS.

My to-do list is:

Get +hit ranged from LBRS or Dire Maul East
Get +hit plate belt from UBRS
Get Hand of Justice and/or SGC from BRD. Arena/Anger runs are easy.
Farm/buy mats mats for Lionheart Helm

Oh and I guess save for the 100% mount. I'm a little over 600g right now.

Meanwhile I can sneak into some MC and Onyxia pugs and get some gear that way. I haven't checked Onyxia's loot table but that Head quest has a great neck item with some hit.

Lionheart can be saved for later unless you're in a hardcore raiding guild. Focus on the mask off the Unforgiven in Strat. You can usually get your group to do that in both Live and UD strat. That helm has 2% hit also.

Lionheart is well over 1000 gold.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
The bogus thing is you don't get any honor for killing someone who's just landed from a FP. you're basically just hoping you can then kill them again once they spawn, if they're even in your range to receive honor.

I also think a lot of people don't get how the honor points/rank points work so people are just going for as much as they can.

It's definitely brutal on the unbalanced servers. Seems like every single time I finish off a mob someone is there to pick me off at half health. Many times not the same person, there's just so many of the other faction running around.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
That would fix like nothing though - if a Horde player has to sit 30 minutes longer in a queue, you just log in and go afk for a bit. There would still be more Horde on the server throughout the day. Maybe if you make the queue multiple hours long, so people would give up playing altogether.

Boldstrategycotton.gif !

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Blizz has announced BGs will be released early.

Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley will open in WoW Classic simultaneously on all realms the week of December 10. At the same time, Elemental Invasions will occur in Kalimdor, with Blazing, Thundering, Watery, and Whirling Invaders appearing in Un'goro Crater, Azshara, Winterspring, and Silithus respectively.
We've been following the deadly deeds of the Classic community closely over the last week as the Honor system sparked an impressive amount of World PvP on PvP realms, and we're excited to see what might transpire over the next three weeks. Nonetheless, like many of you, we can't wait to charge into some battlegrounds, so we've detached this content unlock from the plan we previously announced. Blackwing Lair and Darkmoon Faire are coming in early 2020.
We'll have an exact timestamp for this content unlock to share with you in early December.
See you there!

Thank God. I was afraid they were gonna leave things as they were.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I knew they'd release BGs like a month after honor. Horde on PvP servers are going to be in very long queues which they probably don't realize.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Got Eye of Divinity!

Spent 2 hours farming for EoS with 15 guildies. Not one drop. We killed probably close to 100 relevant mobs. Ah well. Also got a ton of honour >:]

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
I've got most BiS for my warrior, I feel like there's nothing to do besides raid MC. I've started levelling a hunter but abit of fatigue has set in.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of Blizzard reacting to a very vocal minority by implementing a band aid fix and not addressing the underlying problem. They should work to fix the overcrowded servers and the faction imbalance rather than funneling everyone into battlegrounds early.

I was having a ton of fun with world pvp and I'm not looking forward to sitting in 30+ minute Battleground queues to pvp just because world pvp has been killed.

edit: And yeah, all the EU PvP servers being in the same BG group is going to make queues even worse. They should mix in all the PvE servers because a lot of them have alliance majorities. I guess if we complain enough Blizzard might do it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't joined a raiding guild but every time I'm running a dungeon with people who are well-geared raiders I'll shoot my shot and ask them to keep me in mind if they need raiders for raid night and now it's paying off and I'm on a couple lists. I don't expect to get showered in gear but I at least wanna see the content and have a good time.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Got tired of waiting for Viskag or a Brut Blade so I took a Perdition's dagger. It does more damage than my previous main hand sword Thrash Blade.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Joined a raiding guild so I get geared for BGs. I am the only Druid in the raid and managed to get 5 tier 1 and 1 tier 2 in three weeks.

Too bad everyone thinks we're crap. I want to innervate myself, instead I always have to save it for a priest.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Every PvP server is horde majority except a couple that are close.
There's a few that have more ally or are at least reasonably balanced, especially the ones that opened up during the first wave of transfers. Heartseeker for sure has way more ally than horde since most ally from Skeram and Stalagg left to go there. It'll be fine.

Oct 28, 2017
Joined a raiding guild so I get geared for BGs. I am the only Druid in the raid and managed to get 5 tier 1 and 1 tier 2 in three weeks.

Too bad everyone thinks we're crap. I want to innervate myself, instead I always have to save it for a priest.

Honestly, you class isn't good. That's not your fault of course. Innervate should go on a priest.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
There's a few that have more ally or are at least reasonably balanced, especially the ones that opened up during the first wave of transfers. Heartseeker for sure has way more ally than horde since most ally from Skeram and Stalagg left to go there. It'll be fine.
We'll see I guess. Herod alone probably makes up for a few of the majority alliance servers.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Because the content demands such rules, of course.

I love the discrepancy between how hard current raid content isn't, and how stringent class behaviour is supposed to be. Sure, don't take the piss, but there's a big space in between.
Yeah... I mean, it's not as good as other classes at all its roles, but it's far from awful, and still plenty good for any content in classic wow.

I have to say part of me regrets rolling Druid because of this mentality, and it's a shame because the class is great fun to play, but people just don't want you really. They want one of you in the raid for buffs and thats about it. Maybe one more just to soak up loot.

It's funny really. I thought people might have been less elitist about classes with the second time round but, in some ways it's worse. At least the first time round every class had one spec which was in demand.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I got to do Molten Core for the first time this weekend. We made it up to Majordomo before people started dropping and we couldn't finish it. There's a core of a guild with a lot of PUG but looks like they are hoping to get a regular crew together to reduce the amount of random people. We had some terrible luck with people and the living bomb. I'm pretty sure one guy straight up trolled the group and just sat there.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
How are people dealing with the PvP situation at the moment? It's fucking terrible being alliance on my server right now. Even less popular flight paths like blasted lands I get one shot when I land. It is so out of control many people have given up making their way over to dungeons, and the horde is so dominant they've started knocking on our home city doors at this point. Hopefully battlegrounds will remedy it somewhat. Until then, every living moment is pain.

The only good thing keeping me afloat in this diarrhea shitstew is that I got Azuresong Mageblade on sunday.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
How are people dealing with the PvP situation at the moment? It's fucking terrible being alliance on my server right now. Even less popular flight paths like blasted lands I get one shot when I land. It is so out of control many people have given up making their way over to dungeons, and the horde is so dominant they've started knocking on our home city doors at this point. Hopefully battlegrounds will remedy it somewhat. Until then, every living moment is pain.

The only good thing keeping me afloat in this diarrhea shitstew is that I got Azuresong Mageblade on sunday.

Can't go it alone nowadays. Try to join groups and/or fight along side them when possible. I'm on Fairbanks which is Horde heavy but it's been fun jousting group v group. I've also been slowly leveling an alt when they have rest xp, can't kill me in the Barrens ya dig.

Personally, I've been farming hella furbolg Rep and have gotten super lucky. Just picked up a greater arcane potion recipe which is apparently worth 5-600g, stockade pauldrons which I sold for 70g and a frost protection potion recipe which I hope to get 50 for. Between those things and all the firewater and runecloth I've been selling I'm feeling pretty flush.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Can't go it alone nowadays. Try to join groups and/or fight along side them when possible. I'm on Fairbanks which is Horde heavy but it's been fun jousting group v group. I've also been slowly leveling an alt when they have rest xp, can't kill me in the Barrens ya dig.
Thing is, I'm 55 on my rogue alt where I have trouble doing something productive. Quests? Not a chance, not even in groups, we are outnumbered anyway. Dungeons? Better have an extra 30 minutes or so to make it into BRD. If i'm lucky enough the group is still intact by the time we're inside. We have started co-operating with another alliance guild for world bosses and we still lose. Tried to kill Azuregos last night and my Spy addon showed 145+ horde players.

Edit: Last night was the worst I've seen yet. The horde had made a line of players from Thorium Point all the way to the BRD entrance. Down the chains and everything. I wish I was joking, but I'm not. It is fucking terrible at the moment.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Man that sounds fucking horrible. I'm horde on an alliance dominated PvE EU realm and there's a LOAD of world PvP going on right now but fortunately I can sit back and ignore it most of the time - worst I have to deal with is the occasional dead flight master or quest giver.

But if I want to do some world PvP that can be arranged.