• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Any feral druids have tips on getting aggro and (particularly) rage at the start of a pull? Granted I'm still low (22) but going into fights in WC I would barely get a white hit off (then of course wait 2 seconds for the next attack) when all of the mobs are everywhere. There were definitely mistakes made (priest shielding me, mobs being attacked too soon and out of order etc - all of which I politely addressed with the group) but I feel like I could be doing something wrong.

Using enrage basically on cooldown (and waiting for it if it's nearly up before a fight) then charging in (if I can) and putting maul on the first target before moving to other targets. If there are 3 targets I'll work swipe in there (and bash if off of CD) and I'll put up demo roar for some AoE threat... but with little to no rage doing just one of those things is tricky. Was a frustrating run (cleared everything don't get me wrong and the group were fine) and I'd like to find a way to improve somehow before I go for it again.

Not that it should matter much yet but I'm speccing fully into feral - ferocity 5/5, thick hide and feral instinct both 3/5 (was going to max thick hide but decided to add some threat generation), feral charge and also now working on sharpened claws > primal fury for the crit/rage generation.

Some of the issue was definitely getting a lot of misses, dodges and parries on maul (I'm slightly over levelled for the instance so it's not like that should be an issue).

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is my enhancement Shaman so far

nnnm3R2.jpg

Still no Eye from Rag tho.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Any feral druids have tips on getting aggro and (particularly) rage at the start of a pull? Granted I'm still low (22) but going into fights in WC I would barely get a white hit off (then of course wait 2 seconds for the next attack) when all of the mobs are everywhere. There were definitely mistakes made (priest shielding me, mobs being attacked too soon and out of order etc - all of which I politely addressed with the group) but I feel like I could be doing something wrong.

Using enrage basically on cooldown (and waiting for it if it's nearly up before a fight) then charging in (if I can) and putting maul on the first target before moving to other targets. If there are 3 targets I'll work swipe in there (and bash if off of CD) and I'll put up demo roar for some AoE threat... but with little to no rage doing just one of those things is tricky. Was a frustrating run (cleared everything don't get me wrong and the group were fine) and I'd like to find a way to improve somehow before I go for it again.

Not that it should matter much yet but I'm speccing fully into feral - ferocity 5/5, thick hide and feral instinct both 3/5 (was going to max thick hide but decided to add some threat generation), feral charge and also now working on sharpened claws > primal fury for the crit/rage generation.

Some of the issue was definitely getting a lot of misses, dodges and parries on maul (I'm slightly over levelled for the instance so it's not like that should be an issue).
Might be worth you going into Resto a bit for furor and maybe improved enrage as those will help you with having a bit of rage at the start of the fight. Having more rage at the start of the fight should have the knock on effect you can keep aggro easier, and in turn should give you more rage.

With regards to misses, I'm not sure there's a massive amount you can do about it at your level. It's not until later levels gear starts to have hit% and Bear form doesn't use "weapon" skill or anything, it uses a fixed hidden stat for your level, so it's not like you can grind that.

Once you get faerie fire (feral) you can add that into the abilities you use - using it on cd, as even if the enemy already has it on, it does quite a bit of threat and doesn't cost rage.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
25% crit chance? Nice! I dunno the averages for Shammies (or rogues, for that matter) but that sounds high to me!

I am trying a PI build out. I wish the penultimate talent in Discipline affected all spells, it'd be phenomenal and I could make a critapriest.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Once you get faerie fire (feral) you can add that into the abilities you use
Yeah, getting this as early as possible (level 30 I think) is why I've focused initially on the feral tree only up to this point - being able to use that to pull from range without having to shift and lose rage I figured would be helpful. I was then going to go into resto for furor.

I haven't needed to respec yet though, so perhaps I can jump into furor now and respec at 30.

I read some guides and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I think a lot of the issue was that I simply wasn't getting hit enough... and that was definitely not entirely my fault.

Thanks for the input anyway, it was super-frustrating last night but I'm more circumspect about it this morning.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Wow we finally got a mageblade, thank god. 7th attempt. We're also moving to an EPGP system which should be nice albeit it is a bi confusing when reading up on it.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, getting this as early as possible (level 30 I think) is why I've focused initially on the feral tree only up to this point - being able to use that to pull from range without having to shift and lose rage I figured would be helpful. I was then going to go into resto for furor.

I haven't needed to respec yet though, so perhaps I can jump into furor now and respec at 30.

I read some guides and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I think a lot of the issue was that I simply wasn't getting hit enough... and that was definitely not entirely my fault.

Thanks for the input anyway, it was super-frustrating last night but I'm more circumspect about it this morning.

Sometimes I throw two HOTs on myself before pulling. It generates aggro and saves some healer mana.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Learned the dm east mage farm yesterday. Should've started this before, pretty good money especially with herbalism.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I throw two HOTs on myself before pulling. It generates aggro and saves some healer mana.
Yeah I've been getting into the habit of doing this too. Will get to try SFK and/or BFD over the weekend (assuming I can find some time) so I'll see if it's any better.

I did run RFC a couple of times prior to WC (when I had even less tools to play with) and that actually didn't go too badly.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat this geared out rogue who ganked me. Hit him for like 5 crits and he even stunned to heal up. I took a pot and executed him. Estimated honor points was like 260.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
We went farming for an Eye of Shadow. Got three in the space of about 10 mobs. That's nearly all our priests sorted.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Molten Core this weekend and the shaman who just dinged 60 got like three pieces of tier gear since he was the only resto shaman in the group. And some dude replaced his "requires level 35" belt with a BoE green that dropped. Fun run.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Molten Core this weekend and the shaman who just dinged 60 got like three pieces of tier gear since he was the only resto shaman in the group. And some dude replaced his "requires level 35" belt with a BoE green that dropped. Fun run.
One of our pugs replaced their SFK ring with a green BoE ring that dropped off the first trash pack in MC. And they've been on our raids for a few weeks now so it's not like they're a fresh 60 or anything.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any raiding tanks in this thread? This group sometimes asks me to offtank certain fights which is fine and I have a set of pre-raid tanking gear (serviceable I think) but I just don't do a great job of getting the people in the right place. Like we were doing Sulfuron Harbinger and I have to tank the priest to the LOS corner and I just couldn't get him to follow me as quick as they wanted. I think I'm starting off getting aggro wrong anyway. Usually in a five man I charge in to build rage but we are usually in combat before I can do as i am not the main tank. I'm wondering if I should shoot my assignment first to get aggro but then I still have to get over to it and get sunders on before the healers pull from healing the MT.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017

One of our members switched his main to his Paladin which hit 60 just before MC. He then got 5 items in one run, which is more than I have gotten in 7 full runs.

Not that I'm mad cause Priest tier 1 is trash but still amusing

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
One of our members switched his main to his Paladin which hit 60 just before MC. He then got 5 items in one run, which is more than I have gotten in 7 full runs.

Not that I'm mad cause Priest tier 1 is trash but still amusing

Don't talk to me about tier sets as a warrior who wants to do some damage...

I guess I kind of assumed there were tier sets for damage and tanking but I guess that's not the case in classic.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017

I convinced my mate to do MC on his level 58 druid alt last week since he would be the only druid in the raid. He became the raid mascot and got two parts Cenarion. He's gonna get fully kitted in no time given how few druids there are and how often Cenarion drops.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I convinced my mate to do MC on his level 58 druid alt last week since he would be the only druid in the raid. He became the raid mascot and got two parts Cenarion. He's gonna get fully kitted in no time given how few druids there are and how often Cenarion drops.

I'm just prayin for Flamguard Gauntlets and an Obsidian Edged Blade.

Also Warsong Gulch and Alterac are out this week, right?

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any raiding tanks in this thread? This group sometimes asks me to offtank certain fights which is fine and I have a set of pre-raid tanking gear (serviceable I think) but I just don't do a great job of getting the people in the right place. Like we were doing Sulfuron Harbinger and I have to tank the priest to the LOS corner and I just couldn't get him to follow me as quick as they wanted. I think I'm starting off getting aggro wrong anyway. Usually in a five man I charge in to build rage but we are usually in combat before I can do as i am not the main tank. I'm wondering if I should shoot my assignment first to get aggro but then I still have to get over to it and get sunders on before the healers pull from healing the MT.

Those are hard to pull over because they'll stop moving to cast. If you're moving away while they're doing stuff you can also easily lose aggro to dps.

Your guild should just AoE them down in a huge group. Your rogues should do literally nothing but auto attack and kick. What your guild is doing makes it much harder for no reason.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Those are hard to pull over because they'll stop moving to cast. If you're moving away while they're doing stuff you can also easily lose aggro to dps.

Your guild should just AoE them down in a huge group. Your rogues should do literally nothing but auto attack and kick. What your guild is doing makes it much harder for no reason.

That's what I felt like. We had a few DPS warriors and a lot of rogues. I'd say just assign each so we can just pummel/kick/shield bash them as necessary and just burn em down.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

This is one of the blessings and curses of being a Druid. You'll hit 6/8 Cenarion within two runs and probably get your two pieces of Stormrage gear as well. After that though, you are forever stuck in the Druid pain zone where every necklace, ring, trinket and weapon goes to someone else.

Back in the day, Druid's could fight against this by amassing DKP after the original two week thrust of negative DKP, but now with everyone using loot council, there's nothing you can do but just hang out. Things will improve dramatically when there are two raids worth of loot to access though, especially if you can bring an alt to both of those raids. But for the time being, a lot of Druid's are just hoping and praying for brighter days.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What should I expect from AV in Classic? Is it just going to be the two factions running past eachother to kill the leaders or an infinite tug of war between chokepoints?