• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017

All the other races are either too big, or have terrible animations.

I used to be ok with Male Undead, but they ruined the casting animations, so their dead to me.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I wear the most plain small armor I can find, with helm, cloak, and shoulder pads turned off.
Usually peasanty armor from vanilla/tbc.

Slackerish

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
What do you get with the level 110 boost armor ilvl wise?
I have no Alliance characters because I refuse to play anything other then Belf Female, but since Void Elfs exist I may as well try the Alliance.

Was going to do Void Elf priest, but I can't decide if I should boost a priest then race change when I unlock Void Elves, or boost something else, and then just level one, then I can have two Alliance characters at max.

Also, any Alliance server recommendations?

Oh maybe Boost a druid, then race change it to fat human for the druid forms.

You get ilvl 870 gear (green). From doing the Argus questing, I had a bunch of that ilvl 880 BOA gear that I then sent to the boosted character.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey
What do you get with the level 110 boost armor ilvl wise?
I have no Alliance characters because I refuse to play anything other then Belf Female, but since Void Elfs exist I may as well try the Alliance.

Was going to do Void Elf priest, but I can't decide if I should boost a priest then race change when I unlock Void Elves, or boost something else, and then just level one, then I can have two Alliance characters at max.

Also, any Alliance server recommendations?

Oh maybe Boost a druid, then race change it to fat human for the druid forms.

Void female belfs use bikinis, so its a win win

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, sorry to bother you, but just a quick question.

I played WoW during Vanilla, and my brother continued on the account into TBC. It's been such a long time since we played however that neither of our characters are on the armory. What is the cheapest way to get my guys back up and running? I literally just want to log into my character and run around a bit, but i'm guessing I would have to buy some expansions and sub time, which I simply can't justify as I don't plan on returning. Any help is appreciated.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017

I played WoW during Vanilla, and my brother continued on the account into TBC. It's been such a long time since we played however that neither of our characters are on the armory. What is the cheapest way to get my guys back up and running? I literally just want to log into my character and run around a bit, but i'm guessing I would have to buy some expansions and sub time, which I simply can't justify as I don't plan on returning. Any help is appreciated.

Ask Blizzard for some free time just contact their customer support and say you wanted to see how the game has changed they'll probably give you a day or if you're lucky even a week.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
When did low level dungeons become hard? I started leveling a Brewmaster Monk with a friend and I'm getting destroyed in dungeons even with full BoA's.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017

You don't have to buy anything if you still have the account. Also you got the expansions for free since then except Legion (will be included later tho). And yes as said above if you haven't played in a long time Blizzard customer support guys usually give you like 7 free days if you ask nicely.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
When did low level dungeons become hard? I started leveling a Brewmaster Monk with a friend and I'm getting destroyed in dungeons even with full BoA's.

That's part of the new and "improved" leveling process Blizzard decided since their sub numbers are down to squeeze the suckers that remain and make leveling as boring as possible to sell boosts ERR I MEAN they made leveling harder because they wanted us to learn our classes and make leveling fun again yay that's why it takes 80 hours played to hit 110 now instead of just 20 or 30 hours.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
That's somewhat normal, at least relative to other tanks. There are so few abilities now, and they're so spread out across the leveling process, that with the new leveling speed you can spend long periods of time with no real increase in your tanking ability. Don't even get a real tanking CD until 55 or something, no interrupt until 35 or something. They should front-load the learning of abilities more so people get a full toolkit sooner.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
That's somewhat normal, at least relative to other tanks. There are so few abilities now, and they're so spread out across the leveling process, that with the new leveling speed you can spend long periods of time with no real increase in your tanking ability. Don't even get a real tanking CD until 55 or something, no interrupt until 35 or something. They should front-load the learning of abilities more so people get a full toolkit sooner.

If they'd just give us our full rotations sooner that would fix my problems with the current leveling I don't mind it being slow but good god is it boring only have 5 or 6 abilities on your bar until like level 60 on the feral druid I'm leveling now I have like 6 or 7 skills at level 40 and it's dull as hell and I never get use to one of my abilities because by the time I've gotten all my bleeds stacked and gotten a drink of water while I wait for my energy bar to fill above 60 the mobs are dead.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhhhhh
I had a solid group for a +15 arcway run (MY KEY) we were making great time and after the spider boss (we went reverse order) our rogue D/C'ed and just never came back.
We ended up missing the dungeon timer by like 4 minutes which I'm convinced could've been made up by the extra dps :(

Oh well at least a +14 DHT isn't gonna be too bad to +1.

If they'd just give us our full rotations sooner that would fix my problems with the current leveling I don't mind it being slow but good god is it boring only have 5 or 6 abilities on your bar until like level 60

Even that doesn't particularly help every case, I am having such a hard time leveling my fire mage past 89 because I am sooo BORED of spamming fireball and hitting pyroblast when it lights up and using fire blast to give me crit procs. It's not even a bad rotation, I quite like the interactions between all of fire's skills and all the buffs and I don't even think complexity = fun because even simple things are fun (I think demonic havoc DH's rotation is a blast and that is literally just 3 buttons and 3 cool downs). The problem is that while you level your stats remain relatively the same, because the gear you get and enemies you fight are all scaling so what that means is that your buttons always feel the exact same. You don't get that crazy satisfaction you get from a high crit high haste rotation, or all the fun extra procs you get from your artifact weapon that just let you obliterate enemies.

I guess the TLDR of my rant is, it's not that you need your whole rotation it's that you never feel like your character is progressing at all in power while leveling. You hit 64, unlock 85% of your core buttons and then that is basically it for character progression until 100. You'll be doing the same thing until 100 where it will only change slightly (till you get a bunch of AP at 110) and it will FEEL mostly the same for the remainder of the leveling experience.

Last edited:

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Has blizzard commented on why Allied races have a rep grind anyway? Other then the usual disdain they have for anyone who would dare play their game.

Like what happens in the next expansion for people coming back or even new people who just skip all the legion content, are they gonna have to go and grind pointless dailies just to unlock some races?

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Has blizzard commented on why Allied races have a rep grind anyway? Other then the usual disdain they have for anyone who would dare play their game.

Like what happens in the next expansion for people coming back or even new people who just skip all the legion content, are they gonna have to go and grind pointless dailies just to unlock some races?
It's something for you to do in the game. They certainly hope people will go back and do a rep grind, as that keeps them subbed. It's kept a lot of people subbed in the pre-expansion lull, and they hope that will continue well into BfA I'm assuming.

Oct 25, 2017
It's kept a lot of people subbed in the pre-expansion lull
Right now it makes a good bit of sense but honestly I feel like towards the end of BfA (especially if BfA ends up being really successful and brings a lot of people back or new people) people are going to be reluctant to go back to grind out legion content for rep. If it's your first character it isn't a particularly quick grind either.

You gotta quest through all of argus, and clean out all of the WQ's for at least a week, you could speed it up with your order hall characters and doing the rep missions but that would require you to have done the order hall campaign, have leveled and geared up your order champs to the point that they get argus missions.

This is also assuming you have got the time to sit there and do the argus WQs as they spawn in the first place. If you just came back for BfA and used a 110 boost the rep grind to unlock the allied races could take a while, especially because you'll also have your new BfA chores to take care of. So really you could be looking at a months long grind if nothing changes and you're a player who skipped legion and plays a bit more casually.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Right now it makes a good bit of sense but honestly I feel like towards the end of BfA (especially if BfA ends up being really successful and brings a lot of people back or new people) people are going to be reluctant to go back to grind out legion content for rep. If it's your first character it isn't a particularly quick grind either.

You gotta quest through all of argus, and clean out all of the WQ's for at least a week, you could speed it up with your order hall characters and doing the rep missions but that would require you to have done the order hall campaign, have leveled and geared up your order champs to the point that they get argus missions.

This is also assuming you have got the time to sit there and do the argus WQs as they spawn in the first place. If you just came back for BfA and used a 110 boost the rep grind to unlock the allied races could take a while, especially because you'll also have your new BfA chores to take care of. So really you could be looking at a months long grind if nothing changes and you're a player who skipped legion and plays a bit more casually.

I know it takes a long time. They designed it that way. I'm guessing it's going to remain pretty desirable because player races are a big draw, and elves in particular are a big draw to people.

It just remains to be seen if people will keep doing it, or if the frustration would turn them off. Blizzard's business intelligence people are some of the best in the industry, and I'd bet on them nailing this pretty close, whatever adjustments they make.

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard's business intelligence people are some of the best in the industry, and I'd bet on them nailing this pretty close, whatever adjustments they make.
Yeah that's my thinking too, blizzard will probably look at the stats and if people aren't playing the new races at the numbers they expected then they'll probably look into it and figure out a way to do it better. But if the numbers look right then nothing will change I figure.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They have rep grinds because you're meant to experience the story of those races before they unlock. Of course the rep grind part of it really only makes sense for Nightborne in that sense though.

It's just so you have something to do. 100% chance they make the grind really easy after legion si done.

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017

I went back to my brewmaster alt recently at around level 50 and he just sucks for tanking. Takes so much damage compared to my warrior alt, just gonna do some dungeoning as mistweaver.

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently I didn't finish the requirements for nightborne. Not that I am exactly clamoring to start a new character, I think I am going to eventually do a nightborne warlock.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
So I just switched my Monk from Brewmaster to Windwalker and for some reason the DK ground mount and Rogue poisons are on my bars...

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Playing some WoW again now with a few people from my EVE corp and some of their friends/siblings/etc. Alliance (I'm on Sargeras). Used my banked 110 boost on a Void Elf Monk. I would've probably tried to level something, but the other people had 110s already and I wasn't about to drop $55 on a transfer for a project that might be more fleeting.

So I don't have the heritage armor, but I can level something else eventually I suppose. Just doing the Argus stuff over again for the umpteenth time is kinda painful - I don't know if I actually would've made it from 20 (for an allied race) to 110 right now, with the current slowed leveling speed. I think someone said it was like 80 hours /played now, even with heirlooms? That sound about right?

I mean, I imagine I'll level something new eventually, but yeah, it doesn't particularly appeal right now.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Playing some WoW again now with a few people from my EVE corp and some of their friends/siblings/etc. Alliance (I'm on Sargeras). Used my banked 110 boost on a Void Elf Monk. I would've probably tried to level something, but the other people had 110s already and I wasn't about to drop $55 on a transfer for a project that might be more fleeting.

So I don't have the heritage armor, but I can level something else eventually I suppose. Just doing the Argus stuff over again for the umpteenth time is kinda painful - I don't know if I actually would've made it from 20 (for an allied race) to 110 right now, with the current slowed leveling speed. I think someone said it was like 80 hours /played now, even with heirlooms? That sound about right?

I mean, I imagine I'll level something new eventually, but yeah, it doesn't particularly appeal right now.

It took me 3 days and ten hours to go from 20-110 and I'm ocd as hell about timing myself if I get a drink or go to the bathroom I log out I never afk in game when I'm trying to level something because I like to see how fast I can level.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Oh you can solo it no problem at 71 or 72? Well damn I wish I had known that sooner.
Yes. You probably will have to go one pack at a time though until you get a few levels on you. It's still fast, so that's fine. But you won't be able to just run through and spam Holy Nova/WW/Arcane Explosion/whatever and have everything drop dead around you until you get up to 75-76ish.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah there is a cave in the timeless isle that has a chair and a campfire. You sit in the chair, click on the fire and you appear in gorgrond and I believe all the quests up to that point become flagged as auto complete.

That is so cool I've done that intro quest so many times I have almost all the quest text memorized this will help alot in BFA when I'm leveling more subraces.

Oct 25, 2017
I never knew you could skip the WOD intro, but not sure if I actually should since it seems like easy xp. My warrior is almost at WOD, not sure if I should skip it or not but if I am not in the mood I might.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I never knew you could skip the WOD intro, but not sure if I actually should since it seems like easy xp. My warrior is almost at WOD, not sure if I should skip it or not but if I am not in the mood I might.
If all you're interested in is leveling speed, it's probably faster to skip the intro so you can get your garrison up ASAP. Then you can buy exp potions with Garrison Resources and start flying around and collecting treasures/doing bonus objectives.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Though don't you need to be 91 to buy that exp potion? In which case the intro might be a good idea. It's not too long and gives like half a level.

Status
Not open for further replies.