• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I swear Blizzard knows I sold my WOTLK beta key for like 150 bucks back in the day when I get in on the first wave I haven't gotten into a single beta since then but my friend who isn't even registered for beta access got in today.
Lol, I haven't gotten any beta or alpha invite since I was invited to the HOTS technical alpha but refused to install it or play it. I feel like blizzard is still resentful I didn't participate in it. Before that I got into everything, Cata alpha, Starcraft 2 beta, MoP beta, diablo 3 beta.

Ever since then? Nothing.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Back in Vanilla, they had quests for the Forsaken in the Plaugelands to kill high elves and then in the Hinterlands the forest trolls had you killing even more High Elves so didn't that wipe out a bunch of the surviving high elves? I'm not positive but I think those two quests are mentioned as killing a good chunk of the surviving high elves but I might be mixing that up if anyone levels through the Hinterlands as an Alliance character I'm pretty sure they mention the Forest Trolls wiping out a lot the of surviving high elves.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
What's done is done.
Getting High Elves now after we got sparkly Elves is a pointless waste of resources.
Enjoy your sparkly hair and give up.

We need to start getting weirder with this shit, not just more elves.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
What's done is done.
Getting High Elves now after we got sparkly Elves is a pointless waste of resources.
Enjoy your sparkly hair and give up.

We need to start getting weirder with this shit, not just more elves.

I want those snake people so bad I dunno how old helmets would work on them though so we probably won't get them not that I'll play anything except Zalandari when I can anyway.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Am I missing something with how PvE server works?

I was on my 34 priest in Desolace questing with PvP disabled. There's other horde running around that's blue to me as well. Then all of a sudden a mage killed me. :/

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
If we're just putting exact copies of opposite faction races on the other faction, let's get Dark Irons and humans for the Horde

Future Horde races:
Defias Brotherhood
Night elf Worgen
Leper Gnomes who aren't lepers anymore but join the Horde because reasons
Darker Iron Dwarves
Eredar

Future Alliance races:
High Elves
High Orcs
High Trolls
High Undead
High Tauren

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Another race I want is half ogre half orc like Rexxar god that would be so cool but it's not an elf or a cute little fox so we won't ever get it.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I want Dragonkin, Ethereals, Naga, uncorrupted bird people, non shitty Worgens, Hozen, steroid statue men, those fish guys I killed in MoP that may have been the alliance version of Hozen but I'm not sure, giant viking waifus.

Just basically do everything except High Elves, there just simply isn't enough of them.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Man fuck. Ethereals are the race I've wanted more than any other for ages. Seeing the new models for Argus patch not translate to them being playable in the following expansion was big old sad times.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly what I was going to post. Not sure if lore-wise there's like enough of them out there to be a playable race, but that would be awesome.

They could always say a bunch of them showed up on alt dreanor but the wiki says there's only 200 of them on Azeroth and I think there's only like 1k high elves so we'll never get them.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I was going to post. Not sure if lore-wise there's like enough of them out there to be a playable race, but that would be awesome.

Mok'Nathal population is pretty tricky. Even during BC there was pretty much just that one small village, and I believe that, lore-wise, Outland has been degrading over the years so things are only getting worse.
On the AU Draenor front I don't even know if they exist.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Void elves prove that population isn't worth a damn when considering allied races

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Look I know I said we already had too many Elves like an hour ago, but Undead High Elves for Horde would be totally fine.
As long as we get a proper Dark Ranger class/spec with it.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
They could always say a bunch of them showed up on alt dreanor but the wiki says there's only 200 of them on Azeroth and I think there's only like 1k high elves so we'll never get them.

Mok'Nathal population is pretty tricky. Even during BC there was pretty much just that one small village, and I believe that, lore-wise, Outland has been degrading over the years so things are only getting worse.
On the AU Draenor front I don't even know if they exist.
Hmm, probably a long shot then.

Jinyu is another one I'd like for alliance. Though maybe a bit too obscure to warrant the effort from Blizz.

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'll probably get denied this request, but I submitted a ticket asking for a free race change because they're changing blood elf racial. I mean, I just leveled up a rogue blood elf for that specific racial trait. I know it'll not likely be given to me, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Syntax

Oct 31, 2017
Elves are the most played races in Warcraft, no?

The only reason to not introduce more playable elf variants is if someone in charge at Blizzard has a hate boner for them and they're happy with sub numbers.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Elves are the most played races in Warcraft, no?

The only reason to not introduce more playable elf variants is if someone in charge at Blizzard has a hate boner for them and they're happy with sub numbers.
Not factoring in allied races, Belf / Nelf / Human make up about half the max level characters. The other 10 races share the rest.

In a year or so Velf and Nightborne will have enough time to join them at the top. Anecdotally, you can already see the effects of it in-game. Lots of max level Nightborne and Velfs running around and a handful of HM and LF.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
I think High Elves are just an inevitability at this point.

I do hope they continue to create/add races regardless of how popular they will be, otherwise we'll never see anything other than more elves and humans. Void Elves have been available for a few months and they're already a more common sight than some races that have been in since the game launched.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Not factoring in allied races, Belf / Nelf / Human make up about half the max level characters. The other 10 races share the rest.

In a year or so Velf and Nightborne will have enough time to join them at the top. Anecdotally, you can already see the effects of it in-game. Lots of max level Nightborne and Velfs running around and a handful of HM and LF.

Well Elves are super popular, it doesn't really help that LF and HM are just really fucking boring.
The rest of the Allied races coming are a lot more interesting, ok maybe not the other lamo Orcs, and the foxes are a little creepy.
But Dark Iron, fat human, and Zandalari are pretty cool yo.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Well Elves are super popular, it doesn't really help that LF and HM are just really fucking boring.
The rest of the Allied races coming are a lot more interesting, ok maybe not the other lamo Orcs, and the foxes are a little creepy.
But Dark Iron, fat human, and Zandalari are pretty cool yo.

I'm still dying at your "no more elves" and then a couple hours late "actually more elves for me pls."

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
They just added two new elf races and an entire class that is exclusive to elves, more elves is the last thing I want to see from upcoming allied races.

Oct 25, 2017
Since we have too many elves and humans, let's add half elves. You get to choose the exact heritage, what parent was human and which human race and which parent was elf and which elf race.

Problem solved.

Syntax

Oct 31, 2017

In a year or so Velf and Nightborne will have enough time to join them at the top.

That human diplomacy racial is really nice. But I agree that the new Elves on the block will take their place at the top soon enough; once the unlock restrictions are eased and BfA goes live.

I think High Elves are just an inevitability at this point.

I hope so. My only concern is that if we don't see them as an Allied Race during BfA, I don't know when a more appropriate opportunity will arrive.

Of course, they could always add in High Elves as a new playable race on Alliance, not an Allied Race. That way it's accessible to everyone without any requirements and wouldn't be so dependent on context to become unlockable.

They just added two new elf races and an entire class that is exclusive to elves, more elves is the last thing I want to see from upcoming allied races.

Since we have too many elves and humans, let's add half elves. You get to choose the exact heritage, what parent was human and which human race and which parent was elf and which elf race.

Problem solved.

Just give every race a pointy ear and glowing eye option. Problem truly solved.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
My wishwashy nature on Elves not withstanding, Void Elves being a thing is Blizzard basically saying no to High Elves forever.
And the thought of High Elves being a proper race is even sillier.

Syntax

Oct 31, 2017
My wishwashy nature on Elves not withstanding, Void Elves being a thing is Blizzard basically saying no to High Elves forever.
And the thought of High Elves being a proper race is even sillier.
Void Elves are Blizzard stupidly twisting themselves into a pretzel because they didn't think to change anything between Blood Elves and High Elves other than eye color when trying to make them playable.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know.... female void elves look pretty awesome the more I use one.

They're not bad, but I'm kinda wishing I made my new boosted monk a Draenei instead at this point. The shiny newness of Void Elves drew me away though.

One thing about Draenei monks is that they're the only leather-wearing class for the race, so that woulda been cool.

I might switch later on if I continue with the character more seriously, but I'm not about to drop $25 right now on a whim.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
They're not bad, but I'm kinda wishing I made my new boosted monk a Draenei instead at this point. The shiny newness of Void Elves drew me away though.

One thing about Draenei monks is that they're the only leather-wearing class for the race, so that woulda been cool.

I might switch later on if I continue with the character more seriously, but I'm not about to drop $25 right now on a whim.
I tried to make Draenei monk work in my search to find a Draenei class combo that would make playing a Draenei feel like anything other than total ass. The bendy monk animations didn't play well with their goat legs, IMO.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017

Plus they have hooves, getting kicked in the face by a hoove probably sucks.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Void Elves are Blizzard stupidly twisting themselves into a pretzel because they didn't think to change anything between Blood Elves and High Elves other than eye color when trying to make them playable.

When they made them playable there was even less distinction between them than there is now. The Warcraft 3 Kael'Thas campaign ended with the entire High Elf nation/civilzation re-inventing itself as Blood Elves. Then in vanilla WoW they decided to keep a handful of token High Elf NPC's around for god knows why, and that was a terrible decision because now it's over a decade later and people still can't get over the fact that the "normal" elf race is on the Horde instead of Alliance. It would have been so much better if they nipped this nonsense in the bud at the start and actually had the entirety of High Elves become Blood Elves except for Sylvanas' dumb sisters, because all Windrunners are idiots. This whole "well actually there are random holdouts here and there that forsook their entire race for reasons and also were able to avoid their races magic addiction" stuff has always been a mess.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to make Draenei monk work in my search to find a Draenei class combo that would make playing a Draenei feel like anything other than total ass. The bendy monk animations didn't play well with their goat legs, IMO.

Hmmm. We're still talking goat ladies right? Cause male Draenei mostly suck. (I'll never get forgive them randomly giving one I had started to level a shitty goatee with one patch due to some change.)

Maybe I should just do a class trial of one to see how the animations are before I'd commit.

I'm not sure how I like Draenei for other class animations though. I've done a bit of a Mage on one, had a DK at 100 that wasn't bad. Dunno about the rest. Animations can be really make or break though, and it can be hard to realize what you like without sitting down and actually playing for awhile - it's not something you can get off the character screen alone.

Plus they have hooves, getting kicked in the face by a hoove probably sucks.

Right?! Those hooves probably pack a punch.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. We're still talking goat ladies right? Cause male Draenei mostly suck. (I'll never get forgive them randomly giving one I had started to level a shitty goatee with one patch due to some change.)

Maybe I should just do a class trial of one to see how the animations are before I'd commit.

I'm not sure how I like Draenei for other class animations though. I've done a bit of a Mage on one, had a DK at 100 that wasn't bad. Dunno about the rest. Animations can be really make or break though, and it can be hard to realize what you like without sitting down and actually playing for awhile - it's not something you can get off the character screen alone.

Right?! Those hooves probably pack a punch.

Feeling very insecure now that I've given the impression I would ever consider making a male Draenei.

Where did I go wrong in life.

Syntax

Oct 31, 2017
When they made them playable there was even less distinction between them than there is now. The Warcraft 3 Kael'Thas campaign ended with the entire High Elf nation/civilzation re-inventing itself as Blood Elves. Then in vanilla WoW they decided to keep a handful of token High Elf NPC's around for god knows why, and that was a terrible decision because now it's over a decade later and people still can't get over the fact that the "normal" elf race is on the Horde instead of Alliance. It would have been so much better if they nipped this nonsense in the bud at the start and actually had the entirety of High Elves become Blood Elves except for Sylvanas' dumb sisters, because all Windrunners are idiots. This whole "well actually there are random holdouts here and there that forsook their entire race for reasons and also were able to avoid their races magic addiction" stuff has always been a mess.

If High Elves no longer existed in Warcraft lore, then less people would probably want to play as them. You're right about that.

But that's not the case and their population now is certainly comparable to allow them to be playable.

I've seen basically two arguments against including High Elves:
  • They are on the Horde. Hello, Blood Elves!
  • They're too similar to Blood Elves.
The first one is wrong. The Blood Elves are former-High Elves. The second point is the more compelling but still wouldn't rule them out; especially if people consider that High Elves could have different non-overlapping customization options to Blood Elves.

Dunno if you watched the video a few pages ago, but I think it does a nice job describing the situation.

Feeling very insecure now that I've given the impression I would ever consider making a male Draenei.

Where did I go wrong in life.

Male Draenei aren't so bad. But I always feel like they skimp on leg day.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
especially if people consider that High Elves could have different non-overlapping customization options to Blood Elves.
The problem is you probably wouldn't even be able to see them most of the time (due to being hidden under armor) *and* that it makes no sense lore-wise for them to have drastically different customization options. They're the same people, just with different color eyes and different political affiliations.

Syntax

Oct 31, 2017
The problem is you probably wouldn't even be able to see them most of the time (due to being hidden under armor) *and* that it makes no sense lore-wise for them to have drastically different customization options. They're the same people, just with different color eyes and different political affiliations.

Void Elves and Blood Elves are easy to tell apart in full armor?

And of course you could give them different options. Allied Races are just different customization options (and racials) for existing races. The most different to the default being the Zandalari and Kul'Tiran.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Void Elves and Blood Elves are easy to tell apart in full armor?

And of course you could give them different options. Allied Races are just different customization options (and racials) for existing races. The most different to the default being the Zandalari and Kul'Tiran.
Void Elves glow purple

Status
Not open for further replies.