• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like a spear class that doesn't use a pet.

I actually like how BfA survival is leaning into pet aspects a bit more. I think it gives the spec a little more thematic focus and consistency while still being very different from the actual Beast Mastery spec. I am looking forward to the potential of being a Zandalari melee hunter with a stable full of dinosaur pets.

And related to what lazygecko said, if Zandalari get paladin that will have a lot of cool spear transmog options.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Similar to druid, I've never played a Paladin becuase I don't like any of the races

Blizzard could have fixed this
Zandalari_Prelate.jpg

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Could have? I still think it's pretty likely we end up with Zandalari Paladins.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious imo that we're getting Zandalari Paladins at some point in this expansion.

Speaking of, and I'm sure we have this discussion frequently, but I wonder what new classes we'll get at some point down the road. There's no way they're going to just be "done" because otherwise the game will get stale especially with allied races being a thing now. People will want new classes. I still hold hope for a tinker/mechromancer kind of class and I'd love a bard or something but I don't know how feasible that is. What would you guys want to see? And do you think it's possible while fitting in with the lore we have (that they can obviously change whenever they want)

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Could have? I still think it's pretty likely we end up with Zandalari Paladins.
I think so too but I also thought we'd have new Goblin and Worgen models by now
Yeah, it's pretty obvious imo that we're getting Zandalari Paladins at some point in this expansion.

Speaking of, and I'm sure we have this discussion frequently, but I wonder what new classes we'll get at some point down the road. There's no way they're going to just be "done" because otherwise the game will get stale especially with allied races being a thing now. People will want new classes. I still hold hope for a tinker/mechromancer kind of class and I'd love a bard or something but I don't know how feasible that is. What would you guys want to see? And do you think it's possible while fitting in with the lore we have (that they can obviously change whenever they want)
I absolutely think we'll get a tinkerer next. Tinkerer makes sense for a new mail class since there's only two. That class would lend itself well to a tank spec, ranged dps spec, and a healer spec. And we don't need any more melee dps.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Tinker and some sort of pet-less dark ranger/shadow hunter are pretty much the only two things left that people have been wanting for years, and I don't really know how likely I think either of those are. They both have some sort of precedent in both Warcraft 3 and existing WoW characters, but that's no guarantee. It seems like a lot of potential dark ranger/shadow hunter abilities have already been worked into Hunters, and engineering as a tradeskill would feel strange if a whole class existed that was basically engineering on steroids. And conversely, the asian-styled monk had pretty much no pre-existing context before Pandaria, so something totally different could end up happening.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone liquidating gold into tokens now? With NA token prices in the 203-206k range (sorry EU), it seems like a good time to buy. I have about 3M liquid gold left and about $170 in Blizz Bucks from tokens. Wondering if I should dump most of my gold now. I keep regretting not buying tokens when they were still under 6 figures.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone liquidating gold into tokens now? With NA token prices in the 203-206k range (sorry EU), it seems like a good time to buy. I have about 3M liquid gold left and about $170 in Blizz Bucks from tokens. Wondering if I should dump most of my gold now. I keep regretting not buying tokens when they were still under 6 figures.

I'm curious to see how the 5mil bronto mount effects token prices. There's the possibility that gold will become more valuable relative to tokens, pushing token prices down. There probably won't be much of an effect though, as you have the competing factor of an uptick in sub demand when BfA launches likely to cancel that out.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I absolutely think we'll get a tinkerer next. Tinkerer makes sense for a new mail class since there's only two. That class would lend itself well to a tank spec, ranged dps spec, and a healer spec. And we don't need any more melee dps.

I would love this as well. I think this is EXACLTY what I want from the class, though, as I envision it, the tank spec would just be a gnome/goblin in a mech. That's what I want more than anything.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish there were some appropriate spear animations. They've always used the staff melee animations, which lools terrible on some races like male blood elves.

I wish RPGs in general had a more varied arsenal than the blade/mace/axe trinity. I think things really started regressing here once we moved to 3D and had higher requirements for animation work.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably between hunter and DK for BFA. I thought about rogue too but eh. It's been so long since I've played a rogue.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Mid-expansion, 100 percent.

I don't think they will bother launching Zandalari as playable without paladins only to make paladin available a patch or two later. I think it's more likely that a significant part of the questline to unlock Zandalari in 8.1/8.2 involves helping the Prelates of Rezan either find a new way to channel similar light-fueled powers, or them recovering their specific variety of loa-paladin powers through other means. Maybe a new T-rex loa to take Rezan's place is "promoted" or something.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will bother launching Zandalari as playable without paladins only to make paladin available a patch or two later. I think it's more likely that a significant part of the questline to unlock Zandalari in 8.1/8.2 involves helping the Prelates of Rezan either find a new way to channel similar light-fueled powers, or them recovering their specific variety of loa-paladin powers through other means. Maybe a new T-rex loa to take Rezan's place is "promoted" or something.

Once the questline about the Rezan loa being stripped away hit, it was pretty much a given that some part of a later patch storyline would be regaining those powers through some means. And the assumption that they'd give players Zandadins at that point feels logical.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Once the questline about the Rezan loa being stripped away hit, it was pretty much a given that some part of a later patch storyline would be regaining those powers through some means. And the assumption that they'd give players Zandadins at that point feels logical.

Right, I guess we are just nitpicking the exact placement of that later patch point. Since Zandys and KT aren't coming at launch anyway, I'm working under the assumption that the questline that does fully unlock them as playable (whether that is 8.1 or 8.2) will contain all the lore justifications for their complete class selection, rather than any additional/supplemental stuff after the fact.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the main thing stopping me from Hunter is I have the most interest in survival despite being a little burnt out on melee. But why would you ever want survival over MM or BM? They got rid of their trap utility and I don't know if there's any utility from them in BFA. and also 'no path available' is a real pain in my ass

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
NO MORE NEW MELEE CLASSES FFS.

Even as a melee player primarily.

Need some new hot ranged thing.

Related, still trying to decide what class I want to play as at least an initial main in BfA. It's a tough choice. I really should head onto the beta more to try things out.

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of adding another new class I'd like to see everyone get a new spec besides Druid because fuck 'em they already got it. They can re-re-re-rework feral.

Mage - Time healing
Shaman - Cover yourself in Earth tanking
Warlock - Ranged/Cloth Tanking. I thought they would go this way with old Demonology but then Demon Hunters stole it
Hunter - Pet tanking, make it like a good survival where you and your pet work together as one
Monk - DBZ ki blast ranged dps
Demon Hunter - Boomerang glaives and eye lazers ranged dps
Paladin - Make shockadin an actual spec
Warrior - Melee healing via yelling and encouraging shouts?
Rogue - Dodge tanking
Death Knight - Vampiric healer, takes/deals damage and redistributes it as health
Priest - I have no idea because Discipline is already like two specs in one

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
NO MORE NEW MELEE CLASSES FFS.

Even as a melee player primarily.

Need some new hot ranged thing.

There's always room for more types of classes even if they're not the first ones on the list. We need more ranged for sure but there will obviously be something down the road.

Blademasters when

Also Wardens

oh god, I'd love to play a Warden class and I hadn't thought of that. I assume they'd make them Night Elf and Nightborne if they happened. Though I grouped with a NB Female yesterday and their melee voices were driving me insane, lol.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
The legacy loot change is supposed to be on the prepatch, right?

seems wasteful to try to grind old transmog rn

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I just thought of what would happen if we got new classes that entered into Legion content. I guess they'd just put in regular weapons as rewards for them or have you use heirlooms if you had access to them? The whole thing seems weird to me now since there's no way they're gonna add new order halls, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
By melee/ranged hybrid do you mean how shaman has ele or enhance, or a single spec that does both?

Not different specs. Like a knife thrower at ranged sets up for close ranged bursts. They love point building stuff, so the ranged abilities could build points for the close ranged abilities to use. The different specs could stress different ranges and positioning.

Oct 25, 2017
kinda what new survival and outlaw rogue do

Not like those 2 specs, talking about a class that'll do both ranged and melee in the same fight. Not just 1 or 2 ranged abilities that sit alongside a host of melee abilities.

I just thought of what would happen if we got new classes that entered into Legion content. I guess they'd just put in regular weapons as rewards for them or have you use heirlooms if you had access to them? The whole thing seems weird to me now since there's no way they're gonna add new order halls, etc.

Don't really need an order hall or artifact to pass through the content. I think that is how they might approach it. I guess they can just provide you with a weapon to use, maybe crafted.

Last edited:

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Not different specs. Like a knife thrower at ranged sets up for close ranged bursts. They love point building stuff, so the ranged abilities could build points for the close ranged abilities to use. The different specs could stress different ranges and positioning.
Would be a nightmare for raid design, since they create boss abilities that specifically target ranged or melee.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see how the 5mil bronto mount effects token prices. There's the possibility that gold will become more valuable relative to tokens, pushing token prices down. There probably won't be much of an effect though, as you have the competing factor of an uptick in sub demand when BfA launches likely to cancel that out.
I think the most important factor: Inflation will always exist, and expansions always exacerbate it.

Liquidating is always worth it if you think the value of a token will go up at least 25% during the expansion - I think it will. Tokens almost quadrupled from the end of Warlords to now, for example.

EDIT: I forgot you couldn't get bnet balance back then, which is probably a reasonable amount of the inflation on tokens. Still 25% is a low bar, I'll eat my hat if tokens don't go up by at least 50% over the course of BFA.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017

Short term, there's a decent chance token prices go down a bit at BfA launch, as they did with Legion. It took about 1.5 to 2 months for the token price to go back up to Legion launch levels (and then of course kept going up due to inflation and then exploded with the bnet balance option).

Long term the only question is how quickly the price goes up. It's a forgone conclusion that it will continue to rise.

EDIT: I forgot you couldn't get bnet balance back then, which is probably a reasonable amount of the inflation on tokens. Still 25% is a low bar, I'll eat my hat if tokens don't go up by at least 50% over the course of BFA.

Yeah, 50 percent easily. And much, much more if Activision continues to expand what they offer through the bnet client like most people think they will.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Lucid Nightmare get! The final maze part was a pain in the ass, but worth it.
(can't take a clean looking screenshot for some reason, lol)

28hpk4p.jpg

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I care insomuch as I don't want that shit on my launcher and the big orange |||| is already bad enough.

At least on Steam I don't have my library full of shit I don't want or own.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
random thoughts from the beta, from messing around for about 2 hours. Nothing that everyone already doesnt know but still, let me share :p

- So I tried 3 specs (notice I say specs and not classes, reminds me of a recent Preacher video, and he's right, I am one of those people that plays specs, not classes... then again Im not a raider)

- Let's get the disapointment out of the way first, Resto Druid is exactly the same as live. What the fuck? I think I only saw one new talent, but it felt exactly the same. I guess some classes will only feel different with the whole azurite egar stuff, or is it just a case that some classes just wont feel different at all?

- Beast Mastery Hunter feels about the same. I like the new dot skill, and how it interacts with the pet. I do NOT like that having 2 pets is a talent and not baseline, because A) it might end up not being optimal and that sucks for the fantasy, and B) I have to sacrifice Dire Beast and I liked Dire Beast (aka I liked to see more pets out there)
- The interaction between Cobra Shot, that Bleed thing, Kill Command and Wrath is cool, lots of CDR going on, feels mroe active than Legion BM, even if its still a very simple spec. I would probably play this again if not for...

- Demonology Warlock... welp, this is everything people said it was. As a massive pet fanboy, I am of course very happy. Although im not exactly sure what the rotation / priorities are supposed to be. Clearly you want to have the dreadstalkers up on cd like before, filler with SB unless your demonbolt thing procs I guess (because otherwise dat casttime is a killer), Vilefiend on cd if you picked it, and Tyrant on cd with as many pets out. Oh and Doom if you pick it. Its Hand of Guldan that is confusing. You want to summon 3 imps obviously, but is there a limit to the imps? how do we know how long they last? are you supposed to always be casting HoG to dump shards and always be getting more imps unless Dreadstalkers is off cd?
- Oh and I dont think I like that portal talent, you would think I since its a "more pets" thing, but its a long cd and im not sure how fast u can get shards and dump them to get demons to pop. Im probably wrong tho.
- Speaking of weird skills, so your new AoE kills your imps, isnt that super counterproductive?
- Oh forgot one, putting the axe toss on command demon isntead of the whirlwind thing is fantastic and about time.

Fantasy wise it looks fantastic, but so did Legion's Demo. The feel of it im not sure yet, it already feels better than Legion at least.

-What else... Azurite Gear with talents is very strange, I guess I need to read up mroe about it or just experience it more. They really like those "talents tied with gear" thing they started in Legion huh?
- So 2 continents, 3 zones each, as opposed to 1 new continent with 5 zones (well 4 zones to level I guess). I imagine this mean for the first time, the entirety of the leveling experience / story is completely different and seperate for Horde and Alliance? Im not sure how I feel about that to be quite honest.
- Zandalar looks awesome, im a big fan of jungle settings tho. Zandalar Trolls look amazing.
- More story scenarios, big fan of those, makes it feel more like a single player game. I know many hate them, sorry :p

That's about it for now. Not sure if ill check many more classes, I dont think I would play anything else besides a Demo Lock anyway, and the posse I rolled with in Legion for Mythics and a bit of Raiding are changing up their roles a bit for BFA, so its best to go dps this time around and not healer as usual. Did any other class or spec change as much as Demo? That resto druid stuff was really disapointing tbh.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
You take the Warcraft III heroes list and we've gotten everything people were begging for from there. Any other hero on that list could be implemented using professions or current classes with some tweaks. Maybe break the three-spec model and introduce some real sub-classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.