• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I had read you can easily cap with just 2 zones (or even less) and it seems true, I really dont like that :/
Agreed, wish leveling took longer, but understand it's complicated especially now that everyone levels so many alts. I was showing my kids videos of Ogrimmar raids from vanilla and it was somehow exciting to see people non-capped in the raids, knowing that it took actual time to grind out those last few levels in Eastern Plaguelands, etc.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
indeed.

man Demo feels amazing, if they somehow fuck it up before BFA goes live it will be the biggest bummer ever. The flow is amazing, it looks great fantasty wise, damage seems nice (apparently it was nerfed recently). This is what ive been rolling with for now while leveling and fucking around:

43qL3bW.png

15 - Dreadlash just for the small dps bump, but mostly because I dont like the other two talents.Demonic Strenght seems like a way long cd for just a extra slash from your felguard, and bilescourge bombers I just dont like, 2 shards for not alot of dmg and its awkward to use in a rotation.

30 - Doom is mostly useless for world content since most stuff dies under 30secs anyway. I thought I would like Demonic Calling at first, but then when I used it, the Stalkers were on cd every time it procced, so you end up wasting alot of procs, doesnt seem worth it. Especially when Power Siphon is so good and sinergizes with other talents like Inner Demons or Sacrificed Souls. You basically trade 2 imps for 4 shards (2 shards per demonbolt cast), so you can still get your imps back (3 in fact with a full HoG) so you get more imps, more shards than you trade with, and you sneak in some burst dps from demonbolts. Really like this one.

45 - Demon Skin because im lazy in world content and dont want more buttons.

60 - So I'm split between Soul Strike and Summon Vilefiend. Fantasy wise, its Vilefiend no questions asked, it looks rgeat, is another pet out there for the visuals. But I actually really like Soul Strike, short cd, generates a shard so its even easier to have full shards for constant HoG and Dreadstalkers. Its just a shame that visually you basically press a button and dont see anything happen, since its a felguard ability. I actually just noticed it also sinergizes with Nether Portal which im not using atm hmm.

75 - Circle because, well whatever it doesnt matter for world content tbh.

90 - Inner Demons all the way. More imps and random demons procs for the fantasy side, but also it means you have imps ready for power siphon right at the start of a fight. soul Conduit is a boring passive proc, and Felguard Grimoire is a long cd.

100 - Sacrificed Souls for the dps boost only because I feel that Nether Portal is super awkward to use. It costs 3 shards it self, so most of the time you have to build your shards back up so youre already losing some seconds there. Granted like I said I haevnt used it in conjuction with Soul Strike so that helps, and I love the idea of the spell fantasy wise. Also its a 3min cd and I hate long cooldowns :/

anyway im super happy with the spec and legit excited to play it for realsies. Oh and xp gains seems super high, im almost 111 and I barely started Zandalar. I had read you can easily cap with just 2 zones (or even less) and it seems true, I really dont like that :/

Agree about Nether Portal but it is just the coolest spell ever though.

Also, I am so so so happy that Infernals and Doomguards aren't permanent pets anymore. It was pretty dumb seeing every Warlock with an infernal running around.

I wonder if XP gains are buffed for the beta to get people to max level for testing faster.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Agree about Nether Portal but it is just the coolest spell ever though.

Also, I am so so so happy that Infernals and Doomguards aren't permanent pets anymore. It was pretty dumb seeing every Warlock with an infernal running around.

I wonder if XP gains are buffed for the beta to get people to max level for testing faster.

It IS the coolest spell, and when its live, ill probably end up using it just for the fantasy lol. what DID happen to the Doomguard? I know Destruction gets the Infernal now, is the doomguard just...gone?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like soul strike that much, but it's a great option for additional damage available while moving.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Trying Arms out for the first time in Legion and it feels pretty damn good with decent gear.

How's it looking in BfA? Tried Fury on the beta a bit and enjoyed that, but haven't looked at Arms yet.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Played a lock as Afflic a bit in Legion, but I really like the Demonology Mage Tower skins and how Demo plays in BFA. Hoping I can do the Demo Mage Tower without having played the spec! From what I see, it is a very non-mobile spec. Most spells have a cast time.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Played a lock as Afflic a bit in Legion, but I really like the Demonology Mage Tower skins and how Demo plays in BFA. Hoping I can do the Demo Mage Tower without having played the spec! From what I see, it is a very non-mobile spec. Most spells have a cast time.
Exact same boat as me and I just beat the demo Mage Tower a few days ago after like 4-5 attempts, definitely one of the easier Mage Tower scenarios imo. Maybe just grab a few relinquished relics to beef up your demo artifact a bit.

With demon skin + drain life you're really hard to take down and the scenario has no DPS checks or enrage timers, so you can play cautiously and take your time. It's all mechanics.

edit: should mention I was in 940 gear when I did it, but that's pretty easy to get through Argus + raid finder.

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Exact same boat as me and I just beat the demo Mage Tower a few days ago after like 4-5 attempts, definitely one of the easier Mage Tower scenarios imo. Maybe just grab a few relinquished relics to beef up your demo artifact a bit.

With demon skin + drain life you're really hard to take down and the scenario has no DPS checks or enrage timers, so you can play cautiously and take your time. It's all mechanics.

edit: should mention I was in 940 gear when I did it, but that's pretty easy to get through Argus + raid finder.

My lock is 920. I really haven't played it much. I guess I could gear it up a bit better, but I'm really focusing on gold making and finalizing last minute mount, pet and toy runs.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
My lock is 920. I really haven't played it much. I guess I could gear it up a bit better, but I'm really focusing on gold making and finalizing last minute mount, pet and toy runs.
You'll be fine at 920 I think. That scenario is all about survival. I did it on my enhance shaman months ago at like 905.

Only thing I'd get like I said is the relics from the relinquished vendor. Also all the artifact traits and a few ranks in Concordance, but you can get that from a few world quests at this point.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Anyone else hyped or at least interested in Classic? We're probably not gonna see its launch until very late this year (if not, realistically, sometime 2019), but I'm really excited for it to launch. It's a wildly different game than Legion/BFA, but it hits a lot of the right buttons for me to find it enjoyable none-the-less. I'm currently leveling another toon from 1-110 in Legion, without looms, and it has been a fun way to re-live a lot of the quests and leveling zones.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Anyone else hyped or at least interested in Classic? We're probably not gonna see its launch until very late this year (if not, realistically, sometime 2019), but I'm really excited for it to launch. It's a wildly different game than Legion/BFA, but it hits a lot of the right buttons for me to find it enjoyable none-the-less. I'm currently leveling another toon from 1-110 in Legion, without looms, and it has been a fun way to re-live a lot of the quests and leveling zones.

Personally I'm not excited at all for it. I don't mean this in a mean way or anything because if it's what you want then I'm glad they're providing but I enjoy the game as it is and I look forward to the future (I've been playing since Vanilla, fwiw) . I would never want to or be able to go back to what classic was. I'm too spoiled by the modern systems.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Did they buff WOD XP? I'm getting like 34k per quest at level 96 last time I felt like I was getting about 22k per quest.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Personally I'm not excited at all for it. I don't mean this in a mean way or anything because if it's what you want then I'm glad they're providing but I enjoy the game as it is and I look forward to the future (I've been playing since Vanilla, fwiw) . I would never want to or be able to go back to what classic was. I'm too spoiled by the modern systems.

Yeah, I totally understand what you mean. There are numerous QoL features/updates in WoW since Vanilla, and jumping between the two versions of the game can be jarring, to say the least. I think a lot of people will try Classic out of morbid curiosity, but I suspect many current WoW-players will bail out very quickly, and I certainly can't blame them. I also suspect a small subset will stick around and enjoy the slower-paced nature of leveling, as well as adjust to lacking QoL features (no multi-looting is gonna be really hard for people, I think).

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

I'll try it out but I honestly barely have time for one World of Warcraft much less two.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all.

If I wanted to scratch my MMO nostalgia itch I'd play EQ.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Something that big probably isn't an error. Maybe a little f2p period to drum up hype for pre-patch and bfa.

Interesting that Overwatch just dropped a "before the storm" tweet. Probably unrelated but can't ignore the use of that phrase.

Last edited:

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017

Going to pass on it. Classic WoW was fun but it will never be the same with most of my friends no longer playing.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so the Beta made me want to play but sicne Beta is, of course, inconsequencial, I resubbed. Did everything in Argus I could, including all the WQs up now with my Pali (who is now suddenly my best geared char, funny how that always happens when you come back) and I quite enjoyed the zones. Granted, its easier to enjoy now probably that everything is unlocked and it feels like 1 big ass zone. Didnt know there was a new dungeon, that was neat. Guess now that Ive done everything Ill do all the WQs daily I can and hope I get the allied races rep (if so ill buy BFA to unlock them i guess). Also did the Silithus stuff but that didnt go anyware, guess it needs 8.0 to continue.

At least I got my Ret pali out of my system since I wasnt going to play him in BFA anyway. I like it, mainly for the sound effects, love those metalic clank sounds lol.

Apparently inactive accounts can currently play the game without a sub. Not sure if this is intended or not.

So if your sub is up, go try it.

LOL i just fucking resubbed yesterday :D

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
so the Beta made me want to play but sicne Beta is, of course, inconsequencial, I resubbed. Did everything in Argus I could, including all the WQs up now with my Pali (who is now suddenly my best geared char, funny how that always happens when you come back) and I quite enjoyed the zones. Granted, its easier to enjoy now probably that everything is unlocked and it feels like 1 big ass zone. Didnt know there was a new dungeon, that was neat. Guess now that Ive done everything Ill do all the WQs daily I can and hope I get the allied races rep (if so ill buy BFA to unlock them i guess). Also did the Silithus stuff but that didnt go anyware, guess it needs 8.0 to continue.

At least I got my Ret pali out of my system since I wasnt going to play him in BFA anyway. I like it, mainly for the sound effects, love those metalic clank sounds lol.

LOL i just fucking resubbed yesterday :D

sorry.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not 110 yet but I just hit 98 and my total playtime was like 2 days rounded up but it looks like I'll be able to hit 110 in 7 or 8 hours still a day and like 12 hours faster than my last which I think was like 3 days 19 hours or something like that.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Not at all.

I remember Classic. There's nothing I want there.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped for classic so the community can move the fuck on.

and I loved vanilla at the time. It's still my favorite experience.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm hyped for classic so the community can move the fuck on.

and I loved vanilla at the time. It's still my favorite experience.

I agree in some ways. I have some friends who keep telling me "oh I'm quitting the main game for Vanilla Classic!" etc etc but these same people get angry when a queue doesn't pop in five minutes. How are they going to survive spamming chat for a tank again? I don't think they will.

Vanilla was -amazing- to me for the experience it offered but, for me, that was 14 years ago. My gaming time and patience have changed a lot. I could never go back to it. Plus, if we never get "new" content I can't see how it wouldn't get stale very quickly. And introducing classic expansions means either you eventually catch up to the expansion that ruined it for you or they introduce BC and call it a day then you're just... done. idk. Logistically, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
I'm excited for Vanilla in that I'm hoping that Blizzard will be willing to make even more substantial old world updates like they are with Teldrassil in BFA.

People may be upset by the changes, sure, but you can revisit all of your favorite locations (pre-Cata) in Classic.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
if I get the Voids before my sub is up (aka in the next 4 weeks), ill probably blow my 110 boost on a male voidy lock for BFA, if only to A) save 25€ from the race change but more importantly, B) because Voidy males look like this motherfucker:

x-men-mr-sinister-movie_0.jpg

and thats dope

Last edited:

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Man, am I the only that hears a bit of Dragon Roost Island from Wind Waker in here?

It's just a couple of seconds, but still..

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Yeah, I totally understand what you mean. There are numerous QoL features/updates in WoW since Vanilla, and jumping between the two versions of the game can be jarring, to say the least. I think a lot of people will try Classic out of morbid curiosity, but I suspect many current WoW-players will bail out very quickly, and I certainly can't blame them. I also suspect a small subset will stick around and enjoy the slower-paced nature of leveling, as well as adjust to lacking QoL features (no multi-looting is gonna be really hard for people, I think).

People who will try Classic will run back as fast as they can back to BfA.

I will never play classic because well when i think back of it, back then it was new and fresh and WoW has changed so much and for the better.

Also Demonology Warlock will be my main, played it a bit in beta best iteration since Wrath and pandaria the fantasy is really there commanding dozens of demons under your command.

Not at all.

I remember Classic. There's nothing I want there.

That's where i am at also, why should you be excited for something that is now ancient in MMO gaming? Like why?

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
I am sitting with the lvl 110 boost without knowin in which character apply it. I have a Mage a Hunter and a Monk, and perhaps a Rogue. Wich one will be really enjoyable to play as an alter? Im finishing the lvling of my lock, which as stated before, seems cool (now is painfully boring) so in that sense, im assured to have a funny alter (my main will always be my Arms Warrior) but I would love to hear your opinion on those 3 classes.

Probably you have already answered lots of questions of this kind, but is my first time posting in this OT, so if this doesn't goes here, tell me and I'll correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.