• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
so, now that Legion is effectively over, did anyone else kinda avoid playing multiple specs because of Artifact Levels or anything? I did initially but I guess it became really easy to catch up. However, I have never really gotten past that idea so I probably won't be investing time in off specs again until BFA which is kinda weird/sad. I may just be an outlier, though.

Only for Mage Tower appearances I really wanted that required a specific legendary to make it easier. I'm looking you at you Luffa, which I never got, but still got the feral and guardian skins.

Tempted to finish off the Druid with Balance and Resto, but don't really care about those "normal" looking MT appearances. I like the unique looks that you don't normally see. Cat and Bear being the biggest changed ones. Demonology is next up on the list and I only specced into it for the first time ever this week.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Until 7.2, I absolutely avoided it. I initially tried to balance Resto / Ele and Bear / Balance as being able to switch roles was really useful in the small group of friends I did keys with (and also keeps thing fresh). With AP and legs and to a lesser extent, relics, it was too much and so my shaman was basically resto only until 7.2 and I didn't really get into Balance until 7.3.

I started out as frost until Nighthold and finally got tired of losing tanks so I switched to Blood to learn it and MY GOD leveling that artifact sucked. It was seriously holding us back too and I felt like it was my fault. I hope Azerite works much better.

Only for Mage Tower appearances I really wanted that required a specific legendary to make it easier. I'm looking you at you Luffa, which I never got, but still got the feral and guardian skins.

Tempted to finish off the Druid with Balance and Resto, but don't really care about those "normal" looking MT appearances. I like the unique looks that you don't normally see. Cat and Bear being the biggest changed ones. Demonology is next up on the list and I only specced into it for the first time ever this week.

I'm having the same issue with my frost spec as a mage. My relics suck and I have zero frost leggos. I just wanted the appearances for Mage and DK (i have all the DKs now) but I'm not sure I'm going to get frost as it stands.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Replaying WoD scenario where you are running from the Iron Horde, didnt noticed first but there are Horde corpses now with Titles on them like if they were real people and not simply npcs

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
so, now that Legion is effectively over, did anyone else kinda avoid playing multiple specs because of Artifact Levels or anything? I did initially but I guess it became really easy to catch up. However, I have never really gotten past that idea so I probably won't be investing time in off specs again until BFA which is kinda weird/sad. I may just be an outlier, though.
I mained DH until Antorus so I only had one spec.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
At the start of Legion absolutely. You were basically playing catch up if you wanted to switch specs. Once they changed the mechanics and made it easier I flip flopped from time to time. I won't lie though. Depending on the legendary items I had I would stick to a spec.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So do we know for certain how honor is going to work out for artifact appearances when prepatch hits? I want one of the prestige appearances for my horde shammy, but he's only prestige 1. My alliance lock is prestige 8. Will my shammy be able to get the prestige 2 appearance after prepatch goes live?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
So do we know for certain how honor is going to work out for artifact appearances when prepatch hits? I want one of the prestige appearances for my horde shammy, but he's only prestige 1. My alliance lock is prestige 8. Will my shammy be able to get the prestige 2 appearance after prepatch goes live?
The levels don't combine, the total honor "currency" does. So it depends on whether the amount of honor contained in P8 + P1 is enough to reach the new P2 in BFA.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
do these epic gems sell for anything? i need to use this primal sargarite on something

also did datamining ever confirm that those sick ass Kul Tiran druid forms were real?

Last edited:

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a timer for the next invasion on the Broken Isles? I found it there's an entire website dedicated just to tracking them neat.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I hit 110 and got my armor set total playtime was 2 days 13 hours that was going as fast as I could with maybe an hour of afk time total. Now I just have to get the Alliance ones but I'll have a headstart on those because my Lightforged is 68 and my Velf is 58.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like they should add more TW incentives like the mount

maybe some pets or another mount or something

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played this in a while. Have they ever done a free weekend event like this before? I might do a couple dungeons.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like they should add more TW incentives like the mount

maybe some pets or another mount or something

Yeah they should definitely add a few new rewards. Island Expeditions almost have too many mounts, toys, unused gear/weapons recolors and it seems like they keep adding more each patch... they should spread a little bit out to other features.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I have this sinking suspicion that the item/stat squish combined with the scaling is going to make old content play like vanilla.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
When does the gold flow from order halls dry out, pre-patch or BfA launch?
Don't remember how it was with garrisons.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
On the beta, it shows that I am Honor level 3. The honor artifact appearance is now earned at Honor level 10 (and goes up in increments of 20). I have 12 110s all with varying levels of honor, but none over Honor level 2.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
On the beta, it shows that I am Honor level 3. The honor artifact appearance is now earned at Honor level 10 (and goes up in increments of 20). I have 12 110s all with varying levels of honor, but none over Honor level 2.

My understanding is that each BfA honor level requires 8800. In the current system it takes 63k to unlock the first appearence. In the new system it will take 88k. The 4th appearence requires 683k in Legion, 880k in BfA. So itll be a lot slower unless honor gains end up being much higher.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
It can be taken for granted but after some recent experience dealing with other gaming companies' customer service, sure is nice knowing I can open a ticket with Blizz and be talking with a good rep quick. Never had a slow or bad CS experience with them.

I had to reclaim my Blizzard acct some months ago, and given that I'm in Japan, I didn't think it'd be easy to get a live person to help me.

I was wrong. I had my account back in 5 min.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
I had to reclaim my Blizzard acct some months ago, and given that I'm in Japan, I didn't think it'd be easy to get a live person to help me.

I was wrong. I had my account back in 5 min.

Blizzard Customer Service is spot on, they helped me numerous of times.

When BfA launches i will be two weeks off, so all the time to level up and enjoy it all.

Oct 25, 2017
18qpvz7hcl511.jpg

did they tho? i dont remember the horde doing jack fuck on argus

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
It's ridiculous how much the people over at r/WoW are milking this "Horde is bad!" thing.

At this point I could go and take screenshot of a member of the Horde letting out a fart in the presence of a neutral npc, name it "Horde is EVIL!", post it on reddit, and get 1k+ upvotes.

Not that they're entirely wrong, but there is such a thing as driving a thing way too far into the ground.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a crime that that Pally recolour has been unreleased for so long. Legitimately one of the best sets in the game for me.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New Teebu's? link pls

I remember picking one up from the WOD garrison boe nonsense really cheap, was stoked.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
im not doubting either peeps here, nor guides, but man this Argus rep is so slow, makes me wodner if you really get exalted in 3-4 weeks.

granted its only been 3 days but it feels like its been 3 months already lol. im 5k / 12k with void bois and 11k/12k with light bois. Those 24k stages to exalted at 75rep a WQ are gonna suuuuuuuuuuuck

sidenote: im selling all my enchanting mats and shit and making a pretty penny at least.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
im not doubting either peeps here, nor guides, but man this Argus rep is so slow, makes me wodner if you really get exalted in 3-4 weeks.

granted its only been 3 days but it feels like its been 3 months already lol. im 5k / 12k with void bois and 11k/12k with light bois. Those 24k stages to exalted at 75rep a WQ are gonna suuuuuuuuuuuck

sidenote: im selling all my enchanting mats and shit and making a pretty penny at least.
When it's the daily you make a few thousand, and you do the same from your table missions.

I'm not sure exactly how long it takes but I don't think it's all that bad still.
My achievement dates show that I got army of the light on 9/16 and argussian reach on 10/6, but a lot of that is due to how the content was gated, I'm fairly sure I got almost no argussian reach until the third week of the patch or whenever Mac'aree opened;.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
When it's the daily you make a few thousand, and you do the same from your table missions.

I'm not sure exactly how long it takes but I don't think it's all that bad still.
My achievement dates show that I got army of the light on 9/16 and argussian reach on 10/6, but a lot of that is due to how the content was gated, I'm fairly sure I got almost no argussian reach until the third week of the patch or whenever Mac'aree opened;.

you can get rep from the table? havent seen any pop up that would give any rep thingie.

and yeah the weeklies give 2k, and i assume there is also the emissary which gives 1500, but I havent seen it yet. Im sure the math works out, it just looks very slow at 75rep per quest :)

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
you can get rep from the table? havent seen any pop up that would give any rep thingie.

and yeah the weeklies give 2k, and i assume there is also the emissary which gives 1500, but I havent seen it yet. Im sure the math works out, it just looks very slow at 75rep per quest :)
Yes, 250 for mission and a 750 for the bonus. Might need to unlock Argus missions for your table if you haven't done so.

Invasion points also have a chance to drop a rep token now.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't really been keeping track lately, but just read about how pre-expansion patch kills artifact traits/netherlight crucible stuff immediately. Won't this make doing any last minute content pre-expansion (raid stuff, Mage Tower challenges) way harder? Hope I'm just not understanding it, cause I was hoping to spend the last couple months pre-expansion blasting out my missing Mage Tower stuff.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't really been keeping track lately, but just read about how pre-expansion patch kills artifact traits/netherlight crucible stuff immediately. Won't this make doing any last minute content pre-expansion (raid stuff, Mage Tower challenges) way harder? Hope I'm just not understanding it, cause I was hoping to spend the last couple months pre-expansion blasting out my missing Mage Tower stuff.

I believe Mage Tower and any of the other time-limited stuff will end when the prepatch launches. Everything else will be adjusted (nerfed).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

no, you understand it correctly. If you want to do amge tower stuff, probably best to do it before the pre-patch.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I believe Mage Tower and any of the other time-limited stuff will end when the prepatch launches. Everything else will be adjusted (nerfed).

no, you understand it correctly. If you want to do amge tower stuff, probably best to do it before the pre-patch.

Oh, damn. That sucks.

Have they said when the "always active Mage Tower" is kicking in then? I just assumed that would happen in the pre-expansion patch also, haha. Whoops.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Oh, damn. That sucks.

Have they said when the "always active Mage Tower" is kicking in then? I just assumed that would happen in the pre-expansion patch also, haha. Whoops.

That's kind of what I thought would happen too. I wish they would communicate this a little better. I better stop slacking off... I still have... Every spec to unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.