• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Man looking at peoples reactions to Classic and people looking forward to community, Barrens chat and picking up people in groups from chat and I dont think I can relate any less

The last thing I want to do is interact with random video game players

BroodShadow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a CM post on /r/classicwow and /r/wowservers is kind of surreal.

Now on to what I wanted to talk about,what are we hoping they answer in the Q&A?
personally I want to know what kind of small patch content after 7.35 we are going to get to hold us over for BfA.
I thought the pre-patch story for legion was great and would love to see them do that again.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Just give me level scaling, and the new (four of them?) allied races, and I'll focus on that for months. Highmountain tauren hunter and a Nightborne shadow priest are first up.

Are there missing animations in demon form for vengeance DH? Seems like at times I'm just standing there while actually using abilities.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if someone can help me. If I buy Legion, does that cover all content so far? I see the base game as available as well...which confuses me, because I had already bought the base game years ago on this account.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if someone can help me. If I buy Legion, does that cover all content so far? I see the base game as available as well...which confuses me, because I had already bought the base game years ago on this account.
The base game includes everything except the most recent expansion. Legion is just Legion, you need the base game as well.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Right but it says 19.99 to purchase. I've only ever had one Blizzard account and it's a good 5 years I had owned it.
Are you able to log in and play? If you already bought the base game previously you should own everything up to WoD. I'm not 100% positive, but in pretty sure that's how it works.

Have you also double checked that you're on the right license/account?

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Right but it says 19.99 to purchase. I've only ever had one Blizzard account and it's a good 5 years I had owned it.
In-game or in the shop? The shop will show it no matter what, in-game it will only show if you are on a trial account AFAIK.

How many entries are under the Region / Account dropdown in your launcher? If you only have one license, it should just be your one account and a PTR license.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Are you able to log in and play? If you already bought the base game previously you should own everything up to WoD. I'm not 100% positive, but in pretty sure that's how it works.

Have you also double checked that you're on the right license/account?
Okay, I just checked my account and it does say that I own it. Says "product level: Warlords of Dreanor"...so I guess I'm good. I guess it showing a purchase price for the base game threw me off.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
In-game or in the shop? The shop will show it no matter what, in-game it will only show if you are on a trial account AFAIK.

How many entries are under the Region / Account dropdown in your launcher? If you only have one license, it should just be your one account and a PTR license.
Sorry, missed this. I got it.

Dalinar

Nov 1, 2017
I recently re-subbed. Any tips on sticking to a single char? I am struggling between my old (fury) warrior and (shadow) priest. I enjoy them pretty equally but don't have time for both due to my job/life etc.

Should I just flip a coin and pick one?

Tension Mask

Oct 28, 2017
Ion mentioned it in the WowHead link I posted earlier, but the reasoning was that once you get tier gear it kinda locks you into those slots and reduces the amount of available choices you have, since breaking your set bonuses is usually not a realistic option.

As I mentioned before, I have 1-3 30+ iLvl upgrades on a bunch of characters that I can't equip because they would break my set bonuses. I have a bunch of LFR armor pieces that I can't remove for Heroic-quality items because I have to keep the set bonus and I have no luck getting the Heroic tier to drop. It sucks.

I don't really see the problem. If those new items aren't upgrades for you, then they aren't upgrades. Set pieces have bonus attributes and thus they last longer before you upgrade them, is that so bad?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see the problem. If those new items aren't upgrades for you, then they aren't upgrades. Set pieces have bonus attributes and thus they last longer before you upgrade them, is that so bad?
If that's all that mattered they would have never made any changes to the gearing and loot system.

That trinket from two expansions ago is still technically a DPS increase? You should still be using it.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate when I see Paladins wearing Warrior or especially DK lookalike tier sets

so the idea of no tier sets is very upsetting to me and there had better be a visual alternative.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I recently re-subbed. Any tips on sticking to a single char? I am struggling between my old (fury) warrior and (shadow) priest. I enjoy them pretty equally but don't have time for both due to my job/life etc.

Should I just flip a coin and pick one?

Are they at 100? Leveling in Tank spec is a breeze. Leveled 4 tanks to 110 that way.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
So realistically, I got at least half a year? Looks super intimidating. Any advice where I should be in terms of ilvl and confidence in my class before taking the challenge on?
Yeah, I don't see the expansion coming out until August at the very earliest, which means 8.0 probably end of June at the earliest.

It varies wildly depending on your spec and what legendaries you have. WOWHead has guides for each of them with suggested guidelines. If you gear up on Argus and have full Antorus LFR gear after it opens over the next few months, you'll far outgear it. The easy ones can be done comfortably at 900 if they aren't legendary-dependent.

Dalinar

Nov 1, 2017
Are they at 100? Leveling in Tank spec is a breeze. Leveled 4 tanks to 110 that way.

I got the Warrior to 110, just struggling with the Shadow Priest (105ish) due to the lack of haste and the 'you suck' when I run dungeons and do fairly low dps.

I guess I should rephrase my question as: Should I stick it out with the Shadow Priest (is it fun without top tier gear at 110?) or just concentrate on my Warrior?

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
So realistically, I got at least half a year? Looks super intimidating. Any advice where I should be in terms of ilvl and confidence in my class before taking the challenge on?

North of 900 is probably what you'll want. Knowing all your buttons, meaning including the skills you don't use normally, should do for class knowledge. After that it's just practice. I did the destruction challenge in ~13 tries at ilvl910.

I guess I should rephrase my question as: Should I stick it out with the Shadow Priest (is it fun without top tier gear at 110?) or just concentrate on my Warrior?
You get what was top tier gear a couple of months ago just for showing up to the new questing zone so you'll be fine on that front.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Warrior to 110, just struggling with the Shadow Priest (105ish) due to the lack of haste and the 'you suck' when I run dungeons and do fairly low dps.

Shadow Priest requires a lot of buildup to start doing damage so it's typically not seen as a great leveling spec. Additionally that makes it also not be a great dungeon spec since until much higher M+, things don't stay alive very long.

It remains a very good raiding spec. Optimized gear (and tier 20, I believe) really helps with that.

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't see the expansion coming out until August at the very earliest, which means 8.0 probably end of June at the earliest.

It varies wildly depending on your spec and what legendaries you have. WOWHead has guides for each of them with suggested guidelines. If you gear up on Argus and have full Antorus LFR gear after it opens over the next few months, you'll far outgear it. The easy ones can be done comfortably at 900 if they aren't legendary-dependent.
Thanks! Somehow, reading the wowhead guide made me even more anxious about this. I'm an affliction warlock, gotta have that edgelord scythe.

Dalinar

Nov 1, 2017
Shadow Priest requires a lot of buildup to start doing damage so it's typically not seen as a great leveling spec. Additionally that makes it also not be a great dungeon spec since until much higher M+, things don't stay alive very long.

It remains a very good raiding spec. Optimized gear (and tier 20, I believe) really helps with that.

Thanks - I don't have time to raid these days and I'm far away from M+ so maybe the Warrior is a better fit for now.

Oct 25, 2017
The aff warlock challenge was almost impossible without Sacrolash and Pillars for me. You had to be a level of perfect with your teleports that youd need for a mythic encounter or some shit. I think there was a glitch where he didnt slow down when he was supposed to, making it unreasonably difficult

Destro and Demo ones are made easier with certain legs but none are necessary, just the right kind of talents youd never mix (using a permanent doomguard on Demo for example is something you would only do on the challenge) and interupts. For Demo for example I'd use the belt and doom talents so you can tick them all down faster since they share HP. Destro is just a lot of dodging and interupts while making sure you can conflag the stun totems

With Antorus gear it should be easy but not a cakewalk for all of them

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Man looking at peoples reactions to Classic and people looking forward to community, Barrens chat and picking up people in groups from chat and I dont think I can relate any less

The last thing I want to do is interact with random video game players

I understand both sides and I'll probably have a classic character if my guildies make one but I'm with you I HATED LFG in chat just for a heroic back then. I quit Everquest in favor of WoW at wow launch BECAUSE WoW wasted less time and you didn't find yourself just sitting around so much. I don't even want to think about how much time I spent camping the monk and cleric epics in EQ lol.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I understand both sides and I'll probably have a classic character if my guildies make one but I'm with you I HATED LFG in chat just for a heroic back then. I quit Everquest in favor of WoW at wow launch BECAUSE WoW wasted less time and you didn't find yourself just sitting around so much. I don't even want to think about how much time I spent camping the monk and cleric epics in EQ lol.
Lies! There were no heroics back then. ;)

When do those Anniversary events start?

Status
Not open for further replies.