• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachpies

Oct 25, 2017
I0Z3eVp.png

CURRENT STATE OF LEGION

In patch 7.3.0 Argus opened up and you can now continue the Legion Story line on the Legion's home world. 7.3.2 which came out this week is just a minor patch which is mostly fixes for the upcoming raid Antorus which should release shortly after Blizzcon in early November.

If you are looking to jump into WoW now is a great time as they are lots of catch up mechanics for new characters in place and a new raid tier is coming out in a few weeks that will put everyone on a more even footing.

BLIZZCON NOV 3-4

Blizzcon is coming up in just over a week and there should be lots of WoW content. There should be a lot of WoW content at this Blizzcon with a new expansion announcement and likely a playable beta build as well. There is also a new Design a Boss event similar to the Diablo design a legendary panel for Reaper of Souls that should be interesting.

USEFUL LINKS

MMO Champion
WoWHead
WoW Website
Developer Twitter

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks for the thread. First post on the new forum right here. Good to be back.

On topic, been loving Legion and can't wait to see what's in store for us next!

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Just over a week until the new expansion is announced... always an exciting time but also frustrating as hell with discussion everywhere dominated by fake leaks. I'm very optimistic I'll enjoy what they announce though, Legion was a huge step in the right direction in many ways after WoD. Admittedly the patch content was very hit and miss (Broken Shore was incredibly underwhelming and Antoran Wastes is a genuinely horrible zone) but I have faith.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Here to say I'm still playing, still enjoying the game, still having fun and still playing my good old Warrior!

We should share /played on our mains :P

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hey we actually get alerts for responses to watched threads now. How 'bout that

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I was just about to make this thread. Was surprised it didn't exist yet. Good to have a WoW home here!

Suramar Alliance side with almost all my characters in a friendly, large guild.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Touch and go in my guild, we've Curved every raid so far this expansion, the first time we've managed that level of consistent progress. Two weeks to go, most probably, and we're having a big push to see if we can get HC KJ in that remaining time. Just had our first single-day clear of everything up to him, so... we'll see.

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys! I'm back! Anyways, I'm 110 on like 5-6 alts and starting to raid. I xfered to Wyrmrest Accord and so far I love it. I had a good guild lined up and waiting for me at any rate.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm.... the slogan above it just reeks fake....

22728743_10159364218690234_2183797209463921746_n.png

It's fake. The logo is just the Legion logo recolored. Every expansion logo had different details, but this is just the same.

Anyway, I'm getting hyped for the new expansion. I liked Legion, but I'm mostly a casual player now, so I got bored after a few months. Came back at every major patch for a month or two, and enjoyed the new content, but I'm ready for something new.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
*waves*

The common theme among my avatars of late is that they're Demon Hunters.

Looking forward to Blizzcon news, though I don't think I'll be able to afford a virtual ticket this year to see the in-depth stuff live. The discussion should be good.

Otherwise just chilling out: Destiny 2 is pretty decent from the couple hours I've played so far.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
*waves*

The common theme among my avatars of late is that they're Demon Hunters.

Looking forward to Blizzcon news, though I don't think I'll be able to afford a virtual ticket this year to see the in-depth stuff live. The discussion should be good.

Otherwise just chilling out: Destiny 2 is pretty decent from the couple hours I've played so far.

I wonder what kind of presence (if any?) Destiny 2 will have at Blizzcon this year.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making this thread. Hoping we get some more people over from GAF.

I'm hyped for Blizzcon and the new expansion. The WoW team has a lot of good momentum with Legion.

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So far Legion has waaaaay to much to do. I love it tbh. I login and I have so much shit to do. I hope Blizz continues this trend. This is how you save WoW. Not a year of silence! I say if Blizz keeps on doing this WoW has at least another decade left. Oh and more M+ dungeons.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since we have a new OT, what is your favorite soundtrack?

Me it's definitely WoD. The music was fantastic (the questing and zones were too, the end game sucked though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tcnttmkR6Y

So good :)
Warlords is good, I think for overall xpac I go for either mop or Wotlk.

Wotlk has a lot of msises for me, but all of my absolute favorite tracks are from it. Trial of the crusade was such an awful patch, but the music there is ALL on point.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Legion is a great xpac so far though I'm currently taking a break from it to play some D:OS2 (I am doing Hallow's End stuff atm though). But it's one greatest flaw is the complete lack of Horde involvement in actually battling the Legion. And yes I am a lore nerd and it infuriates me that not a single orc was present during the Tomb of Sargeras raid.

Edit: BTW, the OT's header reminded me that Golden's new book title is confirmed serving as another story to prelude the next expansion.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0399594094/?tag=era0f0-20

Last edited:

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm.... the slogan above it just reeks fake....

22728743_10159364218690234_2183797209463921746_n.png

Logo leaks are always fake, always.

The only time a logo leaked was when Blizzard accidentally shown it themselves 10 minutes before WoD reveal.

Me it's definitely WoD. The music was fantastic (the questing and zones were too, the end game sucked though)

Mists of Pandaria I'd say. Jeremy Soule's contribution really brings the soundtrack to another level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9PFIqZMMpU

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I will miss this years opening ceremony. Not sure if I will buy the ticket, but I think I will and just watch that and the other interesting panels in the day that follows.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Taking a break from Legion but expansion hypeeeeee. Still plan on getting Lord of the Reins by the end of this xpac - less than 30 mounts to go!

If they do subraces, which seems extremely likely, I wonder if they'll give out a free subrace customization for characters.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I didn't realize that the new expansion is going to be announced so soon. I played quite a bunch when Legion released, but decided to take a long break. Will probably jump back a month or so before the next expansion and clean up the rest of the Legion stuff.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Just posting to say that Blizzard should do WoW audio dramas more often.

A Thousand Years of War is sooooooo good. I fall asleep to it now.

Sosukae

Oct 25, 2017
Checking in. I really need to listen to the thousand years of war. Keep seeing it pop up on youtube.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017

I think Wrath would be number 1, but Mists isn't too far behind.

I love the music in every expansion, though. Will be interesting to see how the next expansion fares with Russell Brower no longer at Blizzard.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd agree with Wrath. Icecrown music is still probably the best music they've done for a zone and it works so well.

2nd place goes to WoD.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been playing much, but I'm eager to see what is announced at Blizzcon.

My holy priest is at ilvl 926. Main focus the last few months has just been alts and Argus, I guess. Would love to progress a bit more in ToS before the next raid is out, but I feel like it's pointless with new content possibly coming out soon. What's the recommended ilvl going into Antorus?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.