• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It was by a brazilian rating agency.
Could be an error.
Ed76U2iXsAUTKkb

Via Gematsu:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Likely an error because they pretty recently said they're not planning to release on consoles.

Sure that could be a smokescreen, but why even answer the question if it would be announced soon?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Well that would be something.

I mean they did add controller support with the expansion, along with references to the PS4/PS5.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Controller bindings were surfaced in the alpha at some point iirc. At the time they said it was just for more control options but hey. Could be cool if it was for a console release too.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely an Error.

WoW is pretty much unplayable without full addon support and M/K controls especially in high-end content.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They *have* been working on a controller UI, so this would track with that.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Dataminers did find controller support and links to Xbox and PS. Blizzard did comment that it's just for controller support and not ports though.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
We would have seen more evidence from datamining already if it was real.

Controller bindings were surfaced in the alpha at some point iirc. At the time they said it was just for more control options but hey. Could be cool if it was for a console release too.

Controller support is being added since there's been unofficial controller addons for years now and Blizzard realizing a not insignificant portion of people use them for accessibility reasons.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Probably unlikely but this does line up with the controller UI.

Wonder if you'll get some gamepass shenanigans if it were true.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I mean, if subs are down and waning, this definitely could be a nice injection of new players would be subscribed for a while.\

How would it work? Who knows. Diablo 3 works beautifully on a console, but that's a different game..

Edit: or make this thing great again..

Xbox-One-Chatpad-Elite-controller-main.jpg

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played WOW in a Million years but how would it even be possible, I remember having like 60+ icons on hotbars

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Shadowlands is getting official controller support, but I still think this is an error.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WOW + controller

Is this what hell actually is?

Considering how simplified the game has become over the years why would you need more than 7 buttons with L1 used to give another 7 button options.

There's lots of ways they could do it on a controller ignoring the fact Series X supports M&K anyway.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
The game is quite comfy to play on a controller tbh, if it's set up properly. High level raiding isn't impossible either. A UI built for controllers should make it even better.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how simplified the game has become over the years why would you need more than 7 buttons with L1 used to give another 7 button options.

There's lots of ways they could do it on a controller ignoring the fact Series X supports M&K anyway.

I bowed out of WoW four years ago but it still hasn't been simplified to that level. I'm also just imaging the nightmare of managing the UI.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's always seemed insane that WOW never came to consoles like way earlier.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that it's only Xbox Series X. I'm pretty sure Xbox One would run the game just fine.

Unless this is a mistake or it's lacking other platforms.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bowed out of WoW four years ago but it still hasn't been simplified to that level. I'm also just imaging the nightmare of managing the UI.

If Start and Select are HP and Mana pots and the four directional points are used then you'd still need more than 18 abilities that you use regularly?