• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Love it when an anti war song is used to highlight cool guns.

What's next COD Trailer showing off sick kills and new guns to the song For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield?

How about One Tin Solider being used for the next Battlefield game trailer?

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
They are totally different game genres, but this releasing 10 days before Days Gone is somewhat funny. And I must say I like the horde zombie look of this one a bit more.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Love it when an anti war song is used to highlight cool guns.

What's next COD Trailer showing off sick kills and new guns to the song For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield?

How about One Tin Solider being used for the next Battlefield game trailer?
Maybe The Cranberries' Zombie was their first choice...

Oct 25, 2017
Got this pre-ordered and cautiously optimistic. I'll be happy if this is a 7/10 L4D clone I can play with my friends.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a good time in co-op. Will wait for reviews though, something tells me this game may be a little empty with features and content.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Looks more fun than Days Gone at least, but I can't say that "zombie horde shooter" is really that contemporary anymore. Feels like they belong back to around 2014

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Looks more fun than Days Gone at least, but I can't say that "zombie horde shooter" is really that contemporary anymore. Feels like they belong back to around 2014

i mean, there isn't really many of them. There's L4D and....
games like Dead Island, Dying Light or even Dead Rising are more focused on melee. Resident Evil is less about hordes and more about smaller scale encounters. Killing Floor 2? I suppose that counts, but it's horde style, whereas L4D and WWZ has A to B progression.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So this is what happens when you make a whole game out of that one cool-looking visual (zombies stacking themselves) in a movie.

Seems fairly rote and uninspired, sorry.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
My copy arrived well it would of been if simplygames said me the correct format. I could play it on my Xbox but I want it on ps4 so now i have to send it back and wait.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
ERA doesn't seem hyped for this at all considering this is a launch trailer thread...not good metrics I suppose but I hope it does well, can't say I'm throwing down for this one at launch though. Gotta save for them Boomers later this year.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I might buy it on the EGS but I am afraid, I won't be able to find a lot of people playing it there. I guess XB1 it is then.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, that looked a lot better than I was expecting. Looks like it could be one to scratch that L4D itch.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's a budget priced multiplayer zombie shooter with cool horde mechanics, this is as close to a new Left 4 Dead as we're getting so I'll enjoy it.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
*looks at the book*
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War is a 2006 apocalyptic horror novel written by American author Max Brooks. The novel is a collection of individual accounts narrated by an agent of the United Nations Postwar Commission, following the devastating global conflict against the zombie plague. Other passages record a decade-long desperate struggle, as experienced by people of various nationalities. The personal accounts also describe the resulting social, political, religious, and environmental changes.

*looks at the game*
ZfmUINU.gif

Nothing was lost in translation I see.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the author of the book is shaking his head at everything that's used it's name/IP or just counting the dollars and trying to disassociate himself with everything else

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
It's a game based on a movie that was based very loosely on a book
I know...it's just....

Why do people still do this? Buy rights to IPs they intend to really not do anything but have the name and one variable in common with? "Brand recognition!" feels so meaningless when the people who know the brand could instantly tell that the movie was nothing like the book at all and the people who go to see the movie are mostly there just for the zombies. Could have called it Battle Zombies Earth or something and it'd probably have the same impact.

This game could have had nothing to do with the name and it would garner probably the same amount of attention by saying "look at the so many lotsa zombies we have you can shootsies!"

It's all just so pointless to me.

Looks subpar honestly. It's not like Yaeger ever made some great games either... :/

It's not Yaeger who's making this, it's Saber Interactive.

And if you actually meant Yaeger (but still was wrong on which studio was making this) you take that back! Spec Ops: The Line will always have a special place in my heart as one of the most brilliant games ever.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see an OT for this game.....

But there's no private lobbies in this and that's a deal breaker for me. I tried playing with my partner and the only option we had was to matchmake into a game in progress. How is there no option to just take your party and play by yourself? Honestly one of the most baffling things.

Plus there not being mid-mission checkpoints. Amateur hour in design.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't see an OT for this game.....

But there's no private lobbies in this and that's a deal breaker for me. I tried playing with my partner and the only option we had was to matchmake into a game in progress. How is there no option to just take your party and play by yourself? Honestly one of the most baffling things.

Plus there not being mid-mission checkpoints. Amateur hour in design.
Here you go! Whipped up by yours truly.