• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Roadmap for the next 2-3 months

May
- New mission set in Tokyo.
- New zombie type which "spits a deadly virus and can resurrect if not properly dispatched".

June
- New "six-skull" difficulty level with its own unique reward, plus more bonus cosmetics - including new weapons variants, character skins, and accessories.

July
- New Weekly Challenge mode, more cosmetics, and "other goodies".

Private lobbies, a wave-based survival mode, the ability to switch classes in PvPvZ matches, plus field of view and level of detail sliders for PC players, also planned. However, there's no current release date for those.
Cool. I've been enjoying it. Managed to get my disparate buddies recollected and playing together again. There's not enough good 4+ player co-op titles.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
It's on their planned feature list.

frH0Y1t.png

I wouldn't call it "dumb" to be a small development team trying to juggle all the priorities of a 3-system-wide launch of an online multiplayer game. They seem pretty open and willing to continue to work - focussing on stability, of course, as they should. Just give them a little time to go through that list.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Insane difficulty tonight and it was so much fun. Probably the most fun I've had with the game. The zombies are so threatening when they can kill you in a few hits.

The only roadblocks were Jerusalem 2 and Moscow 2 which were brutal and basically RNG and luck based.

Bring on the new map and difficulty.

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Played a few matches again last night, and got destroyed by trolls/team killers on higher difficulties :( I know I keep harping on about this, but it's such a shame private lobbies/matches haven't been introduced yet. The game is so much fun with friends (or a team that's on the same page).

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow, didn't think my name will be mentioned like that :P Thanks for the words!

Yes, it's a bit hectic here with everything going on but it seems that we manage. We know about all the feedback and stuff, I personally read everything I can and ChaosSmurf and their team are also on it pretty hard.

Updates, QoL changes and everything are WiP and some of it should be seen pretty soon.

javiergame4 there will be both.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
It's been a month now and I'm done waiting. I'm having financial difficulties and the $35 would be helpful. I need a refund. I can't wait for this company to get its act together and fix its broken features on PC. I've emailed them, they asked for the invoice, I sent it to them, and now I'm waiting for the refund.

This game is fun as shit and will be the next Left 4 Dead but I unfortunately can't afford to be without money put into this game in my current financial state. I'll absolutely pick it back up further on down the line but right now I can barely get groceries, let alone pay rent.

https://twitter.com/tylerthehood/status/1128895777504419840?s=21

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I've been on a real squad/4 player group game kick lately between Risk of Rain 2, The Division 2, Uno, the obvious staples, so I scooped up World War Z too and yo this game is bomb

I can become a machete man at any opportunity
It has lil' bits of tower defense/Fortnite Save The World in it with auto turrets and shit
It has groups and gobs and globs of crazy zombie moments, the scale is insane
I can become a machete man at any opportunity

Most of the games I've been playing lately I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole solo, but with a group of peeps a game like this is the perfect goof-off game while we talk about other nonsense

calder

Oct 25, 2017
A good looking game, runs great too. Pretty fun so far.

Kind of annoyed my bot teammates couldn't pick up crates for me. Also the easiest difficulty was unsurprisingly super easy but I never got to use my rocket launcher.

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Have they added private matches yet?

Not yet, unfortunately.

Not sure how reliable this is or if it was just a temporary glitch, but a few people on reddit/twitter have mentioned that there might be a way to form a quasi-private lobby if you're playing on console. Apparently, if you party up and then choose "offline" mode (By disabling "Privacy & Data collection" under settings I assume?) , it locks the squad and prevents any randoms from joining. Is anyone able to confirm this?

It doesn't look like the same trick works on PC. I wonder if the EGS client (or the 'steamworks API' equivalent) is hampering them in any way. Private lobbies would have originally been part of the first wave of hotfixes (at least that's how I interpreted it), but then the release date shifted from "soon" to a very vague "the team is investigating" and "Private lobbies are in the plans ". There's also still the critical (random) issue on PC preventing players from inviting anyone on their friends list.

On twitter they just mentioned a 1 hour maintenance session for tomorrow:
"Xbox One and PS4 will be playable using p2p during the maintenance."
"PC servers will be down during the maintenance."

Arghhh, so it shows P2P is possible (on console at least). Why not give the same option to PC players - it would be a godsend for those of us who don't have dedicated servers in our region (ala L4D hosting).

Sorry about the venting.

Last edited:

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game upon release, me and my friend being huge L4D fans, wanted anything to scratch that itch. Unfortunately (as I'm sure is the case for so many), the discovery of the lack of private matchmaking really dampened our enthusiasm. Sure, in the ensuing weeks, we relented a little, trying to eek out some missions with randoms, but they always ended up as a complete bust, and not due to a lack of effort on our part.

I'm genuinely baffled how a co-operative game with such an emphasis on communication on teamwork, forces you into situations were that is impossible. I'll admit, I much prefer to go through entire sessions of games in private parties, but even when we tried to play along, it seems like the general populace really isn't in it for that either.

I think I've only actually completed the first chapter, so hopefully I can get a semi-regular group of people who will be willing to play together. I really like the game (or what I've seen), so I'm determined to make the most of it.

I really hope the online population doesn't take a nosedive.

PS4 gamertag: MyLoveIsAStapler

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
I find this game very tolerable with randoms than I thought it would be. I thought it would be stressful and need mics. Depends on the class you're playing, a Demo class with "map situational awareness" and strategically placed claymores can carry a beginner team easier than playing as a medic.

It's a fun game.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I find this game very tolerable with randoms than I thought it would be. I thought it would be stressful and need mics. Depends on the class you're playing, a Demo class with "map situational awareness" and strategically placed claymores can carry a beginner team easier than playing as a medic.

It's a fun game.
I feel the same, most of the time I only game with one mate and so we always play with 2 randoms. With a little planing it is possible but at the highest difficulty I would love to have a fixed team with voice. We bought it at launch but now we are losing some momentum, the Mai update is still not release and private lobbys are nowhere to be seen, which is a shame. This game is so fun but needs some content imho.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Maintenance is in 15 minutes folks. And yeah, first big patch/dlc will be out later today.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
new special doesn't look like the picture. Thought it would be something interesting and fresh but just acts as an annoying bullet-sponge sniper.

Just going by sight and the bulls startup-animation to run has been shortened? I read the patch notes and it's not there, but I think it looks shorter.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Haven't played since last week. How is the update? Anyone still running on pc?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
game is on sale on ps4. $28. will play with at least one person at times (not 3 others, just one probably). worth?

SoldToIna

Banned
Jun 5, 2019
I did it! I got the platinum :D
Congrats!

Some of my motion capture work is in this game, recycled from a previous project I worked on. It's fab to see the game actually doing well (2+ million sales, 1 million on PC?!) when it looked like it might not even come out at one point. The movie it was originally scheduled to co-exist with still hasn't been made!

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
this game is on sale on ps4 right now ... should i buy? i love left 4 dead but have no friends to play with
I bought this in the sale yesterday (currently £19.99 on PSN) and although I intend to play it with friends, I decided to test it out with the AI bots first. It's manageable and still a lot of fun. The normal difficulty setting is too easy with bots, though, and the hard setting is too hard - simply because they don't prioritise and don't tackle objectives, so you can get penned into a corner, for example, and lose a timed objective (and the whole mission as a result) because the AI was too busy clearing zombies to go for the objective.

Generally speaking, though, I really like the game. It looks good, the shooting feels pretty decent, the level design keeps things fresh, and the zombie swarms are both technically impressive and genuinely imposing to look at - no matter how many times you've seen one come charging over the horizon.

I also like the fresh twists on the L4D formula. Having to find breaching charges to get at the good weapons, having to collect defensive gear in advance of the swarm defense segments, and having single-use heavy items you need to prioritise. The class system also works really well; none of the skills / perks seem redundant, and the sense of progression (which is mirrored in the way you level up weapons you use a lot) seems well-anchored to the way the difficulty levels ascend.

I don't imagine the game will have long legs if you play it offline, though. The AI just can't keep up on hard difficulty, and there are two further difficulty levels above that. I think you'll definitely want to play with strangers online sooner rather than later. Luckily, the conversation wheel should cater to most eventualities if you don't like speaking to weirdos online - which I definitely don't.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
bought this game during the august sale.

anyways, some update happened today, adding weekly challenges for coins. coins can be spent on costumes and trinkets.

there's barely anyone playing on ps4, but it's enough for me to get at least 1 game whenever i want.

so.. at least 4 concurrent ps4 players at all times lol. i got pvp trophies done when i started playting (maybe because of the sale?) but can't find anyone anymore in pvp. seemed like a quicker way to make in game upgrade currency. oh well

Last edited:

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game still healthy on PS4? I wanna get it but don't wanna dive into a game that's struggling
I have paused for a while, jumped back in these days for the update. Still healthy, not only challenge mode, doesn't take long at all to find a game. They're still planning on big updates for the game, I don't think it'll die off anytime soon.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
With this coming to Game Pass soon, I am interested in seeing what it does for the community. Shame no crossplay.

Oct 2, 2018
Just finished all the maps and that last boat on in japan was pretty fucking tense as it just kept going and my team mates (you are playing with randoms) - are running all over the map and getting downed and its super tense.

Now that that's done... l do wish this had a SP component to it as I dont know the game is rich enough to keep going back to. Still, its really fun and I did an insane level with my level 22ish character and had a tense time. It does hordes super well and the game looks great too.

Haven't tried the MP modes yet. Strictly focused on the campaign mode. Killing zombies never got old.

Oct 2, 2018
Played more today - was playing on very hard and its doable with a competent team. Something really satisfying about having a good team as the high enemy damage will mean you will get downed. That 3 minute timeout. Offfgh. . Leveled up my assault rifle to level 5 and its goooood! Also used a few different tier 3 weapons and the assault rifle is fucking great also. Mows down the the hordes good

Is the game still healthy on PS4? I wanna get it but don't wanna dive into a game that's struggling

seems to be quite good. I can always find a game.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is crossplay already in?

If so, can I play with my buddy on pc, and my buddy on PS4? I am on Xbox

Thanks

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I really need to give this game a proper shot. I was between buying this and Remnant: From the Ashes and went for the latter (which is great) then this dropped on Gamepass. I've played the first stage which was fun, and everything I've seen of it looks great.

What's the solo experience like?

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't pass of up the Epic game sale plus $10 coupon and picked this up for $5. Looking forward to some all night zombie killing.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really need to give this game a proper shot. I was between buying this and Remnant: From the Ashes and went for the latter (which is great) then this dropped on Gamepass. I've played the first stage which was fun, and everything I've seen of it looks great.

What's the solo experience like?

I think it's a little dull alone. The AI range from godlike to completely incompetent (they act like aimbots but also voluntarily walk into toxic gas and die).

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
This is on sale for $16 for PS+ members until mid-Jan, so 3 of my buddies and I picked it up to play together. We've only played an hour so far, but really enjoyed it! Left 4 Dead is one of my favorite games and it reminds me of it a lot. Looking forward to playing more!

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up on sale for ps4 and I'm glad it is a third person left for dead. Did 2 missions with a buddy and had fun. Tried out horde and got fucked so hard. Will return when we're stronger.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone still play this on PC? Can I just drop in and play with random? I bought it for $5 for the horde mode

You can play with randoms yeah, or you could probably find people to play with on one of the discord groups for the game. I only play it on PS4 unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
You can play with randoms yeah, or you could probably find people to play with on one of the discord groups for the game. I only play it on PS4 unfortunately.

Is there a Resetera Discord group for this game? Feels boring to play solo if my buddies aren't online and I haven't had luck finding good teammates with randoms in-game or through the PS community. I'm N7__Nola if anyone on PS4 wants to try teaming up sometime! :)

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a Resetera Discord group for this game? Feels boring to play solo if my buddies aren't online and I haven't had luck finding good teammates with randoms in-game or through the PS community. I'm N7__Nola if anyone on PS4 wants to try teaming up sometime! :)

I don't think so, I'm happy to re-install the game and play though. PSN is Chronospherics. :)