• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Nice OT title buddy but I dont want to be a negative Nancy but this is exactly why it will probably sell poorly,squished right in the middle of DIV 2 and Days Gone...unless its really really good and gets a lot of streamers playing the game more then on launch day and head back to Apex or Fortnite after,creating word of mouth.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Too bad for no horde mode and split screen, still in if my friends buy it too. Looks really fun. I didnt see a review thread, there is an embargo going?

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
A fair bit of people here seem to be taking the "wait and see" approach which, of course, is fine, just important to note - this is a budget release that leans pretty heavily on multiplayer. If Saber is going to invest significantly into post launch support, they're likely going to want a sizable community behind the game. If you can afford it, it may be worth forking over the $40 for a new copy to support the game and help build a community early on in the games life.

Alright, I'm off of my soapbox now. See ya'll tomorrow night!

30 FPS and no HDR support, unfortunately.
30fps on consoles
No HDR
Epic Game Store Exclusive

Yikes

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
It's really unfortunate they're releasing this game exclusively on EGS. It does not have the brand recognition or hype for such a move. Would have done well on Steam, I imagine.

Last edited:

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the end it has a 'the bads' section that says "Versus multiplayer modes are meh"
Right but there's no indication that he actually played them. This is why reviewers have "in review" portions for multiplayer games because its hard to have impressions of PvP before launch. Him saying its meh doesn't mean he actually played it.

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If the countdown timer on my console last night was right, the Xbox One versions should be going live in an hour and 12 minutes.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been able to get into a game just yet due to server issues. It looks like you can't make a private match?

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Juat played through the first New York level on One X. Its 8:30 Central here and its playable.

Even though I just played with bots, I really like the way this feels. Very easy to pick up. Hordes are fun to see. Very L4D.

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
How does the Xbox One X version feel?
Just finished the New York Campaign. Took about an hour to complete but performance was solid throughout, locked 30 FPS and the game looks gorgeous.
It's only 9pm est. They don't do midnight on Xbox store?
This had an odd and irregular early launch, it was a worldwide launch so I suppose that they were aiming for midnight wherever they were located and other territories just wound up coming out early because of it.
Are you able to invite friends before matchmaking?
I haven't been able to try this out yet, no friends own the game. Just reported on the private matches based on word from the game's subreddit.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
I just pre-ordered/pre-loaded the PS4 version. I'll try to stream a bit when it unlocks in an hour if people are curious.

Last edited:

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
Are you able to invite friends before matchmaking?
Yeah, you can. Issue is that it takes like 30 seconds for the person in your party to actually enter the lobby so it's a race for them to choose which character they want.
The way it works right now is:
Invite to party
Start online game
You enter the lobby, the person in your party waits a bit until it actually shows them they're in the lobby
Then you choose your character/gear/class

The weird things is that I've had random people enter the lobby faster than the person who's actually in my party.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning on getting this, been trying to get my friends to play L4D2, but this may be easier.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Where the fuck do I find release date information on the Epic Store? It's already the 16th here in Australia but I can't seem to find when the game is going to be released?

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a multiplayer/co-op only game?

If so, i will pass

Edit:nvm, just read that is playable offline lol haha hope the AI is good

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Had a horde forming a pyramid, shot out the bottom row and watched them all cascade down each other while some died from the impact of the landing. This is fucking incredible.
Is this a multiplayer/co-op only game?

If so, i will pass

Edit:nvm, just read that is playable offline lol haha hope the AI is good
I'm playing solo, AI is fine in combat, they just don't complete any objectives.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can confirm, review going up now, that the AI is great at saving you and doing a great job taking out enemies but they do leave the basic objectives to you. In all honest the objectives are basic enough that its not as much a point as just something you notice.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
When trying to add this to my cart on PSN, it says "you are not eligible to purchase or download this content" ... what? I've never had this issue before.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was told I wouldn't get a review key until later today so I don't know how many reviews will be out today.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh God I'm using my Playstation Platinum headset and everything sounds like it's under water. The music is fine but gun sounds and everything sounds super muffled.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm shocked. This game came out of nowhere for me and looks like a blast. Seems like the physical disc is MIA in Canada though.

edit: seems like the physical version will only launch next week?

bender

Oct 27, 2017
Played through the first three campaigns. Some of the AI Director (or whatever this game calls them) seem off but otherwise the seems like a ton of fun. It controls and performs well. I do wish there were more variety to the special infected class (seems like there is only a charger, boomer, witch and hunter to use L4D terms).