• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
when the entire world converts to using worms as its primary dietary source of protein, how cool is it that frozen food will also be considered fresh at the same time?

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I wonder if this is a species that has since evolved to a new form or went extinct. Would be cool if we basically brought back an old species. Even if it were worms and not mammoths.

May 26, 2018
Damnit, every single time I see this thread title it STILL says "woman" for a fraction of a second before my brain rearranges the word to its correct form!

The fuck is this devil magic!!

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MV5BYjA3NDBiMmEtZTUxNC00OWI4LWFkYTQtNzVmNDU0MTkwZTQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg
skSfvX2.gif

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this can be used as undeniable proof that the earth is older than 6 to 10 thousand years old, right?

Like, the age is absolutely confirmed? How was it confirmed?

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Not concerned! We haven't all died of that anthrax that was released two years ago in Siberia when it thawed so by comparison this is way way less likely to kill us all. I'm sure there are things that can kill us waiting to thaw, but I mean there's not really anything we can do about it at this point. Relax.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
This is an easy premise for Jurassic Park 10. We freeze ourselves in amber or whatever using science discovered here, and come back 32000 years later to find dinosaurs have retaken over earth! oh noes! also octopuses have evolved....

Rosen

Oct 25, 2017
And yet Earth is much warmer now.
Milankovitch cycles can account for the increased in temperature excluding the Anthropocene period. I.E. now.
Accoording to the article anyway:

Currently the nematodes are the oldest living animals on the planet.
Not to dispute the article but Hydra's are biologically immortal though we cannot calculate there age. Outside of the animal kingdom Endoliths are predicted living for 10 million years, from the 2013 Goldschmidt conference.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this can be used as undeniable proof that the earth is older than 6 to 10 thousand years old, right?

Like, the age is absolutely confirmed? How was it confirmed?

We already have many, many, many, many pieces of "undeniable" scientific evidence that the Earth is older than 7000 years, and none of it has convinced these people. A couple worms won't either.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God put those worms there to test our faith. Bad news for you, you didn't pass.

UGH. Please don't.

I'm still worried about what sciences they used to gauge the age of these worms though. That's gonna be the angle the young Earth creationists attack from when they try to undermind the discovery.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
UGH. Please don't.

I'm still worried about what sciences they used to gauge the age of these worms though. That's gonna be the angle the young Earth creationists attack from when they try to undermind the discovery.
Why would you be worried about what Young Earth creationists think?

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would you be worried about what Young Earth creationists think?

Because people take them seriously based on their adherence to "the good book", and the biggest, most influential religion on the planet has sway over people in high places. Sway enough to harm people with their strict devotion to rejecting scientific discoveries that affect our lives. Anti-vaxxers, climate change deniers... folks like that.