• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
We're 8 years into the decade, there'll be awful films to come but what's the worst one(s) you've seen so far.

My Personal List.

2010 - Clash of the Titans
2011 - Battle: Los Angeles
2012 - Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (the hardest year by far)
2013 - After Earth
2014 - I, Frankenstein
2015 - F4nt45t1c F0ur
2016 - Suicide Squad
2017 - Monster Trucks

2012 was horrendous but I went with Ghost Rider because it is so far beyond bad it's laughable. Everyone knows the pissing fire scene but there's a terrible movie surround it. Bad CGI, a plot I literally can't even remember, and "acting" by Nick Cage.

Edit: To keep it simple let's say a Blockbuster is a budget over 50 million.

Edit 2:

Just so this doesn't turn into a simple list thread can folks post their reasoning.

Doesn't have to be for every movie

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh we're going by year? Saying all 3 Bayformers is too easy so I'll just list one of them.

10-Prince of Persia
11-Transformers 3
12-Battleship
13-World War Z
14-Amazing Spider Man 2
15-Terminator Genisys
16-Independence Day: Resurgence
17-King Arthur

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if they count as blockbusters, but for simplicity's sake these are my least favorite movies of the past few years

2017 - The Lego Ninjago Movie
2016 - Zootopia
2015 - Tomorrow Land
2014 - ABCs of Death 2
2013 - Man of Steel

Alright, so ABCs of Death 2 is 1000% not a blockbuster, so my least favorite "blockbustery" movie of 2014 would probably be Godzilla

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Those all seem accurate. I usually don't pay ridiculous ticket prices for awful films.

Fant4stic is really awful though.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
What is a "blockbuster"? Box office revenue (so a movie that bombs wouldn't count?) or how much the money cost to make?

I'd put Last Airbender at the top of my list, 2010 but I didn't see F4nt4isti4ic4 4

Also Mother! was the only movie I have walked out of in the past decade but it sadly only cost $30m to make

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Zootopia is one of the best recent flicks I've seen. I could understand not liking it, but to call it the worst film of the decade seems extreme.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Airbender is astonishingly poorly made. It's not simply that it tries to cram a full season of TV into 90 minutes, or that it whitewashes its cast, but it's just plain awful from an editing and production standpoint. The acting and writing, as with that period of Shyamalan, is terrible of course, but it's really how amateurish the production is that baffles me. It's haphazardly shot, the costumes are dull, the effects are crap, the pacing is nonsensical and everything has this awkward wavering air, like they kept leaving the camera running uncertainly.
It's like a student film but somehow it cost 100 million dollars.

Fantfourstic was also absolutely wretched.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i don't wanna see any mcu, star wars, or nolan in this thread

let's try and keep it real people
Why not? To (a very small) some those will be amongst the worst.

I mean personally I absolutely despised The Last Jedi. I might even go as far as saying I enjoyed the likes of crap like Transformers The Last Knight more.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Transformers 1 is the worst movie I've ever seen, and apparently the following movies get even worse. So I'm guessing it's one of those.

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
Batman v. Superman, hands down.

The Transformers movies that came out this decade are probably worse, but since I'll never watch them I'll go with the movie I did actually watch.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
One of the Transformers. Pick one.

And King Arthur is not that bad. It's kind of fun, actually.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, I actually liked After Earth.

..and I finally watched Monster Trucks with the kids like 2 days ago.. was surprised how much fun it was. Reminds me of the 80's early 90's Disney type movies where shit didn't make sense and it didn't have too. Kind like Herbie the Lovebug. I legit smiled through a lot of the movie. For how panned the movie was I expected it be totally devoid of value, and came away having a good time.

:edit: Also Battleship was a fun movie too. People these days can suspend disbelief on superhero movies, but can't on stupid action movies like Battleship makes laugh. Another panned movie that was no where near as bad as people made it out to be. I'm pretty sure the concept is what made people hate it before it even showed.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Transformers: Dark of the Moon is horrific.

And if anyone brings up how "cool" the last half hour is I'm going to fight you because not only does it take two hours and forty-five minutes worth of manure to get to that point, the action on display isn't even exciting on any level.

Justice League is sure up there
Along with MoS and BvS.

On a visual level, JL is the winner. That movie looks like it came from Sony's E3 2006 reel/

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I'd go with Suicide Squad but that's because it's the only one listed in the OP that I've seen. But I'm sure there's worse.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Fantastic Four really that bad? I remember the one with Michael Chiklets being really average.

I've only seen Suicide Squad and Amazing Spiderman 2 on that list so I'll go with SS.
I'd honestly say BvS though. I dislike it more than MoS, SS and JL.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Is Fantastic Four really that bad? I remember the one with Michael Chiklets being really average.

I've only seen Suicide Squad and Amazing Spiderman 2 on that list so I'll go with SS.
I'd honestly say BvS though. I dislike it more than MoS, SS and JL.
Fant4stic is bad because the quality drops like rock once the time skip happens.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just so this doesn't turn into a simple list thread can folks post their reasoning.

Doesn't have to be for every movie

a916

Oct 25, 2017
2016 also had

Warcraft
50 Shades
Gods of Egypt

But I would argue the truly worst one was:
Independence Day

Suicide Squad was pretty god damn bad but on a year with ID4-2, it's hard not to give it the title of worst 2016 blockbuster

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2010 - The Expendables - incoherent, loud, dull mess
2011 - Battle: Los Angeles - incoherent, loud, dull mess
2012 - Battleship - incoherent, loud, dull mess
etc.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't watch all of them, but most blockbuster movies tend to be adequate. They all teeter around the average mark. Sometimes a little below, and sometimes a little above. But the ones I really disliked in recent years are Suicide Squad and Atomic Blonde. They're both crap movies and I find nothing redeemable about either of them, except for Will Smith in the former and one fight scene in the latter.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Funny enough, 50 Shades was under $50m budget.

But for me, the worst is Batman v Superman. Just an absolutely miserable experience from beginning to end.