• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Alien Covenant followed by the trash WB calls super hero films post DK Trilogy (not you WW, you're cool).

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Battle Los Angeles. It's the only movie that I genuinely felt ripped off from having paid to see it in a theater. BvS was shit, but at least I could see some legit ambition in it. I was actually OK with Alien Covenant at first, but the more I think about it the more I'm disappointed at how it wasted the interesting mythology established in Prometheus.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
It's between Terminator Gynysys and Suicide Squad for me. Both flaming trash heaps that I'm just thankful that I didn't pay to see. And to be fair, I didn't watch any of the notoriously awful movies like Gods of Egypt or whuthavyuh. I did, however, see Warcraft and thought it was actually kind of fun. At least until the last 10 minutes of the movie that needlessly set up a sequel that's never going to get made. And Fan4stic was bad, but I thought there was actually something redeemable there under all that mess. Completely fell off the rails after the first act, but that first act was like a somewhat interesting pilot of a TV show that you'd at least watch the 2nd episode of before deciding to drop it.

Poor Jai Courtney. Dude seems nice enough and puts in work, but just isn't a very good actor. He was actually one of the better parts of Suicide Squad though, go figure.

Also, I'd say $50m isn't a particularly big budget these days. You have January dumping ground movies hitting that. Even $100m barely qualifies as "blockbuster," since plenty of genre films hit that too. I don't think you're starting to approach blockbuster territory until you hit about $150m budget. Blockbusters are huge tentpole films that are meant to prop up and finance a studio's smaller films. That's why it's called a tentpole. It makes a tent in which the studio fits all of their other, smaller films under.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Terminator Genisys, the movie gets way to much hate. I sometimes wonder if people even understood what they were watching.

L4DANathan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA, USA
Not my vote, but I'm surprised no one mentioned any of the Resident Evil movies. Not exactly beacons of quality, lol.

Terminator Genisys for sure though, and I'm someone who was okay with Salvation.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
For 2010, The Last Airbender. Virtually every aspect of its production is fatally flawed. Only JNH's score survives with its dignity intact (as usual for a Shyamalan project).