• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
david-cage-happy.jpg

David Cage
David Cage once stated that "games always explore the same things. They're about being powerful, being the good guys against the bad guys that's a very tiny part of what can be done. There are so many other stories to tell" I mean I understand his desire to create story driven games with highly involved cinematic narratives but with his ideology his games won't be that good since he has even been critical of "game over" events in story-driven, non-action video games, calling them "a state of failure more for the game designer than from the player" well done Cage. I don't know how many people actually like him as a developer because I personally think he's very out of touch with the industry as it stands. His games consist of these narratives which offer no experience or innovation but instead cheeky sexual remarks such as his titles including Farenheit and Heavy Rain. With his shameful thinking about how video games can be and trying to put them forward into interacting with a story seems like a wasted opportunity because he could do better.

AVT_Benoit-Sokal_9140.jpeg

Benoît Sokal
Although he is actually a Belgian comic artist, he is also creator of the point and click type adventure type games especially the series "Syberia" Benoit Sokal's ambition was to create a world that the player can interact with and experience a detailed story consisting of investigation and twists now although Syberia 1 and 2 were great for it's time they still lacked the ambition he seems to have had for the games and that shows mostly in his latest game Syberia 3 where he wanted to add more interesting puzzles and a continuation of story but his ideas are just inconsistent and everything falls flat because he includes shallow puzzles, embarrasing levels of uninspired gameplay but his focus on narrative doesn't deliver either despite that being the focus for his games.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bit of a mean thread.

I'd put producers who are more predatory on people's wallets over producers who's talent might not match their ambition, but, hey, that's just me.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see this thread going well. I don't expect there to be a lot of nuance, mostly shitslinging and insults.

I'm not looking for a positive echo chamber but I don't really see this being necessary.

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
If you think David Cage is one of the worst video game designers ever, you need to play more games.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like David Cage (as TBFP would put it, he make ze bad game) but also starting a thread specifically to roast him is something that will not end well no matter how you slice it

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Yes how dare David Cage produces something that you personally do not like. Clearly that must mean he is the worst gaming producer....

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bit mean. Especially with the photos.

Begs the question, where's the game you've designed?

Jojo Leir

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm naming myself for starting to create half a dozen RPG Maker games and never finishing any of them.

But yea, this is a bad idea for a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.