• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pramod

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's face it, the wall will never be built.
He is deporting people at a lower rate than Obama has.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...79f191668ed_story.html?utm_term=.08f2ce658ae1

And if he ends up forcing Congress to pass DACA into law (in exchange for something minor like an end to visa lotteries for example)....wouldn't he ironically end up being more pro-immigration than Obama did?

Of course I'm discounting the horrible PR he's creating with his travel ban, refugee ban, etc...but in reality those contribute very little to the overall immigration numbers....

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
John Sandweg, the former acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said part of the reason for the decline is that illegal border crossings have plunged since Trump took office pledging to build a "big, beautiful" wall and crack down on illegal immigration. Immigrants caught at the border accounted for a significant share of deportations under the Obama administration.

from your own article op

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Since the administration is cutting refugee entries by half (the lowest since the 80's when the last jackass tried to blame the nation's ills on immigrants), and saying they intend to reduce in all categories, it seems pretty damn unlikely.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I don't think being horrible incompetent at passing any of his agenda makes him "pro" the opposing agenda lol. He's still anti-immigration. He just sucks at governing.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User was banned for this post: Inappropriate content, duration: 1 week
It wouldn't be ironic because Trump is very pro immigrant. He's just very smart about who he wants to let in. Liberals want no borders. Pangea. Fantasy land. But, the bad PR Trump has gotten has distorted his message on immigration so people thinks he hates immigrants.

Obama was all PR. Mental manipulation. Won a Nobel Peace Prize like in his first two weeks in office. Did nothing to deserve that. Droned the fuck out of countries. Deported more immigrants. He was a christlike figure to liberals. That HOPE poster... total cult of personality. People were brainwashed. He was rewarded for just being. Oh, he talks so eloquently and he's tall and skinny, and even though his policies stink and are deadly, he looks the part so he's God to us.

Sadly, Trump became a nazi the day he started bashing Obama so even if his policies end up being better for immigrants, mainstream media and radicalized liberals won't acknowledge it. They'll goof on the way he talks even though it's relatable to the common man. He's portrayed as an idiot. He's orange apparently. He has small hands. They dehumanize him. And that's the MSM's fault, and the fault of the radical left. There's a hatred there of people who have not gone through your typical liberal arts level education. Look at the "do you know any trump supporters irl" thread on here... Pure disdain for the common man. Everyone is an idiot or has regrets.

Anyway, that wall better be built. I personally don't want it. I live in NY so I couldn't care less. But that was a huge promise to his supporters. The promise next to locking Hillary up in prison. I don't see them investigating Hillary (even though they should) so... That was what separated him from the other candidates. To not deliver on that would be a huge blow to his re-election.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
^ What the hecky am I reading. lol

Anyway, Trump "failing up" is the only way it would work out. Not ironic. Just.. failing up.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand this weird phenomenon of people fantasizing about Trump being a far better president than he is. Trump as President is anti-immigration. Trump is in no way "pro-immigrant."

Tideas

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Let's face it, the wall will never be built.
He is deporting people at a lower rate than Obama has.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...79f191668ed_story.html?utm_term=.08f2ce658ae1

And if he ends up forcing Congress to pass DACA into law (in exchange for something minor like an end to visa lotteries for example)....wouldn't he ironically end up being more pro-immigration than Obama did?

Of course I'm discounting the horrible PR he's creating with his travel ban, refugee ban, etc...but in reality those contribute very little to the overall immigration numbers....

Err, did you even read the article you link to? I would WANT my president to deport criminals. why the fuck do I want criminals in my country? Trump is deporting less people than Obama, INCLUDING criminals. not only that,
Another factor, however, is that immigration officials are arresting more people who never committed any crime — some 4,100 immigrants in June, more than double the number in January — clogging the already backlogged immigration courts and making it harder to focus on criminals.

he's jamming the justice systems with non criminals. so the peeps Trump is deporting aren't criminals, and because of that, he's deporting less criminals than Obama. this is a bad thing. deporting less criminals than obama does not make trump more pro-immigrants.

What are you? Russian?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The article literally says thanks to the ICE harassing folks who haven't committed crimes, it's been harder to do anything about those who have.

Trump certainly has not been better for immigrants

The ICE has become horror show but sure Trump is better on Immigration... Give me a break.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Article in the OP is from August, and the it would seem the OP didn't read all of it.

Also from August, NPR: Trump Unveils Legislation Limiting Legal Immigration
President Trump unveiled controversial legislation on Wednesday that would sharply curtail legal immigration to the United States.

The president met at the White House with two Republican senators pushing the legislation, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and David Perdue of Georgia.

One of Trump's campaign promises was to reduce immigration, illegal and legal. The Cotton-Perdue legislation, also known as the RAISE Act (for Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy), would cut by half the number of legal immigrants accepted into the U.S. each year.

As NPR's John Burnett reported,

"Their bill would do three things: First, limit the number of foreign nationals who are able to get green cards to reunite with their families already in the U.S. — currently the largest category of legal immigrants; second, cut the number of refugees in half; third, eliminate the diversity visa lottery — a program that gives visas to countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

"Cotton says the number of green cards awarded each year — about a million — is excessive.

" 'In one year, this would reduce it to around 600,000,' Cotton says. 'Over the span of the 10-year window, it would fall to about 500,000.' "​

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I am not convinced he will not build the wall, and I would argue that his ICE agent roundup is quite hostile. I really don't like reading the fantasy pro-trump arguments, as if he has any intention of these things. He has made his stance quite clear.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It wouldn't be ironic because Trump is very pro immigrant. He's just very smart about who he wants to let in. Liberals want no borders. Pangea. Fantasy land. But, the bad PR Trump has gotten has distorted his message on immigration so people thinks he hates immigrants.

Obama was all PR. Mental manipulation. Won a Nobel Peace Prize like in his first two weeks in office. Did nothing to deserve that. Droned the fuck out of countries. Deported more immigrants. He was a christlike figure to liberals. That HOPE poster... total cult of personality. People were brainwashed. He was rewarded for just being. Oh, he talks so eloquently and he's tall and skinny, and even though his policies stink and are deadly, he looks the part so he's God to us.

Sadly, Trump became a nazi the day he started bashing Obama so even if his policies end up being better for immigrants, mainstream media and radicalized liberals won't acknowledge it. They'll goof on the way he talks even though it's relatable to the common man. He's portrayed as an idiot. He's orange apparently. He has small hands. They dehumanize him. And that's the MSM's fault, and the fault of the radical left. There's a hatred there of people who have not gone through your typical liberal arts level education. Look at the "do you know any trump supporters irl" thread on here... Pure disdain for the common man. Everyone is an idiot or has regrets.

Anyway, that wall better be built. I personally don't want it. I live in NY so I couldn't care less. But that was a huge promise to his supporters. The promise next to locking Hillary up in prison. I don't see them investigating Hillary (even though they should) so... That was what separated him from the other candidates. To not deliver on that would be a huge blow to his re-election.
Kuroyume, you put a lot of thought into this pro-Trump conspiracy and persecution complex. It's impressive, actually.