• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One gaming thing I would do of course

Is buying 4 Mario Kart GP DX arcades

That's one of my dreams anyway, you dont need a million for that
Just 20.000 euro or dollars and a lot of space
But playing the Mario Kart arcade with my friends in my own house
I can truely call that a dream of mine :-D

( Plus of course a professional pool table)

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely decrease. I'd be traveling and seeing new stuff, no time to game then.

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
Increase for sure, I'd retire in a heartbeat. Definitely would do some traveling and stuff but with all that time I'd absolutely game more than now.

Last edited:

v0rt3x

Oct 27, 2017
Great question. It would definitely decrease for the first year or two. I would travel the world, buy a few houses. I'd eventually come back to gaming once I've seen the world and am content.

John Marston

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely increase. I'd be living the life, make sure my family is set for life, engage in a few investments and other passive sources of income to make sure my money is sustainable.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Increase. Not only mine, but my friends' too. I would buy them out of their jobs so we could hold lan parties weekly.

Oct 27, 2017
Increase, I wouldn't have to deal with all the working bullshit. I could spend my days helping people and enjoying life.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably buy a lot more games, but my heavy backlog would mean that I would never want to play games.

I played games a lot more when I was in poverty.

Mikey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Decrease. Seeing the world and being active vs staying in a room sitting on your ass. It's not a hard choice.

Mikelarry85

Oct 27, 2017
Would be the same as I currently spend which is if the game excites me and no bs lootboxes or anti consumer tactics then i am more inclined to purchase

Darkwing17

Oct 29, 2017
Winning 100M would mean I will travel worldwide... and less time in front of a screen or in front of a table.

Which means less time gaming.

methodiczero

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Yeah....... i think it would drop off entirely. The want and enjoyment would still be there...... but i would be traveling the world with no worries and doing things ive always wanted to do. Gaming isn't going anyplace, but i only have so many years to go to all the places I've ever dreamed of going before i cant do it anymore

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Massively increase. Though initially it would decrease as I would move to Japan and get some nice Japanese women and have them dressed in French maid outfits so they can serve my every need.

And then it will be 14 hours a day, 7 days a week of gaming, until I move to Mars. Then, I dunno.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It would certainly increase the time I spend playing games. I'd not have to work, and would have a lot more free time. I'd travel more, but still not often.

Though even then I don't think I would be able to go back to how much time I spent playing before my son was born.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
It would decrease, I'd be too busy moving to another country and cutting my family out of my life.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't make a difference mostly likely. Actually yeah it would decrease it in the short term because I'd be doing some stuff in life I always wanted to do and won't have a ton of time to game.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
it would improve my life a whole lot in such a degree that yes I would probably game less lmao

Ludono

Oct 27, 2017
Probably decrease, I'd much rather explore the world and do things while I'm young. That said, I would probably need some rest in between and build some badass gaming house for that ;D

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Decrease drastically, though there's still plenty of time to kill on flights around the world.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Decrease for sure. I only play games on weekdays when I get home from work and no one else is home and there is no time to go do anything. Would be travelling, adventuring full time.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Even though I'd travel a lot more, with not working I expect I'd still have a lot of time to fill. Travel time would be a thing, going from place to place, I'd have a Switch or something for that. Plus, travelling all the time every day for the rest of your life would be immensely tiring (especially when going somewhere hot) and not very realistic I think, I'd still end up with plenty of times where I'd be at home, wanting quiet evenings in, or spending whole days just lazing about playing something fun.

Last edited:

sourbeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
aww here
Probably increase at first, depending on if I quit working outright. There'd be a splurge in there somewhere to catch up on a bunch of series. But I'd like to think I'd be doing plenty of other frivolous stuff with that kinda money lol

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would decrease due to me being too busy pushing to achieve my dream to film movies, including a Metroid Movie. That or work for Nintendo as their trailer cutter. I'd love to make some amazing trailers for Nintendo Directs and E3, stuff that would really get people excited

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Increase. VASTLY Increase. I wouldn't have a job taking 9 hours of my day every day. I mean, sure, I'd travel; Still wanna get some more time in my hobby though.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Increase. Would be retired and travel to one or two places during the summer due to better weather and it being quiet/dead for new games getting released. Then, from September through May, all about gaming.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely decrease. If I could fund all the pet projects in my head I'd only play games when I really needed to veg out.

Massively increase. Though initially it would decrease as I would move to Japan and get some nice Japanese women and have them dressed in French maid outfits so they can serve my every need.
this is honestly creepy and not funny

Oct 28, 2017
Periods where it'd increase, periods where it decrease.

Would probably go traveling first with the money. Could theoretically take my Switch and my Macbook with me an play something but I don't like doing that when I'm in another country. Then there will be days when I'm bored in my house that I bought with the money and just play something.

Would definitely increase the amount of games I impuls-buy.

This is exactly what I would've said as well. I'll add some other points of what I would do with that kind of money:

1. I'd take my brother and best friends with me to go see E3 every single year.
  2. I'd go visit Japan and try to visit some of my favourite studios as a fan and a potential 'investor' and meet with some of my personal favourite developers.
  3. I'd buy the PS2 Silent Hill Collection (Region 2) and everything related to that franchise.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
100 million dollars is a lot of money, especially if you live in a country with a lower cost of living. I'd be doing less gaming for a month or two setting up all the things that would save me for ever having to work again (perpetually rolling time deposits with periodic interest crediting, condominiums for rent in high demand areas, a nice fat bonds fund), build the gaming pad of my dreams, then resume playing like nothing ever happened (punctuated by monthly overseas trips to keep the wife happy).

Edit: With all the free time saved from not having to go to work, I'd probably exercise a whole lot more as well. Gotta keep healthy to extend the time I have to enjoy all that shit!

KingLear

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah once the money is taken care of (income properties, hedge fund, all that good stuff.) If probably do a lot of more gaming between work( I'd go crazy being at home all day) and social obligations. But now with 1000% more cocaine.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Increase it all the way.
nEpED8w.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Decrease, at least for a period of time. I would very likely buy tools and a work area that would allow me to explore other hobbies more that I currently don't have a way to do much with. I'd most likely buy quite a few woodworking, and metalworking machines as well as materials and a very large work area. As opposed to my curent setup of a garage filled with boxes and old car's that keep me from even so much as frequently being able to use a table saw.

I'd also likely want to travel to a few countries I've always had an interest in, so that would decrease my gaming time (except during plane trips etc).

Lastly I'd probably be interested in going back to school for other interests of mine even though I wouldn't really care to get a degree in those fields. It'd be nice only going to school for interesting classes rather than being held down by all the irrelevant coursework you normally are forced to complete.

While these and others things would likely decerase my time playing games, the extra money would be nice to make my gaming setups even nicer and I'd end up with a much more enjoyable experience when I was still playing games.

Oct 31, 2017
Drastically decrease. I'll be traveling, sleeping, speeding in some exotic car.

Prob start some orphanage or program for kids that are less fortunate. That will eat up all my time.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
Decrease in console and pc gaming while increase in mobile gaming because I'm definitely going to spend time attending classes, meeting investment consultants,, doing volunteer works and traveling. If only money could cure my phone addiction.

RoslindaleOne

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Decrease. I want to go out and see the world. Run my own restaurant/pub. Craft beer and whiskey. So much I want to do.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't know because I'm not in the position.

It's either I spend all my time gaming or spend all my time spending all those money.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
im broke and my gaming time is low.
100m would deff further decrease it for me lmfao