• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
Increase, increase, and... Yeh, bloody increase. The state of the world at the moment has me a little wary about travelling around, so while they're a few locations I'd pop by you can only spend so much time away from home as well. Could you imagine the setup 100 million would get you?!

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'd quit my job even after coming into money like that. Maybe a long vacation. I'd say my time spent playing games would be relatively unchanged.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
I think I'd spend about the same. Travel and my photography would replace work, so my Vita would get more love. But I think I'd still spend a similar amount of time gaming.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the possibility of being able to get good enough to get large sums of money does contribute to me playing Siege even if only a little. I've gotten up near there by joining teams and completing in the smaller tournaments and not doin so bad.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
It'd probably mainly shift and spike before going down. There's a lot of neat stuff you could get with that money even if you don't aim high, like a good VR setup and making as high end of a PC as is possible before the increases are imperceptible, but there's also so much to see and do with that kind of money. Would probably be a good way to enjoy yourself while the reality set in and you got everything sorted out.
Increase, increase, and... Yeh, bloody increase. The state of the world at the moment has me a little wary about travelling around, so while they're a few locations I'd pop by you can only spend so much time away from home as well. Could you imagine the setup 100 million would get you?!
On the other hand, this is a really good point. Still, there's probably a lot to see and do in the local area or at least your country.

Last edited:

Kinopio

Oct 27, 2017
That's a tough one. Initially there would be a decrease, but I'd probably end up with more game time after things settled down.

I'd never work again, aside from charity work.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Probably stay the same. I rarely make time for it as is, and the things I do with my money probably would not change all that much aside from spending more.

Might decrease then increase though. Would buy all new gaming setup and room to do it in. Then buckle in for a few days at a time.

Jader7777

Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Increase, I'd also buy everyone I know consoles and games. Basically, I would increase the net gaming in my area. I would even build an arcade, like a real arcade with 50 Daytona units and oh man oh man life is so unfair.

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Decrease for a good while while I'm busy going around buying and doing all the stuff I wanted in life.

Popokarimu

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Drastically decrease, at least for awhile. I'd end up traveling a lot and visiting friends and family.

Mike_Hawk

Oct 30, 2017
You already know it's gonna increase to first class ticket with a switch and more gaming once I land to new countries.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would be able to start research and development for a CPU that can play assassins creed origins and most likely be playing more games in the meantime.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Decrease for a year while I travel the world then increase after that after I'm settled and not working a 9-5. Most of my time would be gaming, dating, investing and starting business.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Probably increase a little, I would start my own games company with my brothers and maybe hire some others too. And probably go with a 6 hour work day :D

Oct 27, 2017
$100 million?
the average budget for a japanese game is $3m
I can finally make my dream games come true.

What's that? I have to save money for my future kids? Oh...

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Games would still be an unwinding time, but I'd likely start some personal projects that would take up all of my time.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Decrease while I get things together to be comfortable for the rest of my life and then maybe indulge in some traveling or what have you, and then I'd have a massive increase to catch up on what I missed... and also probably just fund a few dream games out of pocket. Phantasy Star V, Skies of Arcadia II, and a Harvest Moon 64 remake at long last!

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Increase, I'd actually afford to get some downtime, as it is I barely have any time or energy to game

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Probably decrease, as I'd have the money to focus on travel and charity, which is what I do full time were I rich.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Vastly decrease. I'd travel the world and make memories. Gaming is more my relax when I'm too tired to do something better hobby.

Also, I missed your other thread. I'd quit gaming for enough money to retire and live comfortably (not luxuriously). Not sure that that number is. Again, I enjoy gaming but it's becoming less of a priority as I near 40.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Significantly for the first year, then I'd start traveling a ton and would most likely move to Japan and live out the rest of my life there, playing games, hiking, being fit, and living a Larry David-style diet.

Dernus

Oct 27, 2017
Increase cause I'd buy a house for competitive gaming with all my friends. I'd also travel to some bucket list places once I get settled in.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
About the same. Will travel bur since I will bring my switch along for flights and long transport.

Steven35

Oct 28, 2017
United kingdom
The same i reckon.I don't know what i'd do with all that money,i'm not a materialistic person.After a couple of holidays and helping my mum,dad and brothers out,i'd still be gaming.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Decrease. A lot.

I mean right off the bat I'd have better things to worry about, like investing some of that money to secure a comfortable living for the rest of my life, hiring a good lawyer and bodyguard because I just won an unbelievable amount of money, buying a new house...

Then my life of leisure would probably involve traveling and sightseeing and other activities to the point that sitting in front of a computer/TV would be something I'd only occasionally do. Switch would still prove useful for private jet rides, as others have pointed out.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
To be honest it would increase because I'd straight up allocate $50m to set up my own development studio.

The remaining $50m would be used to scalp all the up coming (probably) Nintendo mini 64 classic consoles so I could sell them all for triple the price and use that money to fund another studio.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I would immediately quit school without any kind of hesitation, move somewhere nice (I really want to live in a rural place that still has fiber. I wouldn't move to New York or anything like that), and yeah, I would game a lot, buying every game at launch on Steam and shit.

I would also travel a lot and do crazy shit but I would I still game a lot, I'm convinced of that. Like, I would have some kind of crazy gaming room, with a stupidly huge projector or something.

Vir

Oct 27, 2017
Western Australia
It would decrease for me for a while, I'd invest some into my currently business - to the point where I wouldn't have to work day to day in it.

After that I'd travel, but in the end I would still be playing as they are a great form or relaxation for me.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I could pay someone to game for me. So I could watch them on twitch an-

....Wait.