• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Yeah let me explain my point: I'm wondering when publishers will make the jump to digital only and if, Ok so first of all, if you're actually reading this, please don't answer to the title's question. I don't care when or if games will go digital only. This thread is kind of an experiment to see how many people actually read an OP before posting.

If you're reading this, answer to the following question instead: Are you a cat or a dog lover, and which games do you think have great cats or dogs in them?

I'm a cat lover, and I think The Witcher 3's cats and Zelda Twilight Princess' cats are awesome! You can actually pick up TP's cats (and dogs) and run around with them, which looks way too cute. Also in The Witcher 3 there is an inn called "Seven Cats Inn" and there are actually seven cats running around.

I think this thread could end up hilariously. Also, I hope this is not against the rules. Just trying something fun and hopefully interesting here.

Thank you for reading!

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For me, digital only...

...game Mineko's Night Market looks like it has the best cats.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
No

Cats.

Speaking of cats, that game from the Nindies direct looks very promising!

I'm waiting for the first person to say Nekopara xD

But I love dogs as well, especially video game doggos.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Consumers should have options.

Like the option between buying two cat games or four cat games. I can't wait for Mineko's Night Market. Will have the best cats for sure. For dogs, the Good Boy in Breath of the Wild is confirmed Best Boy. In general, I'm more of a dog person, but the current offerings of games with cats are better.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
love me some mhw cats, except when my palico fails to help me after signaling it(about 95% of times)

OP
OP
60fps

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017

Like the option between buying two cat games or four cat games. I can't wait for Maneko's Night Market. Will have the best cats for sure. For dogs, the Good Boy in Breath of the Wild is confirmed Best Boy. In general, I'm more of a dog person, but the current offerings of games with cats are better.
I like this answer ^^

love me some mhw cats, except when my palico fails to help me after signaling it(about 95% of times)
Oh, yeah!

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington

Like the option between buying two cat games or four cat games. I can't wait for Maneko's Night Market. Will have the best cats for sure. For dogs, the Good Boy in Breath of the Wild is confirmed Best Boy. In general, I'm more of a dog person, but the current offerings of games with cats are better.

Oh never heard of this!

Best cat is clearly Blinx.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'm fine with all digital, but only if we get rid of stupid DRM schemes and put cats in every game.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Cats ftw.

And since I came here under the pretense of the topic's question, I'll still answer it. No, I'm not fine with that scenario at all.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
If they cost $40 on launch and the console have 5TB then yeah I'll be fine with that

Edit: oh shit, my bad lol

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
I would be fine with a digital only distribution but physical will always be around in some regard.

And I'm not choosing between cats and dogs, it's a ridiculous question...I legitimately don't know which one I love more. Overwatch has great cat sprays and icons that I love though.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
No. I hate it being all digital.
Cats. I like Gatomon from the digimon games, never really thought about it. All people should have answered the fake question first btw,some people probably only read the tital and the last comment so they accidentally didn't get tricked.

Feb 10, 2018
No , i like the option of physical games aswell.

I like dogs and cats too, I like the dog in fable 2.
But to be honest implementations of dogs and cats in games has been pretty shallow.

The first A.I should be a realistic videogame dog companion.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more of a cat person, and you wouldn't download a cat, would you?

The best cats? I don't know, but the kitty in Shenmue is adorable and you can pet him. I was kind of disappointed with the cats side mission in Yakuza 6, there were not much interactions with them besides feeding them.

Edit: I like dogs too, especially Shibas.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I despise dogs, refuse to have them in my house just as I refuse to go digital only.

Cold day in hell before either one happens. Cats I can tolerate for brief periods of time.

No game has ever benefited from having either one incorporated into gameplay.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cat person by a wide margin. Morgana from P5 in normal cat form is adorable.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm 100% digital already. Discs existing have absolutely zero effect on me and I understand why people need them.

I would like to see some of the savings passed on to digital users though. Ha.

Fuck. Outed.

Last edited:

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I love having a physical thing for my money, but all digital is the future rather you like it or not.

Just like cats and dogs. We love the lil' ones, petting and cuddling them. But things change, we live busy lives, and once we are all living in VR it's going to be hard to care for them so; Digital cats and dogs! Tamagotchi was ahead of its time.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite my avatar, i am not digital-cats only, i love physical dogs as well...
i don't think i've ever seen a proper cat simulation in a game.
It was funny in the witcher 3 when Geralt looked at a cat straight into the eyes.
Cats and dogs in Yakuza are usually a fun diversion, healingand nourishing them, although very light on simulation, and i think the kitten in first Shenmue looked nice at the time.
The dog in MGSV was a cool dude, even though i think a lot of people would chose as dog game of choice nintendogs :)

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No.
All these digitcal cats would take up way too much hard drive space.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Would you be fine with games being digital-only next gen?
-Yes, I'm almost 100% digital now - the point of buying games is to play games, not to collect them so either format doesnt matter to me but I feel its cheaper and you would have less clutter having to deal with boxes.

Are you a cat or a dog lover, and which games do you think have great cats or dogs in them?
-None. Dont know, dont really focus on it but first thing that comes to mind is King from Earthbound lol

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
zO4HSNd.png

Era's version of this nightmare from 3rd grade.

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really down with this kind of "experiment" . Could we not litter the forum with this kind of crap?

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, only because digital games on the consoles is horribly priced

edit - oh cool an experiment

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I like both a lot, but if I had to pick one, then dogs. D4 has a cool cat lady, does that count?

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hypothetically, digital only needs to make the prices go down. If the standard will be $50 instead of $60, I wouldn't mind. Otherwise, nope.

Nov 8, 2017
No. Nothing against going digital, but I won't do it with digital pricing being as expensive as it is right now compared to physical pricing.

As for the thread question, I don't answer question unrelated to the thread title, but I'm just saying this to make it known that I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.