• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you buy a cheaper non-portable Switch?

• Don't own a Switch, Yes

Votes: 208 23.6%
  • Don't own a Switch, No

Votes: 98 11.1%
  • Own a Switch, yes(if I had the choice)

Votes: 94 10.7%
  • Own a Switch, no(if I had the choice)

Votes: 482 54.6%

• Total voters

Ridill

Oct 27, 2017
California
I primarily use the switch (in my first week of ownership) in dock mode. I find that the portable mode controls are really uncomfortable. It does not have that comfortableness that the traditional portables have. THAT being said, I wouldn't change it. The few times I've used it, it's been pretty clutch (wife wants to watch I show, I turn off my ps4/switch and go portable on the switch) so it's been worth it so far. I just really do wish the buttons were slightly better placed. I can't quite place why it feels so uncomfortable to me...

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
No because I would eventually use it both ways. If I'm home alone it would be docked but if my girlfriend was hogging the big TV I could play handheld. I don't think it would be worth it.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
The main hook about the switch is its hybrid design . I use both modes equally pretty much. I never took it with me outside but I use as a portable inside the house then continue on tv when I want to charge . The hybrid nature of the switch allowed me to have more time gaming as I often get tired of playing in front the tv for long hours so continuing my game while on bed is appreciative