• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you buy GTA V for the Switch at full price even if it came with no online?

• Yes

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • How about you put the 3D trilogy on Switch instead?

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
gta-switch-mock.jpg

Okay so for as long as the Switch has existed, GTA V has been a highly requested title for the system and understandably so. Back when the game released in 2013, I wasn't too hot on it as I felt that it regressed in many aspects. However when GTA Online launched, that completely changed. While it has its flaws, me and my mates have spent countless hours relishing in the absolute insanity and chaos that is freemode PVP, not to mention the fact that Rockstar would always manage to keep the game fresh (like the inclusion of Adversary modes). As far as I'm concerned, it salvaged the god awful single player. Let's assume GTA V received a port for the Switch that runs well in both handheld and docked but with no online and Rockstar charged full price, would you still buy it? Personally I wouldn't as GTA Online is such a crucial part of the GTA V experience. I couldn't get into the base game at all and that wouldn't change with a Switch port at all.

Ben Walker

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
England, United Kingdom
I rarely play Grand Theft Auto V for the online anyway, as long as Director Mode was implemented I'd be fine paying full price.

Considering the price of Switch games nowadays, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Oct 28, 2017
GTA Online sucks and Nintendo Online sucks even more. Online is not a factor. I would buy GTA V for a third time because it's an amazing game and I want it portable.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I have no interest in GTA Online, but I've bought and played through GTA5 twice and see no reason to do either a third time.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Paying $60 to play a 5 year old game running at 600p and 25fps seems like a hot deal to me.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I think Rockstar would be more likely to release standalone GTA Online for Switch than to release a port of GTA5 without Online.

Oct 26, 2017
Hypothetically

A) If I owned a switch
B) They released GTAV on it with no online

Then yes. Never cared about GTA Online.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't buy fully-featured GTA V inc. Online at full price on any platform in 2018 and beyond unless it was a full on VR version of the game.

It would be absolutely fucking silly for Rockstar to put out GTA V on Switch at anything higher than half of the original game's retail price.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
That picture in the OP begs to be photoshopped.

I have a Switch. I triple dipped on GTAV.

I would not buy the game on Switch.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
They can keep Online but they should let me have every DLC vehicle in singleplayer including the TRON cycle.

Give me a customizable character and massive garage space in single player and my complaints would disappear.

My account is already tied to PC, I doubt they would let me transfer to Switch anyways. If we did get Online, I'd start a new account.

A GTA III/VC/SA collection would be swell too

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
I'll buy it for the 4th time I guess however it's highly contingent on the quality of the port. LA Noire runs like shit for me, even changed my sd card thinking that could be the issue but still the same.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I know this isn't exactly a port begging thread, but it's kinda a port begging thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.