• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't think Star Wars--as a setting--is well suited to the sidequest-oriented approach that CDPR leaned into with The Witcher 3. It's always been very character driven and with a focus on a single narrative experience. Even KOTOR had a minimal amount of sidequests and was ultimately about that single narrative throughline.

So unless they wanted to go for something more like The Witcher 2, I wouldn't want CDPR to spend their time crafting an experience that a setting doesn't support all that well.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
nah, disney star wars has too much baggage ,too sterile and cartoony for CDPR . Disney would ask for too much creative control and CDPR should have all the creative freedom they want . As soon as CDPR would make more nuanced characters that question morality disney would throw a fit
Yeah, unlike classic Star Wars.

Luckily, CDPR uses its creative freedom with maturity , not to put free nudes or gore for shock value. CDPR is simply not suitable for Star Wars, they are too edgy.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, unlike classic Star Wars.

Luckily, CDPR uses its creative freedom with maturity , not to put free nudes or gore for shock value. CDPR is simply not suitable for Star Wars, they are too edgy.
you really dont know what edgy means, do you?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
you really dont know what edgy means, do you?
I know. I love The Witcher, both books and games.

And they are edgy compared to Star Wars. And all the games that CDPR has made are edgy, and Cyberpunk seems to be too.
You do something "grim" and "dark" and you already have 15-40 year men drooling. You add extreme violence and sexualization of women and you are already "adult" and "realistic".

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't matter which developer you give it to, Disney will make sure the story sucks. They aren't going to allow any developer to do anything interesting with the story. It'd be set either during the OT or between ROTS and ANH. Forget about KOTOR or post-ROTJ content. That's not happening so long as Disney has control for many years.

At least, it won't happen until Disney gets rid of the stupid ass all-canon approach.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I know. I love The Witcher, both books and games.

And they are edgy compared to Star Wars. And all the games that CDPR has made are edgy, and Cyberpunk seems to be too.
You do something "grim" and "dark" and you already have 15-40 year men drooling.
Kylo Ren is edgy
Having something grim and dark does not mean its edgy . You seem to forgetting a lot of humor from these games then too.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Kylo Ren is edgy
Having something grim and dark does not mean its edgy . You seem to forgetting a lot of humor from these games then too.
Yeah, Kylo Ren is edgy, it's designed so scary and partly pity what an edgy teenager with powers could be.

Star Wars is not a dark franchise. It never has been, before or after Disney. People are obsessed with it, but at the end of the day it is a mainstream franchise that is enjoyed by both children and adults. There may be interesting products that explore other darker aspects of the franchise. But an AAA RPG? No. That is not the essence of Star Wars.

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
There's not really an overarching, expositional narrative told through a variety of cut scenes and dialogue (and dialogue options) but that doesn't mean there's no story. There's plenty of lore and story told by NPCs, items, locations, the atmosphere. I think it's fair to dislike FROM's storytelling vehicle--it's a bit obtuse and needlessly dense at times. I don't think it's fair--or remotely accurate--to say there's no story.

But that's sort of burying the lede here--why do you think good combat and good storytelling (presuming, of course, you recognize your misunderstanding of "story") are mutually exclusive?
Ok but if the difficulty is such that one cannot access the story then to most there is no story.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like a RDR2 like Star Wars game made by rockstar. I role played more in RDR2 than I've ever role played in an RPG.

tokubek

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I have only one left so I wouldn't anyway. Still no though.

For a Dragon Age game by CDPR on the other hand...

A.M.

Community Resettler
CDPR? He'll no. Obsidian? Hell fucking yes, please. KotOR 3 please! And I'll give both of my kidneys ... though, I don't think either of mine are worth anything. They always kidney stones in them, and more just keep producing.

Instead, I'll go through the hell of donating bone marrow.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
After watching The Mandalorian, I would love to see a Star Wars RPG that borrows from The Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption, and Mass Effect where you play as a bounty hunter.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
No. I have zero interest in the SW universe. I haven't even watched the films.

I would give a kidney for a CDPR Mass Effect that's for sure.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Hold up let me do the math...
tenor.gif

Nah.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want cdpr touching star wars to begin with, so no. They're already doing far more interesting settings than that

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Should go with Mistborne or Stormlight archive, far better series and the author would like them too anyway.

Jul 24, 2018
No, CDProjekt doesn't make RPGs, The Witcher was more of an action game than a proper RPG. I'd rather have Obsidian or evne better Larian Studios do a Star Wars RPG.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
CDPRED's games are steeped in black and grey morality, same as the sources they adapted. They tell amazing stories in those settings and I love them for it. Cyberpunk is my second most anticipated game next year (it was 1st, but then Bloodlines 2 got announced).

Star Wars can be a fascinating universe, but with Disney as gatekeepers, I just don't see the fundamental "good vs evil" nature of it being fundamentally altered. And I don't want CDPRED telling a good vs evil story.

I would absolutely love for them to do an adaptation of China Mieville's "New Crobuzon" novels. That'd be like a dream game for me.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
No. EA just needs to realize people want more games like Fallen Order and without having unnecessary micro transactions thrown into

lumzi23

Jan 16, 2018
I don't think Star Wars--as a setting--is well suited to the sidequest-oriented approach that CDPR leaned into with The Witcher 3. It's always been very character driven and with a focus on a single narrative experience. Even KOTOR had a minimal amount of sidequests and was ultimately about that single narrative throughline.

So unless they wanted to go for something more like The Witcher 2, I wouldn't want CDPR to spend their time crafting an experience that a setting doesn't support all that well.

Not really true.

The main story was about finding the maps to the Starforge. On the otherhand there was tons of side quest stuff swirling around that central goal. Its been a while since I beat it and only now going back to it off and on but (and correct me if I am wrong) that is largely how it is.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer my kidneys where they are, thank you. I don't feel like going through dialysis for the rest of my life.