• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you like your frozen desserts?

• Microwaved

• As is

• Stir/Wait for melting without inducing it

• Ben and Jerry will remember this

Results are only viewable after voting.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just soak my metal spoon in hot water prior to scooping it into my bowl and that's enough for me.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
If it's soft enough to scoop then as-is. Otherwise, 10s in the microwave to get it in a scoopable state

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
To get the best out of your ice cream, take it out of the microwave after two minutes and stir, then put it back for another two minutes. Do not consume unless it's piping hot.

Nobody eats ice cream straight out of the freezer, you monsters!

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the adopt-a-user program isn't as good as we thought it was.

We need to teach Terra here how to eat properly. It's going to help him in the future.

I'm still pissed off because of this thread.

I'm sorry, I hoped you voted correctly at least.

People who like melted ice cream are the type of people who like sugar in their coffee

I don't think those are the same BUT I'M WITH YOU!

I once microwaved a stale beer, so I have no room to judge.

What

Why would y-
WHY DYOU_
HWY DOYULD YOUY DO THTA?

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I don't like ice cream if its too soft. I prefer when its rock hard straight out of the freezer (in Japn they don't sell those giant tubs like America so no need for a scooper as everything sold is single serving). And if I buy new ice cream at the market I can't eat it same day because it will have gotten too soft on the trip home. Have to wait till the next day when it gets hard. I also keep my soft cookies in the freezer.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just mix up some cream/milk/sugar and keep that in the fridge? Why go through the hassle of buying ice cream, only to let it all melt?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but no.

Ice cream needs to be cold and solid.

Where do you live OP, Antarctica?

no

bad bear

bad bad bear

giphy.gif

Jesus, I can't stop laughing.

Oct 25, 2017
Never microwaved a shake before but I have a carton of ice cream at work because my coworkers are insane and jack the freezer to Max so that it is impossible to scoop any out without waiting ten minutes.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Home freezers are too cold for icecream but I've never thought of microwaving it. Fresh ice cream is soft enough that that's not needed.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all have poor tastes smh

Just try it and you'll see that microwaved/melted is superior.

kaytee

Oct 28, 2017
USA
Melted ice cream really grosses me out. If it's just a little in the bottom, I can handle it. But nooo no no no I would never microwave it. I don't like cream-based soups either, and I won't drink milkshakes. The consistency is awful to me.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the topic OP. Too many melted ice cream deniers out there nowadays, so this should shut them up.
Well, depends on how you enjoy the ice cream.
If I have a good piece of warm apple pie or warm fruits I will enjoy some melted ice cream with it to the fullest. Especially as Christmas comes closer now and warm deserts gain popularity again.
But normally I like my cold deserts cold.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I microwave ice cream to make it a malleable enough to scoop. But I absolutely microwave milk, chocolate milk, and cereal for 10 seconds. Friends and family think I'm weird, but I don't care because I hate super cold beverages and cereal.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What?

I mean, when I was a kid and I was down to the last bit of my ice cream in the bowl I would mash it up and make it into ice cream soup, but that's about it.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I think I've done this before as a kid, but not in a long time. I much prefer them frozen, and my pie cold. I've known people who like to stir their ice cream until it's melted and flavours go together, but I've never been one.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Joking aside, the main problem I see with microwaving ice cream is that in my house the ice cream comes in a huge family tub, and I'm not about to heat up the entire tub just to make it easier to scoop. So, hammer and chisel it is.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Always do a quick 20 second blast when getting the tub out of the freezer to make it easier to scoop.

Melts in the bowl otherwise while you're working up a sweat battleing to scoop it out.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Back in the early years of microwaveable foods (well not the very early days, more around when they started getting very popular in the late 80s (?)) they sold microwaveable milkshakes, basically rock hard frozen shakes, and to make them drinkable you have to nuke them for a few minutes, and then stir, and you'd end up with a cold but drinkable milkshake. Just wanted to share this since this brought back the memory.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I've done it with Ice Cream cake, and Fudge Tracks.

Not too long though. Just enough to heat up the fudge. I've done this too with chunky chocolate chip cookies.