• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How do you like your frozen desserts?

• Microwaved

• As is

• Stir/Wait for melting without inducing it

• Ben and Jerry will remember this

Results are only viewable after voting.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I'll sometimes stir it for ages so it goes smoother but microwaving it is not ok

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused on whether this is for temperature reasons, like it's too cold to eat (in which case OP needs sensodyne) or whether it's a consistency thing. consistency wouldn't make sense because you shouldn't have to melt a milkshake more, it should already be blended and all and flow enough that you can get it through a straw.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warm a spoon up under hot water for a few minutes and voila, you can cut thru that ice cream like butter.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm reminded of Red Dwarf's gazpacho soup episode.

But honestly, though, if I didn't want to eat something cold, I wouldn't be eating ice cream.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Between this and the some dudes don't wipe after poo thread I'm starting to think I'm in the darkest timeline. Am I normal or am I the outcast?

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
If you microwave your ice cream or milkshakes the devil is going to fuck you right in the goddamn bellybutton you grotesque monstrosity.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
only time I microwave ice cream is if I pull it out of the freezer and it's too cold for me to scoop out. Maybe a few seconds to soften it up.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I hate rock hard ice cream. Normally I will wait for it to soften on its own but I'ven been known to zap it in the microwave when I'm extremely lazy and impatient.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Part of the reason ice cream shops like Cold Stone or Marble Slab chop up the ice cream when mixing it is to warm it up. If its too cold you can't taste all the flavors, so I kind of understand this sentiment.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I know the ideal method for many would be to simply eat/drink your choice of frozen dessert cold, but personally most ice creams and milkshakes are too cold for my liking, so 10/10 times if given the option I'll warm them up in a microwave. Nothing as unruly as heating it until it gets hot, but I generally heat them until they melt and aren't as thick and not super cold. There has to be at least ONE other person who agrees that this method tastes good (and is secretly superior to cold ice cream/milkshakes). A lot of people will dismiss this alternative method without even attempting to try it, but I swear if you do this once you won't ever want frozen ice cream ever again.
Scared-kid-holding-a-cross.jpg

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I'll microwave a milkshake that I put in the freezer overnight. I'll heat it up to where I can maneuver a straw around in it. It's still thick and cold though...but possible to drink through a straw.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
Lets just take the Ice out of Icecream while we're at it.

The mere suggestion of warming up Icecream should be bannable.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think I read somewhere that when Jared Leto needed to get fat to play the guy who killed John Lennon in some movie, he chugged microwaved vanilla ice cream.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember being able to buy "Microwaveable Milk Shakes" back when the microwave fad was really taking off. Basically it was a rock hard frozen drink in a cup, and you'd nuke it for a few minutes, and stir, and it would be the right consistency and temp.

user-image-1349310910_thumb.jpg

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
I fee like microwaving kinda ruins the ice cream/milkshake. If the ice cream is hard to scoop out, I'll just run the spoon under hot water and then try again.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
Madness, I would say ice cream is not cold enough, it should be hard as a rock