• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Please Sony, can I have some more bc?

• Yes

Votes: 497 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 51 9.3%

• Total voters

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me personally, I don't care because I wouldn't play any PS1 (or PS2) games nowadays anyway but if it they were to add it, it would be great added value for the PS4 console and momentum going forward.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
No because there will still be 50Hz bullshit as seen with the PS Classic. Also they handled PS2 Classics for PS4 shitly. I don't trust them to handle classics well anymore

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Who wouldn't?

I'd love it. It's probably the best gen in terms of creativity.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Yes Yes 1000x YES.

It's one of the reasons why I have my PS3 hooked up still. I've also spent too much on a PS1/CRT setup with RGB, although playing that way makes me feel like a kid again.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i wont ever use it (as most people likely wont), but it shouldnt be an issue to just use an emulator.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I'd like BC with PS1, PS2 and also PS3, it would be the ultimate Sony console, one to rule them all.

Of course there're issues that prevent that from ever being feasible, but yeah.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can play PS1 games literally everywhere (PS3, PSVita, PSP and so on...), I have no interest in PS1-PS4 BC.
Said that only BC which would make everyone happy is hardware BC, software BC would be affected by licensing issues as usual.

Deleted member 17952

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice, but realistically I never do use it when it's there. I've bought a ton of PS Classics, but so far the only game I have finished is Symphony of the Night (which I've already finished for the nth time).

It's true what they say, I want it but I never use it when I do have it.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
It would be amazing on the PS5 to be able to go onto the digital store and buy any game released for PS1-4, vita/psp and download it straight to the console and have the entire ecosystem on one device. That would be my dream.

Apr 19, 2018
Sure. There's plenty of PSOne games I'd love to fire up again on the PS4.

BUT..... if the Dual Shock input lag is as bad as it was on PS3's compatibility, then I'm not so sure. Made playing precision-based games like Umjammer Lammy and Bust A Groove nigh impossible.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I like playing them on Vita but I really doubt that I'd use the little time I have to sit in front of the big screen with my PS4 to play PSone games.
Wouldn't hurt to have the feature of course.

I remember back on gaf a ton of people were blown away when someone mentioned that the PS3 could play PSone discs lol (this was in 2015), makes you wonder how much people really care about BC even on forums like this.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I would like it but I probably not use it.

PS1 games on a modern TV's would look terrible.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yes.

I've been playing a few PS1 Classics a lot the last couple of weeks on my Vita and I'd much rather be playing them on a big screen. I don't have a PS3 anymore.

I'd even rebuy a few of them if they have to be resold again and they aren't able to honor their old PS1 Classics licenses from the PS3.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think we need PS1-4 BC on PS5.

The only hard one there is PS3, but maybe they can pull it off.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
There's literally no reason to say no to this. Having it there won't effect (affect?) you if you don't want to use it so why not let those of us who would like it, get it.

I like wouldn't use it myself though tbh. Most of my PS1 playtime is on my Vita and if I want to play on a tv I'll just swap the memory stick into my PSTV, poor scaling be damned.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Really dreaming we can PanBC next gen - PS1 through 4 + PSP and Vita, physical and digital compatibility.

(that poll is kinda pointless by the way. by what rationale would you vote "no"?)

lol truth - though I suppose if a Sony rep is trawling Era they might be interested in it as marketing data. Preeeeetty big stretch tho

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Till this day the ps4 is the only ps console that is not BC with ps1. Sony are losing money on this one and I'm sure, they have the emulator/software ready. Just need to "flip" the switch god damn it.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand the point of these fantasy threads. "Hey Era, Would you like <insert scenario that's good for literally everybody>?"

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada
I mean, I'm not going to get bent out of shape if it was there, but I give negative fucks about PS1 games in general, to say nothing about whether I can play them on a PS4.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Of course. The only reason I haven't replayed RE2 in anticipation of the sequel is my niece has my PS3 and I don't believe in takebacks.

Plus the revival of Jawmunchers sale thread has me itching to play Dino Crisis 2 again.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. The fact they never bothered to do this combined with PS2 classics also not carrying forward soured me on Playstation as a brand. Previously it was the default thing they would do with all previous systems, I wanted that crossplay to continue forever.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
If by BC you mean, can I stick my retail disc in the console and play it, like my 60gb PS3 did... Yes, I would absolutely love that.

Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't you like the feature to be a thing though for other people? Are you only concerned with yourself? Not coming at you, just genuinely curious why you wouldn't want such a nostalgia friendly feature to be there for those who care about it.
Because it's not what OP is asking. He literally asks if I'm interested in this feature, and I honestly telling that I'm not. Turns out it offends someone!

Last edited:

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
c9ugpxbxgaaxn2e4qksm.jpg

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's extremely disappointing that it isn't supported. Same with PSP, and if I'm being honest I'd be surprised if Sony didn't have the capability to get Vita games to run on a PS4.

It's always been incredibly sad to see posters go so far as to criticize others for wanting such a feature, insisting that we instead only care about Sony's perspective.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like all kinds of BC, but mostly I think PS4/PS3 are the essential ones. Any PS2/PS1 BC would just be an unexpected and impressive surprise. Especially if they found a way to use that algorithm that somehow streams in "remade" HD looking textures on the fly or however it was that worked.