• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 10, 2018
Room 1408 is a haunted/cursed/evil hotel room from the short Stephen King novel and film "1408"

1408-2007-8.jpg

1408 has been responsible for 42 deaths, at least 12 of them suicides, over a span of 68 years. The natural deaths are most bizarre in nature from drowning in chicken soup, to heart attack and others.

Would you stay in a room with this history?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No. At best you will leave horribly maimed. Typically most people are only in there for an hour but because of the nature of that room an hour could be days

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes because ghosts don't actually exist and I'm not a character in a Stephen King story.

Lame bonus trivia: 1408 ---> 1 + 4 + 0 + 8 = 13
SpoooOOOooOOOoookkYYYyyYYyyy

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Room 1408 is a haunted/cursed/evil hotel room from the short Stephen King novel and film "1408"

1408-2007-8.jpg

1408 has been responsible for 42 deaths, at least 12 of them suicides, over a span of 68 years. The natural deaths are most bizarre in nature from drowning in chicken soup, to heart attack and others.

Would you stay in a room with this history?
Yes, precisely because of it is history...But that comes from someone who would want to live in Silent Hill...And I am answering seriously

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No, why would anybody.

It's like... "Would you ride in DEATH TRAIN? Death Train has 48 deaths over the last 2 years, all grissly."

Or would you, y'know, ride in normal non-death train

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
having seen the movie of course not. If it was some actual place that was "haunted" though in the real world, absolutely.

s1lver

Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused. Is this a real hotel room that SK has written a story about? Or is it fictional?

I would stay regardless, but..

OP
OP
Anthony Hopkins
Feb 10, 2018
Yes because ghosts don't actually exist and I'm not a character in a Stephen King story.

Lame bonus trivia: 1408 ---> 1 + 4 + 0 + 8 = 13
SpoooOOOooOOOoookkYYYyyYYyyy

But the chance of that many people dying of "natural" deaths has to be 1 in billions.

While there maybe no evidence of Ghosts, we as sure as shit don't know everything about our reality, we only have 5 senses and we don't even know what's outside our universe.

I'm confused. Is this a real hotel room that SK has written a story about? Or is it fictional?

I would stay regardless, but..

Sorry I should of said its fictional.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if a group of people holding hands from the hallway to the room stay for the night? Does the room still have power over them? Only the ones actually inside the room and the ones outside see them hallucinate?

Does the novel have more details about how the room operates?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd stay. I don't believe in ghosts. I'd love to travel around and stay only in "haunted" places just to debunk them.
That's literally the plot

Why do you all keep insisting that you aren't like the characters in the books while saying line for line the motivation of the character in the book?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right but it's also a movie. There are places like this in real life that claim to be haunted that I would gladly stay in. If it's the in universe 1408 though of course you don't stay there unless you're suicidal.
But you don't know until you're in there

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldnt go to any Stephen King locations, Rom 1408 being on the top of the list. Followed by Castle Rock

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Nope. Just like I will never do Bloody Mary and shit like that. I truly don't believe in any of it...but just in case, I ain't gonna risk it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd go hang out in the Overlook though. I don't shine so there's not much of an issue

OP
OP
Anthony Hopkins
Feb 10, 2018
The logic enslin(the guy who stays in 1408) uses to stay in 1408 is not very good, I mean even if Ghosts don't exist, the odds of that many ppl dying from bizarre ways are so low that somthing must be up.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
The one in the movie? Where it's actually haunted? No thank you. I actually thought the movie did a very good job of instilling a sense of dread and evil into a very mundane looking place, although if went a little off the rails once things started getting really nuts.

I'd totally stay in a real life "haunted" room. That shit isn't real, so it'd be kinda fun.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
But you don't know until you're in there

Right but this thread is made with the knowledge already out there. We've seen the movie. Again if you're speaking from a hypothetical, would I stay in places LIKE 1408, which there are. The movie is based on an actual thing people do, seeking out haunted places and staying. I'd gladly stay in the most "haunted" place on earth. But if your thread is asking if I'd stay in the 1408 in the movie, hell fuckin no. We know what happens.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
The one in the movie? Where it's actually haunted? No thank you. I actually thought the movie did a very good job of instilling a sense of dread and evil into a very mundane looking place, although if went a little off the rails once things started getting really nuts.

I'd totally stay in a real life "haunted" room. That shit isn't real, so it'd be kinda fun.

the first 60% of 1408 or so is fantastic.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right but this thread is made with the knowledge already out there. We've seen the movie. Again if you're speaking from a hypothetical, would I stay in places LIKE 1408, which there are. The movie is based on an actual thing people do, seeking out haunted places and staying. I'd gladly stay in the most "haunted" place on earth. But if your thread is asking if I'd stay in the 1408 in the movie, hell fuckin no. We know what happens.
The knowledge of the room's history, not that it's a sentient ghost room

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, the room isn't haunted. It's not a ghost that's killing people. It's just an evil room. Or possibly a larval form of the same kind of monster as Pennywise, but that's speculation.
What if a group of people holding hands from the hallway to the room stay for the night? Does the room still have power over them? Only the ones actually inside the room and the ones outside see them hallucinate?

I'm pretty sure the door needs to be closed for the room to torture people. There's mention of how it has to be cleaned regularly, just like a normal room, and that there are procedures to make sure it can't attack the staff in the process (and what happens when those procedures fail for even a moment).

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, the room isn't haunted. It's not a ghost that's killing people. It's just an evil room. Or possibly a larval form of the same kind of monster as Pennywise, but that's speculation.

I'm pretty sure the door needs to be closed for the room to torture people. There's mention of how it has to be cleaned regularly, just like a normal room, and that there are procedures to make sure it can't attack the staff in the process (and what happens when those procedures fail for even a moment).
Whoa sick

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I remember really liking that movie. Thank you for reminding me of it.

But no, of course not. That's like asking "Would you write your own name in the Death Note?"

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good movies about the Bermuda triangle? The best think like that is and xfiles episode when milder and scilly go back in time lol
I know a movie called Triangle. It has nothing to do with the bermuda triangle but it is about some weird ass time shenanigans in the middle of the ocean

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory

I would imagine at some point not too far into the incursion the room would forcibly shut the door and sever the hands/arms or knock the fuck out of whoever is in the way in the doorway. Then no one could get in or out until the room was done with its guests inside.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
What about the Bermuda Triangle? You know its history but that thing below that takes the people it shipwrecks and adds them to its mass?

Its history as one of the most heavily trafficked shipping lanes in the world, which millions have traveled through safely? The Triangle is actually a great example: there's nothing remotely eerie about it, yet superstitious people have "heard stories" that've convinced them it's cursed or something. So much so that it's entered the zeitgeist.