• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, in real life where ghosts/supernatural demon rooms aren't real.
Although some jackass running this tourist trap would probably jump out trying to scare me at some point.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Read the story (great), saw the movie (eh), and the answer is "fuck no". I'll pass on being psychologically tortured into committing suicide.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Ok reset, here we go:

This was my grandparent's house and home, they completely fixed it up and it was made into a national landmark. Wardner Castle located in Bellingham WA:

1014464.jpg

And yes, it has been reported as haunted. My grandmother was an international antique dealer and loved esoteric and metaphysical occurrences. They commissioned a mural early on, (I was the first grandchild so I made it in!):

lori3.jpg

The artist was unfortunately killed in an accident a few days after finishing the mural.
This is a cropped shot, me and my parents are off screen.

Anyways, floating pipes and ghost cats, people from all over came to stay and experience the Victorian house. Most never experienced much, but some did...

As a word of warning most all online info is factually off, but some of it is spot on. I grew up in the house, watched the Shining in it when I was 5, it was normal to me. Never thought twice when grandma showed me her voodoo dolls from Africa, which she kept in the basement only, or the sculptures she would create when going into a state, the mannequins with their overly realistic eyes that seemed to follow you around the room.

I really miss my Grandma, whether you believe in ghosts, spirits, phenomena, it doesn't really matter. I know who she was and what my life was like.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh please.

Yes, I'll stay in your spoopy hotel room with your trumped-up story about how it's haunted when in reality, you probably just put violent or drunk high profile guests in because it had better sound insulation and had windows not facing the street.

Silent Hill IS a functional town and real people do live there. Just because the protagonists of the games wind up in the Fog World doesn't mean every single person who goes there gets tortured.

Yup, I forget her name, but the little girl you keep bumping into in SH1 probably isn't seeing the fog, the monsters or the rust, she's just running around having fun.

SH only gets you if you did something. There's a pretty good argument that if you're a good person, it likely treats you to a heavenly experience.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
If we're talking about the actual room in the story then the answer is absolutely not. If you mean in real life, yeah, no problem. The thing is, if I recall the short story (never saw the movie), it's not really a haunted room in the traditional sense. It's more cosmic horror - it's a fucked up place where time and reality essentially have no meaning and humans just can't handle it. No one ever really figures out what it even is.

OP
OP
Anthony Hopkins
Feb 10, 2018
If we're talking about the actual room in the story then the answer is absolutely not. If you mean in real life, yeah, no problem. The thing is, if I recall the short story (never saw the movie), it's not really a haunted room in the traditional sense. It's more cosmic horror - it's a fucked up place where time and reality essentially have no meaning and humans just can't handle it. No one ever really figures out what it even is.

Wouldn't all those deaths and there circumstances put you off?

Mar 3, 2019
Ugh please.

Yes, I'll stay in your spoopy hotel room with your trumped-up story about how it's haunted when in reality, you probably just put violent or drunk high profile guests in because it had better sound insulation and had windows not facing the street.

Yup, I forget her name, but the little girl you keep bumping into in SH1 probably isn't seeing the fog, the monsters or the rust, she's just running around having fun.

SH only gets you if you did something. There's a pretty good argument that if you're a good person, it likely treats you to a heavenly experience.

But I thought it had more to do with trauma, then if you did something bad? That one dude looking for his daughter for example

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh please.

Angela did kill her father who abused her several times, as well as he rlother who victim blamed her, but she doiesn't deserve the hell she lives in.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its history as one of the most heavily trafficked shipping lanes in the world, which millions have traveled through safely? The Triangle is actually a great example: there's nothing remotely eerie about it, yet superstitious people have "heard stories" that've convinced them it's cursed or something. So much so that it's entered the zeitgeist.
Of course. If word got out there wouldn't be anymore people to add to its mass

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I always wanted to visit a "haunted" old building and spend the night.

I always liked Ghost stories, real or fake. I just want to witness what everyone claims.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Hey did you guys know that ghosts don't exist

I'll bet you didn't *tips fedora*

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
The logic enslin(the guy who stays in 1408) uses to stay in 1408 is not very good, I mean even if Ghosts don't exist, the odds of that many ppl dying from bizarre ways are so low that somthing must be up.
yep I would never stay there because of that very reason. nobody knows if ghost exist or heck it could be a dimensional demon portal in that room (4th dimension). The movie freaked me out though. I have had bad dreams similar to this movie. Just imagine being in that room for all eternity.

Kozmo

Jan 5, 2018
42 deaths over 68 YEARS? i.e., less than 1 death per year? If there's any kind of halfway decent incentive for me to stay, I'm taking those odds.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I was going to say "yes, of course" but then OP said the room is purely fictional, and I ain't fucking with fictional death room. In the fictional universe, ghosts are possible.