• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 44 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 142 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • NBA?

Votes: 82 28.9%

• Total voters

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
With reports that Durant will again sign a team friendly, one and one contract, this leaves room for the Warriors to once again go out and try to strengthen their lineup again.

If they do land a big free agent name during this off season, and keeping the core 4, would you even care to watch next season, or will it be a solid pass?

Edit:
DeMarcus Cousins, Warriors Agree to 1-Year, $5.3 Million Contract
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-warriors-agree-to-1-year-53-million-contract

Last edited:

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
It makes me laugh that the nba blocked the CP3 trade few years ago but will allow this to happen.

I'd be done. I'm close to being done regardless.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you consider Dwight Howard a "big free agent", they cant land any.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
I'd keep watching... I think that despite the Warriors lineup, it is a great time to be watching basketball.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
With reports that Durant will again sign a team friendly, one and one contract, this leaves room for the Warriors to once again go out and try to strengthen their lineup again.

If they do land a big free agent name during this off season, and keeping the core 4, would you even care to watch next season, or will it be a solid pass?

I haven't watched a full nba game since 2008 ever since the sonics we're stolen

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
They are still cap strapped. If they want to sign Dwight's washed up ass to play 20 minutes a game and sit on the bench during crunch time, more power to them.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really give a shit about the NBA. I'll care a little if my local team gets good, but then I may only pay attention if they start winning the playoffs. Frankly, let them get all the biggest names to continue the farce that is the NBA right now. Yeas I know there were dynasties with teh Lakers and Celtics of the 60s, 70s and 80s, but those teams were built on their drafts. Free agency and building super-teams like today was not possible back then.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I need Lebron on the Warriors for maximum fuckery. I want CHAOS in the NBA.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
They should get Anthony Davis, Kawhii, Lebron, or Paul George. Also try to get Donovan Mitchell or Ben Simmons.

I would love the salt.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't he getting max salary? How is that team friendly?

I believe it's considered "team friendly" in the sense that it saves the Warriors a few million dollars in cap tax, which might mean the Warriors would be less likely to balk at using the Mid Level Exception, which allows them to sign a veteran players for something in the neighborhood of $9-10 million per season. Basically they are going to be able to sign a veteran (past their prime) bench player who might have, at one time, been a household name (see Dwight Howard). People acting like KD is taking the minimum so that the Warriors can sign LeBron or something.

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's within the rules and all that, but team friendly contracts really irk me. It ruins the concept of a balanced, competitive league to me. In my opinion, a player should make what they're worth from a team salary first and sponsors and everything else second. Hopefully the idea doesn't spread to baseball, unless it already has and I'm not aware.

That's just my opinion. I don't know every in and out of every sport's financial systems, so I could be wildly out of touch, but I wanted to say it.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Warriors were the worst team in the league for 40 years and they finally get good (through proper team building and good coaching) and people start to meltdown. Insanity.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
I know it's within the rules and all that, but team friendly contracts really irk me. It ruins the concept of a balanced, competitive league to me. In my opinion, a player should make what they're worth from a team salary first and sponsors and everything else second. Hopefully the idea doesn't spread to baseball, unless it already has and I'm not aware.

That's just my opinion. I don't know every in and out of every sport's financial systems, so I could be wildly out of touch, but I wanted to say it.
Unlikely to happen in baseball. First, there's no salary cap. Secondly, baseball stars don't get the kind of endorsement/sponsor money that basketball stars do so they have more incentive to maximize their contracts.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
I mean, I don't think anyone should be upset at Golden State. They're just playing the roster game and taking advantage of the situation as they should. But yeah, if you already know how the season will unfold it does lessen my interest in it quite a bit. I have no desire to watch a team just coast to multiple titles with no real competition (Houston being a fluke imo). I think the league will have to adjust parity to some degree or interest could wane.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm already done after last season. As a raps fan I've finally accepted the truth that they will never win a championship ever. Probably won't even get to the finals.

Aside from that the parity in the NBA right now is non existent so even the playoffs aren't even fun to watch and haven't been for the last several years. I think the Warriors are gonna win at least the next 2 years anyway even without picking anyone up. No other team is even close to them.

Sly Chimera

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why the rockets might have won the series if Chris Paul was healthy. Let's see what happens.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
It's not happening, they're over the cap and would have to trade for it, and Klay and Dray (probably) aren't going anywhere.

They have a mid level exception ($5m) but they're not landing any 'star' with that.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's not happening, they're over the cap and would have to trade for it, and Klay and Dray (probably) aren't going anywhere.

They have a mid level exception ($5m) but they're not landing any 'star' with that.

The one guy they can get is Dwight, as if he gets bought out he might not be looking for a big money contract. But I don't think Dwight moves the needle much on that roster outside of his name (it's like getting excited if they signed Derrick Rose). He takes McGee's minutes.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It never gets old when people bringing up "Basketball Reasons" and not understanding that it was an outlier and not a precedent. There was zero Adam Silver could have done to prevent KD from signing with the Warriors. They had cap space. He was a free agent.

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure who the Warriors could be adding but the NBA is in a great spot for anyone actually watching. You've got the Celtics who we haven't even seen their potential yet, the Rockets who are going to be better than ever, OKC is going to be completely fired up not losing PG, Lebron and the Lakers potentially, and then not to mention all the other teams on the outside that can be surprising and do things beyond just their last season. The Raptors come to mind of a team that has a lot to prove after last season's playoffs.

There is a lot to look forward to in free agency and next season if you watch the NBA. The Warriors are still stacked but there competition to be had.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
As a Houstonian who just got into basketball recently (outside of March Madness anyway), no.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
The one guy they can get is Dwight, as if he gets bought out he might not be looking for a big money contract. But I don't think Dwight moves the needle much on that roster outside of his name (it's like getting excited if they signed Derrick Rose). He takes McGee's minutes.

Javale was looking long and hard for a better contract last year and finally signed for the minimum with the Warriors. I wonder if he will get something decent this year. I think he will and go, deserves it too.

I doubt Warriors want anything to do with Dwight, he can't be relied upon to be healthy or give 100% in the playoffs. I think they'll make their 'center' moves late. Ultimately they only need to decide on the center after teams like Houston, Cleveland, Boston, Philly make their moves as they're the only teams that matter. And I'd rather take Noel than Dwight.

Some pretty good pieces in this year's free agent class. I'd take Belinelli, Rodney Hood, Kyle O'Quinn, even Rajon Rondo at the $5m level.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
warriors are my adopted team.
my usual team has languished in mediocrity for its entire existence. i'd be thrilled if they could build up into a contender and enjoy it for as long as they can hold it.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
As a Vancouver Grizzlies fan I find this super team stuff to be the most exciting basketball has been since the Grizzlies left town.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
I stopped watching the NBA after Jordan retired (for the 2nd time.)

NBA on NBC / Bulls vs. Pistons / NBA Jam / Slam Dunk (manga) ..... we never getting those days back, so I'm 100% out for life.

Kayo Police

Nov 4, 2017
That and getting annoyed at people who bandwagon. Like who cares if you like pulling for the team that's successful at the moment?

I feel you there, I also hate that there are a ton of posters here that say you can't root for a team if you're not from that area specifically. It's not too bad on the NBA/NFL side of things here, but that shit hits the fan over at Futbol ERA. God forbid if you're American and try to follow a top team in one of the leagues.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch for Doncic and DSJ. The Mavs aren't going to be contending soon but they could have a bright future in a few years.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does the NBA even have a salary cap?

You would think to keep money in the owners pockets, but it's literally to protect them from fucking themselves over contract wise

It still happens still, how many shitty contracts got ballooned up when the salary cap jumped last year

Houston could have had space to grab someone last deadline or this free agency, but they gave a Ben warmer Ryan Anderson 20 million dollar contract. Dead fucking weight.

Have you ever seen the NY Knicks and their God awful contracts

For every salary cap good deal can he had, there's so many bad deals
The league is protecting itself from these stupid owners buying up the purchase rate, that most likely would lose them money

At least it keeps teams in check