• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
pdriver2las01.gif

Deleted member 13037

Fare thee well, Ellsworth. Sad to see him go, but I get it. He was fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube recap tells you a lot about how WWE sees things. They showed Sami and Owens bailing out yesterday, but they edited their exit real quick and didn't show sami's attitude at the end.
At that point we really don't know, after the last weeks, if they are absolutely seen as nothing anymore or if they still have importance on the show. They sure look like goofy shits against the new day. They kinda did what they were meant to do last week a lot in tht match, feed.

To be fair, Survivor Series has put some things on hold because of how it's broken 'kayfabe' within the brands. It's kind of hard to keep Sami and KO moving forward more than they have. However, there is still potential for _something_ to come out of SS with them. Either way, WWE has managed to generate a nice amount of interest in SS this year.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much New Japan talent will be at the ROH show. Surely they have some big names in mind since they've booked such a large venue.

Lets get Okada and Naito on that card, boys.

No way they'd spring for it considering it's so close to their Long Beach show.

Kidani is playing chess. Cody is playing checkers. Gedo is playing Monopoly. Randy is playing Mario Kart.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much New Japan talent will be at the ROH show. Surely they have some big names in mind since they've booked such a large venue.

Lets get Okada and Naito on that card, boys.
I had read Tana was on it (before Omega even) but haven't seen anywhere official so no idea on that one

Normally I'd be interested in the NJPW stuff but after the event here I don't really have high expectations for matchups

That's the thing with Omega. A large part of his appeal is the quality of his matches, with the Elite/character stuff coming second. If they keep bringing him here for throwaway shit like Yoshi Hashi I question how long the appeal will last

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Peak Braun was when they would book deliberately shitty Raw matches and have him come out to kill everyone

Deliciously self aware of how they fill their programming

The throwing of Christmas trees wasn't bad either

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
No way they'd spring for it considering it's so close to their Long Beach show.

whynotboth.gif

2018 needs to be the year of expansion. Now is the time to make a big splash on Mania weekend. convert those super hardcores to spend thousands of dollars on New Japan instead of WWE travel packages where you can go drink wine with kevin nash and watch 8 hour PPVs.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
I had read Tana was on it (before Omega even) but haven't seen anywhere official so no idea on that one

Normally I'd be interested in the NJPW stuff but after the event here I don't really have high expectations for matchups

That's the thing with Omega. A large part of his appeal is the quality of his matches, with the Elite/character stuff coming second. If they keep bringing him here for throwaway shit like Yoshi Hashi I question how long the appeal will last

Yeah I could see him drawing big if they do a bit workrate-y type match (hell, if they do him vs Cody there it would draw even if the match would suck). The Elite as a schtick just isn't very entertaining.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
whynotboth.gif

2018 needs to be the year of expansion. Now is the time to make a big splash on Mania weekend. convert those super hardcores to spend thousands of dollars on New Japan instead of WWE travel packages where you can go drink wine with kevin nash and watch 8 hour PPVs.

Cause they got other shit to do, like build to their April show in Japan. If it happens, great for the people that go there but I wouldn't count on it. If they had any intention of using it as a big splash, they wouldn't do the Long Beach show and just throw all their eggs into a co-promotoed show with RoH in New Orleans. But the didn't, for obvious reasons.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I could see him drawing big if they do a bit workrate-y type match (hell, if they do him vs Cody there it would draw even if the match would suck). The Elite as a schtick just isn't very entertaining.
I like The Elite a lot, I actually think I'd rather see an Elite six man tag over an Omega match with someone I don't give a fuck about

Like if you're gonna send him out here to have less than ideal matchups you may as well go with the more entertaining option

Recall

Oct 27, 2017
Shuji Ishikawa vs. Yuji Okabayashi from BJW 2/2/15 show was insane. The non-deathmatch stuff is way better than I was expecting.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017

BTE still pulls in 100k views on the regular. As much as we scoff at the marks swarming their local Hot Topic, it's a much bigger part of his and their popularity than we would normally give credit for.

I can see his momentum stalling if he gets overexposed in certain regions, but there's no indication that we're on that course right now.

Hell, even in Japan he and Juice pulled in, what, 7k to a show? He's a draw. Maybe not as much as megamarks want to proclaim, but it does appear that he'll pull in a certain amount regardless of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.