• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Just needs more experience is all. You're not going to be a buttery smooth worker after wrestling for a total of 3 years.

Yeah hopefully it comes with time. He's also all about flamboyance but his promos sound really generic. He needs to extend his character to how he delivers his promos. The last thing I would want is for him to go full homoerotic menace but there's room to add more flamboyance without going over that line that will certainly get crossed when he gets called up.

Deleted member 13037

15246%20-%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20laughing%20smiling%20suit%20wwe.jpg
mr_me_too.wav

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Black vs Dream was good, but damn, pump the brakes a bit.

It's the perfect example of a match that benefited a lot from a very well-done feud going into it and a match that, while technically good, was elevated by the hooks that tied back into the feud itself.

Was it a 5-Star classic? No, but it didn't have to be. It was great because it delivered exactly what the story built to and promised.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
McIntyre vs Almas is a pretty great sprint of a match. Never expected them to have such good chemistry.

It's the perfect example of a match that benefited a lot from a very well-done feud going into it and a match that, while technically good, was elevated by the hooks that tied back into the feud itself.

Was it a 5-Star classic? No, but it didn't have to be. It was great because it delivered exactly what the story built to and promised.

Yeah I wouldn't begrudge people saying that it was a feud of the year or something. Too much of a focus on posing for the first half of the match and the overall pace of offense was plodding in the second half. Still a good match with refreshingly simple storytelling. I still really enjoyed it.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
And this is also why Black vs Dream is an example of litetally everything wrong with main roster booking right now. Not being able to do slow burn feuds. The match was awesome because of the storytelling relevant to the feud.

If they were on the main roster, they probably would have had a match the night that Dream approached Black the first time, traded wins, and cap the feud with match #3-4 on some D-tier PPV.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
And this is also why Black vs Dream is an example of litetally everything wrong with main roster booking right now. Not being able to do slow burn feuds. The match was awesome because of the storytelling relevant to the feud.

If they were on the main roster, they probably would have had a match the night that Dream approached Black the first time, traded wins, and cap the feud with match #3-4 on some D-tier PPV.

if it was on the main roster, it would have been a Alisteir Black squash and then after it ended he would call Velveteen Dream a weirdo or something.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm REALLY not looking forward to seeing how Velveteen Dream is used on the main roster.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
i just came back from the future and Brock vs AJ ended after Brock caught AJ flying for a phenomenal forearm and F5'ed him for the pin.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reason why some people don't like Adam Cole is because he is almost too good, and they can't appreciate his greatness.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if it was on the main roster, it would have been a Alisteir Black squash and then after it ended he would call Velveteen Dream a weirdo or something.

It'd be homophobic. He's main event gimmick/ character. I hope he stays off main roster long enough that they don't Tyler Breeze him. Dude is an A lister. I know he's still fresh and such, only 22, but he really does have the tools to make it.

Recall

Oct 27, 2017
everyone in the war games came off looking like a million stars

everyone in the women match came off looking strong.

neither almas nor drew looked weak.

both black and dream came off looking amazing. one would argue dream more so.

is it so fucking hard? is it?

NXT Takeovers are consistently pretty strong, I find it amazing that those in charge also work for the same company that has put on the longest stretch of mediocre PPVs since WCW died.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NXT Takeovers are consistently pretty strong, I find it amazing that those in charge also work for the same company that has put on the longest stretch of mediocre PPVs since WCW died.

At the end of the day there's only one man in charge on the main roster. And in 2017 he's not very good at booking.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I have to say I think the main reason Dain was so impressive tonight was because they really don't let him wrestle on TV much.

He's very clearly super talented though and not just a big guy.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, the War Games part of the match stip felt pretty perfunctory. Fairly normal swings in momentum and not much heel heat to speak of to capitalize on one team having the advantage. At the end of the day it's just an extra long cage match and that's ok.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day, the War Games part of the match stip felt pretty perfunctory. Fairly normal swings in momentum and not much heel heat to speak of to capitalize on one team having the advantage. At the end of the day it's just an extra long cage match and that's ok.

I agree. For the first one in WWE it was pretty damn great. Still a lot left to do and have fun with in the future. With other gimmick matches, I'm curious as to who gets the gimmick of being the master of them.

Recall

Oct 27, 2017

Remember when gimmick matches were the draw? There was a time when just the announcement of a Hell in a Cell made a PPV an instant purchase and now NXT can have WarGames as its thing. I just hope they dont do another for quite a while at least 18 months - 2 years, just to make it even more special.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when gimmick matches were the draw? There was a time when just the announcement of a Hell in a Cell made a PPV an instant purchase and now NXT can have WarGames as its thing. I just hope they dont do another for quite a while at least 18 months - 2 years, just to make it even more special.

In the post-show interview, Triple H said they'd do War Games again "when the time is right".

foggy

Oct 25, 2017

It's a moneymaking business first so I doubt they'll be able to restrain themselves. But only having a handful of events per year may give them the breathing room to make it a true special attraction.

Silly Dunn-esque camera tomfoolery aside, I'm impressed the production crew has made this a coherent match. I think they've only missed one or two spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.