• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Why are the colors wrong

DO-miUxWsAI_AKa.jpg:large

20171114_SurvivorSeries_MensMatch--df90f3fc4957b2de8f1e32caba8b2954.jpg

Kaliso is repping SD apparently

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Keller also added that Andrade vs. Drew was supposed to be a long-term feud. Obviously now that's not happening.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Just gonna go ahead and call War games WWE's show of the year. Dream is so ridiculously talented it's not even funny. If WWE doesn't mess him up he can be big.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
https://books.google.ca/books?id=nPkxDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT233&lpg=PT233&dq="Jim+it's+vince.+Are+you+ready"&source=bl&ots=DiaKKofTUP&sig=gwkIfdlyC0MWLB4Fd19mG_uvPIU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjG0qS_msrXAhWrwVQKHTbRBlQQ6AEIJzAA#v=onepage&q="Jim it's vince. Are you ready"&f=false

BWHAHAHA... this is from JR's book and it's a story of a car ride with Vince... it includes loud music, loud singing, dancing while driving, farts and the cops.

If you ever wanted to know just how crazy Vince McMahon is.... read this... it's literally everything cray about Vince in one anecdote.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Oh right.... it got decimated by losing a bunch of guys due to the Guerrero car incident.... Man that'd be crazy the two guys who go to NJPW the most being LI....

I just thought Volador was just to expand but it's pretty much just down to Rush right now isn't it?

Yeah, Volador has been a heel before so I don't know whey they just turn him already.

Problem with Lee is that he's imo the biggest babyface CMLL has at the moment (along with Marco Corleone, but let's not talk a hot him, lol), so the heel turn is a little risky.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Volador has been a heel before so I don't know whey they just turn him already.

Problem with Lee is that he's imo the biggest babyface CMLL has at the moment (along with Marco Corleone, but let's not talk a hot him, lol), so the heel turn is a little risky.

Time will tell.

It'll be interesting to see how that carries over in NJPW

Recall

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why SANADA isn't in any high profile matches, I don't know much about him and while I dont think the mask really works for his entrance attire he certainly has an awesome look. I thought he might have a feud with Ishii or Tanahashi or something substantial.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder why SANADA isn't in any high profile matches, I don't know much about him and while I dont think the mask really works for his entrance attire he certainly has an awesome look. I thought he might have a feud with Ishii or Tanahashi or something substantial.

They'll probably give him a shot now EVIL has had his run at Okada.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He lacks personality, or rather he's not expressive enough - it may be a part of his character as this stylish, sort of stoic, unemotional guy, but it also makes it harder for the fans to connect with him. Also, his G1 was a bit lacklustre - he had great matches with Okada, Elgin & EVIL, but not a lot of note beyond that. New Japan are pretty high on him though, for obvious reasons, and I think 2018 will be a good year for him - I could see him playing the gatekeeper to IWGP champion Naito, the roadblock Okada has to navigate past to get a shot at reclaiming his title.

Oct 29, 2017
As someone who prefers Scott Keith's ratings over Dave Meltzer's, it seems for Scott who doesn't really watch NXT still managed to love NXT: War Games more than others.

http://blogofdoom.com/index.php/2017/11/19/the-smark-rant-for-nxt-takeover-wargames-11-18-17/
I loved it too. The Title Match was Match of the night IMO. War Games was exactly what it needed to be. It's been 20 years since the last one and Houston isn't known for having an hardcore wrestling base.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Something that's going underappreciated about Takeover is all the matches felt sufficiently different from each other in structure. You see that in the big New Japan shows, the top matches are all quite different, whereas most "big" WWE PPV matches have an identical structure.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
So, like many, I found Velveteen Dream vs Aleister Black to be the highlight of the show. The War Games match started too slowly to be a true classic and didn't really get underway properly until Authors of Pain were let in. Turned into a good experience by the end of it though and I'd say it showed that it can be done again as and when the situation calls for it.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
That nxt show was fire. Velveteen dream looks like the total package . If I was hhh , I would push for him to be the next top guy after the Roman saga ends. He's only 22 as well, so he will still be super young when the time comes.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Something that's going underappreciated about Takeover is all the matches felt sufficiently different from each other in structure. You see that in the big New Japan shows, the top matches are all quite different, whereas most "big" WWE PPV matches have an identical structure.

I think so too. Every match told a distinct and solid story.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just got done with NXT.

Drew :( Both losing the belt and the injury. Still, fortunate he was booked to lose anyway since he's on the shelf.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been up to speed on NXT. I was like...holy shit is that Patrick????

It was all in incredible. What passion.

Also...lol at Tough Enough winners.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been up to speed on NXT. I was like...holy shit is that Patrick????

It was all in incredible. What passion.

Also...lol at Tough Enough winners.

I always felt bad for Maven. He was athletic, had a look and charisma. But instead of giving him more time in the oven, they just had to get him on TV to make it look like Tough Enough was worth a damn.

Cappotelli getting a tumor after a ridiculously good feud in OVW as well.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Dream and Black was great, solid storytelling down to Blacks final words on the mic.

War Games was completely stupid and entertaining, as it should be, except for that CZW style gaping head wound. Ouch. Any update on how many stitches/staples that dude needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.