• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
WWE has a solid card to work with to try and compete with NXT Wargames.

So I expect AJ to be suplexed into oblivion within 10 minutes to deflate the crowd.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Velvet to a T

I was thinking Dream Street.

Dream%2BStreet%2B2.gif

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Kaiju Big Battel was pretty good in Somerville last night. The tag match with Silver Potato/Kung Fu Chicken Noodle v. Buzz and Feed was the highlight, one of the best matches I've seen them do live. It had a good mix of comedy insanity with some actual real physical wrestling.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Just get some more talent in. Sanity will be gone soon.

Here's a good question, do they get more latin american stars like Dragon Lee or someone else and keep it a spanish stable or they go international and have just be more of a group of Undesirables with a common manager in Selena Vega. Only one that comes to mind personally is Hideo Itami who is going through a similar downward slope as Almas is now. Build a story of Vega enticing these down on their luck superstars and reinventing them using Almas as the crown jewel

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a good question, do they get more latin american stars like Dragon Lee or someone else and keep it a spanish stable or they go international and have just be more of a group of Undesirables with a common manager in Selena Vega. Only one that comes to mind personally is Hideo Itami who is going through a similar downward slope as Almas is now. Build a story of Vega enticing these down on their luck superstars and reinventing them using Almas as the crown jewel
Latin America man. Dragon Lee and a few more and have Vega as the mouth piece. It would be dope.

Oct 25, 2017
Watched TakeOver: WarGames* this morning:
  • Ohno / Sullivan -- this was def a throwaway match where Ohno was used to just help Sullivan more. I think would have liked Gargano/Dunne instead
  • Aleister Black / Velveteen Dream -- i think this is my match of the show. Far better than I expected with some solid story telling going on. Dream really surprised here and I hope there are more good things to come from him
  • Fatal 4-Way -- I thought this was just ok, not sure why but I was having trouble getting invested in it. I think I would have preferred Royce, but with Moon getting the final entrance & all the "HER FOURTH TIME" I just knew she would win
  • Almas / McIntyre -- did something happen because the finish felt out of nowhere? Either way, was pretty good. Not the biggest McIntyre fan but this was a compelling match. Happy to see Almas get the belt and look forward to what they do with him

Going to put this on it's own: The Match That Tried to Be War Games
I really hated the rule changes. The shark cages were dumb and having both team members enter at one was pointless to me. I'm indifferent on the removal of the top, but I see why they did it because they needed them HIGH SPOTS. I think in general the match went on maybe 10 minutes too long? I was really into it through Sanity entering and Dain being in Beast Mode but then it just devolved in SPOT, rest, SPOT, reset.

Overall enjoyed the PPV, it was really good top to bottom. It really goes to show how much more invested you can make fans and stories when you're not doing 3-6 hours of TV a week and 1 ppv a month.

Last edited:

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched TakeOver: WarGames* this morning:
  • Ohno / Sullivan -- this was def a throwaway match where Ohno was used to just help Sullivan more. I think would have liked Gargano/Dunne instead
  • Aleister Black / Velveteen Dream -- i think this is my match of the show. Far better than I expected with some solid story telling going on. Dream really surprised here and I hope there are more good things to come from him
  • Fatal 4-Way -- I thought this was just ok, not sure why but I was having trouble getting invested in it. I think I would have preferred Royce, but with Moon getting the final entrance & all the "HER FOURTH TIME" I just knew she would win
  • Almas / McIntyre -- did something happen because the finish felt out of nowhere? Either way, was pretty good. Not the biggest McIntyre fan but this was a compelling match. Happy to see Almas get the belt and look forward to what they do with him

Going to put this on it's own: The Match That Tried to Be War Games
I really hated the rule changes. The shark cages were dumb and having both team members enter at one was pointless to me. I'm indifferent on the removal of the top, but I see why they did it because they needed them HIGH SPOTS. I think in general the match went on maybe 10 minutes too long? I was really into it through Sanity entering and Dain being in Beast Mode but then it just devolved in SPOT, rest, SPOT, reset.

Overall enjoyed the PPV, it was really good top to bottom. It really goes to show how much more invested you can make fans and stories when you're not doing 3-6 hours of TV a week and 1 ppv a month.
Wargames match was dope, but yeah Dream/Black match was better.

Drew is injured and out for months. Sadly

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the WarGames this morning. Not bad really. Better than a lot of the post 92 WarGames, but nowhere near as good as those early Elimination Chambers, and definetly does not touch the last great North American version of the traditional WarGames match, that being Cage of Death CZW Vs. ROH.

I had many issues. I'm not a fan of the three team concept. It felt confusing at times, the lack of a roof hurt, never felt like the wrestlers were trapped in there with each other, no blood(but we knew that was going to be the case), no clear cut babyfaces outside of Strong, highspot obsessed structure, that Killian Daine spot with the chain, and key sucked(Just have a ref shut the fucking door), no ring announcer calling out the rules, or saying "THE MATCH BEYOND! SUBMIT, OR SURRENDER!", and Goddamn that Match Beyond portion dragged on forever. Hopefully the next time they do this, they clean it up a bit, and bring back the two team concept, with the roof.

Last edited:

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Looked at that Survival Series lineup. That men's 5-on-5 is amazing. What a weird, nonsensical mess of dudes.

Anyway, going so hard on the Smackdown vs. Rawr thang seems neat. There'll probably be some decent stuff on the show.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also just want to call out special appreciation for that DDT Dream pulled off. Jesus H Christ

AND THE RICK RUDE STYLE PANTS

It just shows how ahead of his time Rude was, cause that gimmick held up perfectly. He also sold injuries like Rude. When he went up top, he did the hip swivel and held his waist and back in pain like Rude. So good

Mase Gumble

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished NXT, I really liked it, especially the war games match which was very much my kind of shit. I'd have liked a stretcher job or two to really sell it at the end.

Only complaint I have about the show is I'd have rather had Peyton Royce win the women's belt just to have a change of pace from Asuka, a more traditional heel shitebag champ after the unbeatable Goldberg reign.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Peter's here?

I imagine at this point BSS is out of any title pictures, but if NXT isn't snatching them they'll be on the shows

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Other than the killer look and physique and character, Dream showed more personality in-match than most of the experienced main event talent in WWE.

He was Dream from bell to bell. He never stepped out of character to become a generic fighter dude.

Captivating and refreshing.

yeah, thats why i was buying into Patrick Clark. 100% buy in to the character.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other than the killer look and physique and character, Dream showed more personality in-match than most of the experienced main event talent in WWE.

He was Dream from bell to bell. He never stepped out of character to become a generic fighter dude.

Captivating and refreshing.

Same with Black as well. Their clashing gimmicks were great and Black is a great menacing dude. I want to buy both their shirts, honestly. Curious what Dream's first shirt will be.

He'll also have good merch too, the sunglasses are rad

Status
Not open for further replies.