• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be up for some revisionist WWE history regarding Jinder's rise up the card in a WWE documentary at some point.

*WWE voice over guy*

"after proving himself on the grandest stage by being the runner up of the esteemed Andre battle royale only losing due to outside interference, Jinder went on to take out the first ever universal champion with his new aggressive style, immediately putting the WWE universe on notice.
Following this he travelled to the land of opportunity as part of the superstar shakeup and completed his rise to the main event, defeating certified hall of famer and bazillion time champion Randy Orton even after Orton had only just won the title after a spectacular WM main event!
Surviving matches like the career ending Punjabi Prison, earning followers like WWE Legend The Great Khali and even successfully defending from a surprise cash in, it took the best wrestler in the world and a hostile english crowd to finally end the maharajah's dominant reign"

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be up for some revisionist WWE history regarding Jinder's rise up the card in a WWE documentary at some point.

*WWE voice over guy*

"after proving himself on the grandest stage by being the runner up of the esteemed Andre battle royale only losing due to outside interference, Jinder went on to take out the first ever universal champion with his new aggressive style, immediately putting the WWE universe on notice.
Following this he travelled to the land of opportunity as part of the superstar shakeup and completed his rise to the main event, defeating certified hall of famer and bazillion time champion Randy Orton even after Orton had only just won the title after a spectacular WM main event!
Surviving matches like the career ending Punjabi Prison, earning followers like WWE Legend The Great Khali and even successfully defending from a surprise cash in, it took the best wrestler in the world and a hostile english crowd to finally end the maharajah's dominant reign"
WWE Films proudly presents.....

Slumdog Maharaja

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Listened to the Edge and Christian podcast with Batista. Decent listen. Laughed at Edge briefly grilling Christian because he didn't take his shoes off in Batista's house. Then grilling him about walking in Samoa Joe's house bare feet. And lol at the Little Dave Batista thing. Interesting little story where Batista talks about having an inhaler under the ring in case his asthma got really bad, and if it did, he'd just roll out of the ring like he was selling and used it. (Knew about the asthma but always wondered whether the referee carried the inhaler. The answer has finally been revealed.) There's also a weird moment where Batista receives a call about a lead role from a very famous director - Edge and Christian recognize the name even though it's edited out - and he arranges for a callback.

Anyway, Christian touches on the recent rumors of his return:

Christian: "There have been rumors circling for a while that maybe you're potentially entertaining a comeback at some point. We know you have a packed schedule, but is that something you'd entertain under the right circumstance?"

Batista: "For sure. And, I don't want to say I was given a raw deal, but creatively, you guys know the pressure and anxiety of having to go and wait outside Vince's office knowing that you have to go in and argue with Vince because you hate something from creative. Why have that every week? It's just an awful, awful feeling and I don't want to have to go back and do that. So I said [to Vince], you know, this is what I come back to do, this is what I'm interested in, and it's probably the only thing that would bring me back. So yeah, I miss it all the time, and there's no other feeling like it in the world. And before I'm too old, I'd like to go back, but it's going to have to be under certain conditions. I won't go back and go through what I went through last time."

Not the exact words because I cleaned it up a little and removed some of the superfluous stuff where he touches upon the general atmosphere of his return in 2014 relating to the fans etc.

Batista doesn't really answer anything aside from saying that he'd love to go back, and Vince knows what he wants. (I'm guessing this is in reference to wanting a proper run, working house shows, and to work a feud with HHH, all of which he mentioned in the JR podcast.) Considering this podcast was recorded on 18th January 2018, I'm guessing there isn't any deal in place, although since he was rumored to headline the 2018 Hall of Fame, and that's no longer the case, they're probably in the process of working things out.

Certainly, I think any return at the Royal Rumble is likely out of the question, unless Batista is somehow giving the wrong impression intentionally. I doubt that though since he seems like a straightforward type.

Part of it is worst case scenario. Part of it is that all the evidence points to it.

- Roman isn't winning due to Elimination Chamber. He'll almost certainly win his shot there. So we know it's a SD guy winning.

- The arena for Fastlane is advertising a main event featuring Nakamura, AJ, Owens, Zayn, and Orton for the title. So that would seem to indicate none of those guys are winning the Rumble because why would they be in a title match there and also at WM.

- We know Corbin was earmarked for a world title reign last year before his confrontation with Maroon. And they only seemed to be bothered very briefly by that seeing as they gave him a clean win over AJ and the US title shortly after. So this could be where they finally go through with his world title run. That clean win over AJ could also feed into a feud between the two.

- They got him out of the US Title tournament very quick and haven't used him at all since, which would feed into the "surprise" of it. They think too highly of him to just ghost him from TV for a month with no reasoning or plan to it. Even when they were mad at him they didn't take him off TV and he was still featured every week.

I want to believe in Rollins, Balor, and the near impossible chance of Reigns, winning the Rumble, but you sure are making it very hard.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all can't be dogging on Flammy's sigs but love Marilyn Manson and that Godsmack-sounding thing

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
I didn't start watching WWE until 2012, so missed all the good themes before then.

But the Coheed & Cambria theme for NXT was the GOAT.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To whomever recommended Joey Janela's Spring Break II, I've grabbed tickets to that show to round out the weekend.

I can't do RAW again. I won't do it. I can't sit through what feels like 68 hours of television when seen live.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Spring Break starts making announcements

I think last year they started beginning of Feb

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I only know of Machine Gun Kelly because he did a Wrestlemania.

Anyhow, the dude is playing Tommy Lee in the Motley Crue biopic for Netflix directed by the guy who did Jackass...
and Swered on WWE Network.

Also R.i.p. Test, the best body guard Motley Crue ever had.

"Everything is wrestling!"

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Who do we expect on Spring Break? I imagine they will do something similar to last year with a big weird dream match main event, Janela vs a legend, some comedy, a deathmatch, and a workrate-y indieriffic match. Really hope we get Janela vs Virgil

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sexy Star at least had a story that made sense for the build, she was just the wrong person. Everybody watching saw it come a mile away and it sucked.

Jinder was....DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE IN INDIA WATCH YOUTUBE?!

Sexy Star's story was so awful and she was so terrible in the ring that it was worse than Jinder's non-story

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Edge is apparently in this season of Vikings.

edge-vikings.jpg

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shawn Michaels on the rumored AJ Styles match last year:
There was talk about it possibly happening at WrestleMania. I think he's an an unbelievably talented young man. I wish I was 10 to 15 years younger because there are so many great guys. But it's very important to me, I wouldn't have retired unless I was ready to walk away. I'm flattered that every year when WrestleMania comes up people talk about me coming back, but I enjoy my time with my family, I enjoy watching WrestleMania and I also enjoy watching WWE move into the future. It's very important that continues to happen and the only way for it to do so is for some of us in a dignified way to walk away. Much as it would be interesting to be in there with some of those young men, it's their time now and I think it's important that we focus on them and the future of the WWE.
It seems like HBK is basically the reason the match didn't happen since he doesn't want to come back, and WWE were the ones interested in making it happen.

WWE really went all out with Styles booking in his first year. In the space of just over one year, he was going to get feuds with Jericho, Reigns, Cena, Ambrose, and then HBK (ended up being Shane). He also won the WWE title, beat Cena clean, and had SDL built around him after it went live for the first time ever.

Easily better booked than anyone with the exception of Brock Lesnar in 2002-2003. They basically put a rocket up his ass.

Last edited:

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
I only know of Machine Gun Kelly because he did a Wrestlemania.

Anyhow, the dude is playing Tommy Lee in the Motley Crue biopic for Netflix directed by the guy who did Jackass...
and Swered on WWE Network.

Also R.i.p. Test, the best body guard Motley Crue ever had.

"Everything is wrestling!"

This is the only thing I know MGK from, and nothing will ever beat it.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Who do we expect on Spring Break? I imagine they will do something similar to last year with a big weird dream match main event, Janela vs a legend, some comedy, a deathmatch, and a workrate-y indieriffic match. Really hope we get Janela vs Virgil
Gage has been spamming on Twitter to get Kasai, though I don't think they'd do that match in front of the Mania crowd (doubt they can even use glass). I still think Gage vs. Ellsworth is a possibility

Riddle is surely involved, no idea who he'd face. Maybe Joey will book RVD if he doesn't have a crazy fee like Mysterio

Tony Schiavone will be there in some capacity (unless he's just doing videos)

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Gage has been spamming on Twitter to get Kasai, though I don't think they'd do that match in front of the Mania crowd (doubt they can even use glass). I still think Gage vs. Ellsworth is a possibility

Riddle is surely involved, no idea who he'd face. Maybe Joey will book RVD if he doesn't have a crazy fee like Mysterio

Tony Schiavone will be there in some capacity (unless he's just doing videos)

Ellsworth is a great shout. At the very least Ellsworth should be Riddle's second for a match because of the infamous Riddle/Ellsworth playing arcade games at Dave and Buster's picture.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Still blows my mind that Smackdown used Green Day for a couple of years.

Best one though? Here ya go

That's one thing I miss from the various intros, having them in abandoned churches or warehouses. Gave them at least a fraction of personality doing poses and shit for the entrance video. Now it's just BIG LETTERS and a random move.

Status
Not open for further replies.