• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when undertaker won the battle but triple h won the war?
Remember when Taker was so shook by this he retreated to a cabin in the woods, plastered it with images of the WM27 match, watched the video tape over and over and then cut his hair?

Remember when Trips denied the rematch because he has REAL LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES as COO!

Remember when Shawn Michaels then brought his unique brand of overselling to Referee reactions and it was glorious?

Remember when it was the end of an era? except Trips and Taker still pop up at mania so....

The memory remains

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Taker was so shook by this he retreated to a cabin in the woods, plastered it with images of the WM27 match, watched the video tape over and over and then cut his hair?

Remember when Trips denied the rematch because he has REAL LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES as COO!

Remember when Shawn Michaels then brought his unique brand of overselling to Referee reactions and it was glorious?

Remember when it was the end of an era? except Trips and Taker still pop up at mania so....

The memory remains
giphy.gif

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
"End of an Era" at WM 28

HHH, Undertaker, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry all competed at WM 29. In fact, every match on the card except for one had an Attitude Era wrestler in it. Coincidentally it was one of the worst WM ever.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
25 minute match plus another 10-15 minutes for Kane's intro and HHH's crazy Mania intro?
Kane's entrance would just be a minute of him strolling down to the ring, no pyro, no cool entrance attire, just his bloated gut swelling out his ring gear.
The other 14 minutes will go to Trips sailing down the foggy river of lost souls in his viking boat, while Steph whips their disguised NXT rowers.

Man, Kane at mania is a massive missed opportunity for dumb entrance attires.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HHH/Strowman will be 28 minutes of CEREBRAL ASSASSIN-UHH!

And we have to endure it. Because we're not the fans WWE deserves, but the fans it needs right now. Because we can take it; because we're not fans. We're silent spectators, watchful fanatics... we're dark marks.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I can already see the finale of HHH/Stowman.
After 25 minutes, you can hear a pin drop.
Trips is dramatically overselling, he swings his sledgehammer tiredly at Braun who stops it with one finger, the crowd murmur briefly, Trips pulls a myriad of shook expressions, Braun bats the hammer away while Steph looks on with that open mouth shock face she's mastered since 2000.
POWERSLAM, 1, 2....*Braun lifts trips shoulder off the matt*
"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!"
The crowd give a weak pop, a bit deflated that things are gonna go for another 15 seconds but mustering some enthusiasm for the classic quote.
Second powerslam, 1, 2, 3, the crowd breathe a sigh of relief, knowing they're free for another year until Trips strikes again.
Cole says "OH MY!" a lot and reiterates how BIG this victory is.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meltzer on Bryan's betting odds: "You're not wrong, but that smart money comes in the Friday before the show at the earliest. This is fan hysteria."

Recent odds shift which has some marks working themselves into a shoot and shooting others into a frenzy over something impossible. Not that any of this is a surprise, since people continue to focus on betting odds as early as 4 weeks before the show, even though everyone should know by now that smart money usually comes in very close to the actual PPV.

Really hope Fox gets the WWE TV deal
Any particular reason why?

I doubt anything will change aside from them getting better ratings due to the Network they're on. And maybe they'll go back to 2 hours, which would also assist in the better ratings. Is it because of the 2 hours? Because there's nothing else that really benefits us as viewers.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it because of the 2 hours?

Yes.

Long-term that is much better for the product and USA will never put them back at two.

Plus I think it's possible Fox pushes them to go in more of a sports direction as opposed to USA who in the past have asked them to lean more into the drama.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. The shorter length could also force them to write tighter segments, as well as not give away so many big matches on TV, which dilutes and ruins a lot of feuds quickly.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I can already see the finale of HHH/Stowman.
After 25 minutes, you can hear a pin drop.
Trips is dramatically overselling, he swings his sledgehammer tiredly at Braun who stops it with one finger, the crowd murmur briefly, Trips pulls a myriad of shook expressions, Braun bats the hammer away while Steph looks on with that open mouth shock face she's mastered since 2000.
POWERSLAM, 1, 2....*Braun lifts trips shoulder off the matt*
"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!"
The crowd give a weak pop, a bit deflated that things are gonna go for another 15 seconds but mustering some enthusiasm for the classic quote.
Second powerslam, 1, 2, 3, the crowd breathe a sigh of relief, knowing they're free for another year until Trips strikes again.
Cole says "OH MY!" a lot and reiterates how BIG this victory is.
nice booking
Qp4iy.gif

but what if

he misses the second powerslam boom pedigree slow crawl over 1 2 3
hhhkkk27.gif

coming so close to beating a hall of famer like me will surely do him a world of good
undefined

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we'll know what's happening with WWE as soon as we find out where UFC is going. If UFC leaves Fox, I'd bet a lot that Fox snatches up WWE. If not, I think they'll stay with NBCU.

Makes sense. The shorter length could also force them to write tighter segments, as well as not give away so many big matches on TV, which dilutes and ruins a lot of feuds quickly.

My hope is that less time to fill means they become less prone to using the exact same guys and matches every week. I don't think it will, but at the very least, two hours is easier to watch than three.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My hope is that less time to fill means they become less prone to using the exact same guys and matches every week. I don't think it will, but at the very least, two hours is easier to watch than three.
If they go back down to 2 hours they could also cut 1/3 of the Raw roster.

Shaking up the rosters and having the same amount of people on both brands would be nice as well.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strowman did make, what I still believe, is a botch in the Lesnar match. He powerslams Lesnar, but doesn't pin him due to his arm. Then powerslams him again and pins him immediately which led to Lesnar kicking out. Pretty sure he screwed up there and he was supposed to powerslam him twice, sell the arm as he couldn't get an immediate pin, and then make the cover so Lesnar kicks out. It makes both men look strong, and leaves a question mark as to whether Strowman would've got the pin had he gotten the cover immediately.

The way that whole sequence happened seemed to make no sense with Lesnar's use of the kimura to slow Strowman's onslaught down. The kimura basically becomes a pointless part of the match, except it's a big part of what the match was obviously built around.

Do you think THE GAME-UHH would allow him to bring such dishonor and shame to his Wrestlemania match?!

Status
Not open for further replies.