• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, where i can find Strap links of these old watches?

Tag Heuer Professional WM 1113
BqSwSIv.jpg

AND

Omega Seamaster Recife
Zt8K5DX.jpg

For the Tag, I'd recommend searching http://www.ofrei.com and seeing if they have spare links in stock or ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/TAG-Heuer-Watch-Parts-Tools-and-Guides/173696/bn_1675343

The Omega will be more difficult, so your best bet is ebay or keeping an eye on watch auction sites (like https://www.invaluable.com/mens-omega-watches/sc-uzew8gm821/) , but I really don't think you'll be able to purchase single links for the Recife; more likely a complete strap and even then, they're very rare.

Oct 27, 2017
I stumbled onto an eBay listing for a Moonwatch for under 1k which seems a bit sketch tbh. The seller seems to be legit tho. What do you all think? I assume that the price will go up a bunch by the end so it will probably be a normal price in the end.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
lmao yeah it's already over 1k with 6 days to go. I usually don't see this go up so close to the start of the auction.

I actually visited the Omega Boutique in NYC two weeks ago to just see what it looked like and came away pretty convinced I wanted to go that direction. I deffo don't plan buying new, but it was nice to get all buttered up in a high end boutique.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
I stumbled onto an eBay listing for a Moonwatch for under 1k which seems a bit sketch tbh. The seller seems to be legit tho. What do you all think? I assume that the price will go up a bunch by the end so it will probably be a normal price in the end.

[Hidden content]

lmao yeah it's already over 1k with 6 days to go. I usually don't see this go up so close to the start of the auction.

I actually visited the Omega Boutique in NYC two weeks ago to just see what it looked like and came away pretty convinced I wanted to go that direction. I deffo don't plan buying new, but it was nice to get all buttered up in a high end boutique.
Looks legitimate enough. A decent amount of photos taken from different angles, and photos of the documentation. Although, I'd personally contact the seller and ask for shots of the watch set to a unique time. I'd also ask if the seller has the original proof of purchase/receipt. Always be prudent and thorough when buying luxury watches from eBay.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Xeric has a pair of new watches on Kickstarter, the Cypher and Decypher automatics: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/watchismo/xeric-cypher-and-decypher-automatic-watch/

The Cypher is their first watch using tritium tubes for illumination. I backed that one. This'll be my fifth Xeric (I have an Evergraph automatic in rose gold, a Soloscope RQ in silver & blue, a Trappist-1 in bronze and green, and an Atlasphere automatic in rose gold). I'll probably opt for the the Cypher in silver & green. I like the Decypher but this'll be my 25th watch and I want to space things out a bit :-D

Oct 27, 2017
I threw my Alpinist on a burgundy leather strap and ever since it's become my daily driver. It just fits me pretty much perfectly.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
For the Tag, I'd recommend searching http://www.ofrei.com and seeing if they have spare links in stock or ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/TAG-Heuer-Watch-Parts-Tools-and-Guides/173696/bn_1675343

The Omega will be more difficult, so your best bet is ebay or keeping an eye on watch auction sites (like https://www.invaluable.com/mens-omega-watches/sc-uzew8gm821/) , but I really don't think you'll be able to purchase single links for the Recife; more likely a complete strap and even then, they're very rare.

Sorry for the delay, thank you so much for the info.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Since Seiko is apparently re-issuing this beauty for Baselworld 2019 (like they did with two of the earlier divers in 2017 and 2018) I decided to take my 6105-8119 out yesterday. She looks good for being almost 43 years old.

It just feels so good and solid on the wrist.

32143027107_f17e5261c0_k_d.jpg

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Interesting watch and history from reading the wornandwound.com article on it. Robust parts market on Ebay too. Thanks for sharing!

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Leaks from Watchuseek point to the SLA033 being the updated asymmetrical 6105 diver.

You can see it referenced here in Japanese text (1970...2nd (asymmetrical version) etc etc). Guy won't show the rest of the picture yet though.
I'm sure it pics will leak soon.

Also new Mobile Suite Gundam Tunas

16hh54W.jpg

Interesting watch and history from reading the wornandwound.com article on it. Robust parts market on Ebay too. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, crazy that 10 years ago these were under $200. Now they're over $1K for average condition.

Oct 27, 2017
Sold my hamilton khaki field mechanical and will be selling my seiko sumo sbdc033 since

I paid a fair price for this restored 1960s zodiac sea wolf (original non-hacking model). The only downside is that it didn't come with the original zodiac clasp but I'm still happy with it.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, i´m looking for a watch for my mother, i´m looking for a Cartier Tank type of watch, is there an automatic version of this watch or is there another brand that makes a similar tank looking watch?

thanks

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally got my hands on a black Orient Producer. I think I'll swap the faux croc strap out for something a bit slinkier and nicer but it lives up to my expectations. Very nice. Dipping my toes into the rectangle watch arena, wanted something classy that stands out a bit without blowing my monthly budget into the stratosphere.

And I also got a grey Orient Defender!

<3 Orient Watches.

Oct 27, 2017
Having three Orient's currently, Black dial Bambino, Blue dial Envoy, and Blue dial (red/blue bezel) Maki II. All are great pieces.

I was scrolling through Instragram and came across an old Seiko that caught my eye. It's the Seiko 7016-8001 Chronograph, white dial. I believe it's from the 70's. Been giving a cursory search around and looks to be a bit rare. A few hits on Ebay but not much.

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lq5SuD6.jpg

Decided to do a group shot. From left to right:

Silver Orient Bambino V1 w. White Dial and Silver Hands
Silver Orient Producer w. Black Dial and Silver Hands
Silver Orient Bambino V2 w. White Dial and Rose Gold Hands
Grey Orient Defender
Orient Ray II w. Black Dial
Helgray Le Mans in Rose Gold

Need to get a bunch of new straps tho, most of them are still in their stock straps with the exception of the two on the right hand side.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NTGYK , I take it you have a thing for Orients? :P

I've been rocking my Padi Turtle for months now only occasionally switching for SKX every now and then. This thing is just too damn comfortable and fun even on my miniscule 6.75" wrist. Sorry 'bout the dirty crystal, but it is what it is.

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
NTGYK , I take it you have a thing for Orients? :P

I've been rocking my Padi Turtle for months now only occasionally switching for SKX every now and then. This thing is just too damn comfortable and fun even on my miniscule 6.75" wrist. Sorry 'bout the dirty crystal, but it is what it is.

Best Bang for Buck watches out there!

I've got a big list of watches that I want to get or am quite interested in:

Oris Big Crown w a pastel blue dial
Oris 65 Diver with Bronze Bezel
Baltic Acquasphere (Gilt Model)
Orient Ray II USA w/ a white dial
Brew Retrograph
Tissot Vissodate in black and gold
Seiko Presage Cocktail Time
Steinhart OVM 39
Orient Bambino Small Seconds w/ champagne dial

I've got a problem haha.

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up for the blind watch box service, Watch Gang and got 2 watches so far. The first one I got last month was a shitty giant thing made by Chicane which sucked and I have in a box somewhere. I've since cancelled the service but got one more before I stopped. I'm actually pretty happy with this one tho. It's by Fortuna, and it's a pretty decent looking chronograph:

And here's my current collection as it stands:

Orient Bambino gen2 v2
Junkers Bauhaus 6060-5
Seiko Alpinist (Hirch burgundy calf leather strap w/gold buckle)
Orient Envoy Open Heart (Hirch alligator embossed brown leather strap)
Fortuna Chronometric (red/blue NATO)
Orient Ray II Pepsi Bezel

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up for the blind watch box service, Watch Gang and got 2 watches so far. The first one I got last month was a shitty giant thing made by Chicane which sucked and I have in a box somewhere. I've since cancelled the service but got one more before I stopped. I'm actually pretty happy with this one tho. It's by Fortuna, and it's a pretty decent looking chronograph:

And here's my current collection as it stands:

Orient Bambino gen2 v2
Junkers Bauhaus 6060-5
Seiko Alpinist (Hirch burgundy calf leather strap w/gold buckle)
Orient Envoy Open Heart (Hirch alligator embossed brown leather strap)
Fortuna Chronometric (red/blue NATO)
Orient Ray II Pepsi Bezel

A lovely collection thus far. Do you feel like you're ready to take the plunge into the mid to luxury (I'm thinking Nomos, Oris, Hamilton, Tag or even entry level Omega and Rolex offerings) market now, or will that be something to consider in the future?

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
First post in this thread but here's my small collection

Left is a Seiko Kinetic I've had since about 2002, middle is my SKX007 on a nato strap and on the right is my Omega Speedmaster Racing

Oct 27, 2017
A lovely collection thus far. Do you feel like you're ready to take the plunge into the mid to luxury (I'm thinking Nomos, Oris, Hamilton, Tag or even entry level Omega and Rolex offerings) market now, or will that be something to consider in the future?

Definitely a future thing. With what I have now I've been pretty satisfied for a while. I've told myself that I'll give it a year and if after that much time I still feel the desire - I'll probably get a Speedmaster of some kind. Or by that time something else if my interest change.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Hello all, I just wanted some help in purchasing a wristwatch. I just got a new job and was told that getting a watch would be essential (knowing the time is essential for my work) since we're not allowed to use phones at all while working and smartwatches aren't allowed either.

I'm new to buying watches so I don't know any of the brands or what sort of quality I can get at different price ranges. For now, I'm looking for an accurate analog watch that won't lose or gain seconds in a day. I've also got pretty small wrists, so I don't want anything that looks huge on me.

Since it's my first watch, I'm hoping for something under $200. I appreciate any help you guys can give me!

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Hello all, I just wanted some help in purchasing a wristwatch. I just got a new job and was told that getting a watch would be essential (knowing the time is essential for my work) since we're not allowed to use phones at all while working and smartwatches aren't allowed either.

I'm new to buying watches so I don't know any of the brands or what sort of quality I can get at different price ranges. For now, I'm looking for an accurate analog watch that won't lose or gain seconds in a day. I've also got pretty small wrists, so I don't want anything that looks huge on me.

Since it's my first watch, I'm hoping for something under $200. I appreciate any help you guys can give me!
If you can stretch your budget to the $300 mark, then either a Certina DS Podium or a Tissot PR100 would be good choices.

https://www.certina.com/watch/ds-podium/C0014101605700

https://us.tissotshop.com/tissot-pr-100-quartz-1.html

An Orient quartz watch would also be a good option and something like the following is close enough to the $200 budget:

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Orient_RA_KA0004L10A_watch_p/ra-ka0004l10a.htm

You can't go wrong with a Citizen Eco-Drive, and the following is under the $200 budget:

https://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Eco-...MK58KWNE4N9WV4989&refRID=QA1MK58KWNE4N9WV4989

And in a similar vein, a Seiko Solar watch like the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNE323...50725677&s=gateway&sprefix=seiko+quar&sr=8-82

erpg

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Anyone know of a package redirect service for Japan? I'm really interested in picking up the new SBDC073. It's a JDM, so every place that ships to Canada has ~300$ markups.

Last edited:

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I love how clever they are with their perpetual and annual calendars movements and minimal dials to display that information, just don't love the cases.
Yes, the perpetual calendar is amazing and innovative. I also love all their other movements, including the patina'd moonphase. The cases are round, so it's a matter of taste I suppose, but I love round cases.

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting on a Seiko 5 to arrive. Always wanted an automatic watch and I lost it and bought one Sunday. Bought two NATO straps as well.
Always been a Swatch guy but ever since I started using an old Digital Citizen I have been wanting something more classy.

Anything I should keep in mind using a mechanical watch? When is it recommended to service it?

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
Waiting on a Seiko 5 to arrive. Always wanted an automatic watch and I lost it and bought one Sunday. Bought two NATO straps as well.
Always been a Swatch guy but ever since I started using an old Digital Citizen I have been wanting something more classy.

Anything I should keep in mind using a mechanical watch? When is it recommended to service it?
Depends on costs. A Seiko 5 shouldn't be serviced. Any helpful servicing will cost more than the watch itself. IMO I wouldn't worry about servicing unless the watch costs at least several thousands of dollars. You can probably run that Seiko for at least 20 years without missing a beat.

Assuming you get sucked into this jewelry hobby and purchase more mechanicals in the future, watchmakers recommend running all watches at least once a month, just to keep the gears lubricated.

Last edited:

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on costs. A Seiko 5 shouldn't be serviced. Any helpful servicing will cost more than the watch itself. IMO I wouldn't worry about servicing unless the watch costs at least several thousands of dollars. You can probably run that Seiko for at least 20 years without missing a beat.

Assuming you get sucked into this jewelry hobby and purchase more mechanicals in the future, watchmakers recommend running all watches at least once a month, just to keep the gears lubricated.

Oh it will be my daily beater! Given its a old model should I be worried once it arrives? It has been "parked" for a few years probably even though it is new.
It is an expensive hobby but I find I get attached to a watch rather easily. I wore a plastic swatch for up to 10 years (still have it) and its quite a simple piece. Watches are worth investing into.
Would love an Omega Speedmaster but my wallet would definitely hate it! Maybe in a close future!

Oct 27, 2017
In my year long soul searching journey to figure out which 'luxury' purchase will be my first.... I started wanting the Speedmaster, and I still do. However in the last week I've been looking at the Rolex Explorer as well. Something about that simple design is calling to me.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
In my year long soul searching journey to figure out which 'luxury' purchase will be my first.... I started wanting the Speedmaster, and I still do. However in the last week I've been looking at the Rolex Explorer as well. Something about that simple design is calling to me.
The Explorer 1 is a very good all-rounder and the premium over the Speedy isn't too much either.

I'd do a lot more research on the models available before buying, especially the differences between the recent Baselword 2016 edition and the previous model.

Oct 27, 2017
The Explorer 1 is a very good all-rounder and the premium over the Speedy isn't too much either.

I'd do a lot more research on the models available before buying, especially the differences between the recent Baselword 2016 edition and the previous model.

Definitely been researching a lot. I know the latest retail model they moved to a 39mm size which some people aren't a fan of. The one people talk about is the 36mm version, ref 14270. I assume I'd have to go for the second hand market for that one... I do think the 36mm version looks more balanced imo.

ekimneems

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely been researching a lot. I know the latest retail model they moved to a 39mm size which some people aren't a fan of. The one people talk about is the 36mm version, ref 14270. I assume I'd have to go for the second hand market for that one... I do think the 36mm version looks more balanced imo.

I would either go with the 14270 or the 214270 mk 2 (I have the latter). The 39mm looks great IMO, but the Mk1 has the 36mm's hand size which looks a little weird. Plus the Mk2 has lume arabic numerals which is really awesome.

Can't go wrong either way. It's a legitimate "one watch collection" contender - and it actually is for me right now because I sold a few others to fund a future purchase

Oct 27, 2017
I would either go with the 14270 or the 214270 mk 2 (I have the latter). The 39mm looks great IMO, but the Mk1 has the 36mm's hand size which looks a little weird. Plus the Mk2 has lume arabic numerals which is really awesome.

Can't go wrong either way. It's a legitimate "one watch collection" contender - and it actually is for me right now because I sold a few others to fund a future purchase
That's where I'm at. I want a companion to my Alpinist and my attention is firmly planted on the Explorer. Thanks for the info on the models. I'm pretty much looking at second hand right now and it's been a bit hard to find the mk2 version of the 214270... Or at least knowing that it's the right version.

My gut tells me the 14270 may be the right direction tho.

ekimneems

Oct 29, 2017
That's where I'm at. I want a companion to my Alpinist and my attention is firmly planted on the Explorer. Thanks for the info on the models. I'm pretty much looking at second hand right now and it's been a bit hard to find the mk2 version of the 214270... Or at least knowing that it's the right version.

My gut tells me the 14270 may be the right direction tho.

They are sold out new everywhere (or at least were in December when I bought mine). I got mine aftermarket through Rolex Forums for about $1000 under retail with a light scratch on the bracelet, it was a great deal IMO.

Just make sure you are buying from a reputable seller with boxes and papers!

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i have decided to get Speedmaster professional on my birthday this year, this will be my first and last luxury watch lol

i have debated a lot over the years to justify one and i think i will finally pull the trigger

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This thread is relevant to my new interest in watches. Starting out small I have a few nice fossils and a couple invictas. I'm partial to stainless bands rather than leather or cloth, but what is a good next step up watch I. The 2-300 range?

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Seiko is always a safe bet for that price range, they have a huge range of styles which caters to a lot of different tastes.

ekimneems

Oct 29, 2017
Without a doubt Seiko. SKX007 diver or a Seiko 5, can't go wrong to start off a collection. Or start looking at vintage.