• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

west

Oct 28, 2017
Contacted my dealer about a 5711. I fear his estimate.

We (family) have bought 3 Pateks previously, but frankly I have no idea if it will move me up the list. I have a 5196G Calatrava and I am looking for something sporty

Also looking at other Nautilus models if the 5711 is just impossible.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I have come up with 3 choices in my cursory search, and was wondering if other people can recommend other choices—

1. Rolex GMT Master II. Great watch of course, just too bad it's not easily available unless I pay 2X retail. Argh. The main reason why I'm put off from Rolex in general.

2. Nomos Zurich. No date complication, but otherwise works for me.

3. One of the Grand Seiko SBJM or SBGJ models.

I really like designs like the Glashutte Original Senator or Rolex Skydweller, but I'm sticking to my case diameter restriction.

You could look into Ochs and Junior dual time watches. I find their watches to be extremely creative.

This one has a Ulysse Nardin movement.

https://www.ochsundjunior.swiss/watches/two-time-zones-date/

This one is ETA...but again, their take is just mindblowing:
https://www.ochsundjunior.swiss/watches/two-time-zones/

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
You could look into Ochs and Junior dual time watches. I find their watches to be extremely creative.

This one has a Ulysse Nardin movement.

https://www.ochsundjunior.swiss/watches/two-time-zones-date/

This one is ETA...but again, their take is just mindblowing:
https://www.ochsundjunior.swiss/watches/two-time-zones/
Thanks for the suggestions. While I appreciate their minimalist innovation, I gotta have more hour markers. At least 11 of them. All 12 is always a bonus. It's a bridge too far.

Last edited:

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bought a Sinn 104 today, pretty excited. First legit higher-end watch for me. I'm getting married this year and turning 30, so I wanted something nice to commemorate that.

In the meanwhile

HL7f9E0.jpg

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. While I appreciate their minimalist innovation, I gotta have more hour markers. At least 11 of them. All 12 is always a bonus. It's a bridge too far.

I think your original selections are the best that fit your criteria. I'd just go for any one of them. If price is no object, then I'd go for one of the Patek Philippe travel time watches or the A. Lange & Sohne Dual Time watch. Otherwise, just go for one of your selections, all great.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Bought a Sinn 104 today, pretty excited. First legit higher-end watch for me. I'm getting married this year and turning 30, so I wanted something nice to commemorate that.

In the meanwhile

HL7f9E0.jpg

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. The Orient already looks good on you. Hopefully the Sinn will be great, too.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Contacted my dealer about a 5711. I fear his estimate.

We (family) have bought 3 Pateks previously, but frankly I have no idea if it will move me up the list. I have a 5196G Calatrava and I am looking for something sporty

Also looking at other Nautilus models if the 5711 is just impossible.

Good luck moving up that list. I personally would like one but I think the waiting list is absurd.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Yup, he basically said it would still take a few years. But hey, I have time. I was eyeing it for a 40th birthday gift, but might have to wait till 50

One local AD is reporting a TEN year waitlist for a steel Rolex GMT II. lol

Yikes at both of these. That's insane. I like both of these watches but I'm not crazy enough about them to wait that long. But if people are patient enough to get them then more power to them.

I thought about buying some pieces from Patek to actively get on the 5711 waitlist but I just don't like many of their watches. The pieces I do like won't likely help me move up the list much (ex. I love the 5227 but it's small potato compared to the more complicated or other more ugly watches).

It's realky sad but I've actually seen the GMT Master II in black (not Pepsi) like once or twice at my local AD last year. I haven't seen it since. Even more sad is I've never seen the steel Skydweller... ever. I think I prefer the Skydweller because of their interesting take on the annual calendar but I've only seen the precious metal models with the weird Roman numeral dial.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
So a friend starting showing me watches last night - and now I have a Timex Expedition Scout on the way.

Obviously a cheaper basic watch, but I feel like it's time (haha) for me to give wearing one a proper try.

And then I read through this thread and oh boy, suddenly I want every watch I see.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
So a friend starting showing me watches last night - and now I have a Timex Expedition Scout on the way.

Obviously a cheaper basic watch, but I feel like it's time (haha) for me to give wearing one a proper try.

And then I read through this thread and oh boy, suddenly I want every watch I see.

Yeah, I think we've all been there. I only wore Casio and Seiko watches most of my childhood and adult years. It's been only the last few years I got into the whole Omega and Rolex world. Then I learned more and admired the high horology watches. I want all of them. But I can't afford them. It's been nice window shopping though.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Speculation about the new Bond Omega:

755086_5c6e5cdf5b33500120ad3087e5d1d07d_by_edmonddantes9285_dd5x9q7-pre.jpg

We'll find out soon enough, when the embargo lifts on the 15th of May.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Bond going Gilt. Should be good. Does the band look like a rubber strap to anyone else, or is that just me?

Have a SRP775 on the way myself.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Black/gilt Omega ought to be pretty sick.

Took this a couple days back before I'd set the date and time properly:

20190426_13000397kcf.jpg

Absolutely love this watch. Might take a few more pics later, but it's my first upscale watch, and it's a goddamned beauty in person.

I'm already planning for my next few watch purchases and I've got a few in mind over the next few years.

What's everyone's thoughts on Christopher Ward watches btw?

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017

20190426_13000397kcf.jpg

Absolutely love this watch. Might take a few more pics later, but it's my first upscale watch, and it's a goddamned beauty in person.

I'm already planning for my next few watch purchases and I've got a few in mind over the next few years.

Well made watches with in-house movements in their premium models. Recent branding issues and losing some of the original uniqueness of the brand of late, have soured quite a few long term CW fans though. The new Trident 3 that was unveiled this week is a nice update of their most popular model line.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Omega will make a Seamaster under 40mm.

I'm in love with my fifty-eight and probably won't buy anther watch over 40mm as I have a small wrist.

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
Didn't realize ERA had a OT for watches!

My two most favorite watches in my collection:

SLA017

MjZK7iV.jpg

SLA025

5BF58ma.jpg

I know these Seiko reissues get a mixed reaction from WIS, mainly due to the price, but I can't get enough of them. Stunning, beautiful watches in the metal. Really looking forward to the SLA033 later this year.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize ERA had a OT for watches!

My two most favorite watches in my collection:

SLA017

MjZK7iV.jpg

SLA025

5BF58ma.jpg

I know these Seiko reissues get a mixed reaction from WIS, mainly due to the price, but I can't get enough of them. Stunning, beautiful watches in the metal. Really looking forward to the SLA033 later this year.
So jealous. If I wasn't a one watch guy, I totally would've gotten the 62mas reissue, but alas, it was released 4 years too late for me.

Although for the price, I guess I could've gotten a pre-loved speedy and original 62mas since I didn't see a reissue going for less than 5k.

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
So jealous. If I wasn't a one watch guy, I totally would've gotten the 62mas reissue, but alas, it was released 4 years too late for me.

Although for the price, I guess I could've gotten a pre-loved speedy and original 62mas since I didn't see a reissue going for less than 5k.

I feel like I got super lucky with my SLA017. Kept diligently watching chrono24, watchrecon, r/watchexchange, and ebay for weeks on end, and managed to find a pre-owned in like-new condition for under $3k. Felt like I won the lottery.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Lovely watches MM300, wear them in good health.

This will probably be a big week for the watch industry, with Omega (and possibly the Swatch Group as a whole) showing of their 2019 releases.

The 15th of May is the expected date.

easter

Nov 15, 2017

20190426_13000397kcf.jpg

Beautiful. Congrats!

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Wristwatchera! First post in this thread (although I have peeped inside when I noticed there was a watch thread (sometime in March this year...or was that a digital watch thread??) Anyhoo.. here's a picture of my collection, ranging from cheap and cheerful to a bit more pricey, hope they are as interesting to you as they are to me...

Q62Sxnm.jpg

from left to right : Think Geek, Casio F91-W, Bobo Bird wooden digital watch, Bobo Bird P19-2 zebra wood I think (upside down), Adidas watch (ive had it about 18 years i think), Even older Adidas Adventure watch (a 21st birthday gift from my parents.. 23 years ago!), Phillipe Starck Fossil Snake titanium limited edition

Last edited:

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Wristwatchera! First post in this thread (although I have peeped inside when I noticed there was a watch thread (sometime in March this year...or was that a digital watch thread??) Anyhoo.. here's a picture of my collection, ranging from cheap and cheerful to a bit more pricey, hope they are as interesting to you as they are to me...

Q62Sxnm.jpg

from left to right : Think Geek, Casio F91-W, Bobo Bird wooden digital watch, Bobo Bird P19-2 zebra wood I think (upside down), Adidas watch (ive had it about 18 years i think), Even older Adidas Adventure watch (a 21st birthday gift from my parents.. 23 years ago!), Phillipe Starck Fossil Snake titanium limited edition
Welcome aboard!

That's a cool collection of watches you have there. Those two Adidas watches must have a lot of sentimental value to you. I lost an old Timex digital watch my father gave to me when I started school, and still miss it to this day. Keep them safe.

If I may ask, which watch do you gravitate towards when you start the day, or do you have a set day for each watch?

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome aboard!

That's a cool collection of watches you have there. Those two Adidas watches must have a lot of sentimental value to you. I lost an old Timex digital watch my father gave to me when I started school, and still miss it to this day. Keep them safe.

Thanks!! They sure do, especially the one i got for my 21st. I used to have a real cool satinless steel rip curl watch that a good friend gave me when they visited from Australia but 3 guys jumped me with a baseball bat on the way home one day and well you can guess what happened.. i still wonder where it ended up as id never seen one like it before or since, it had a cool/different clasp thing going on i recall :(

If I may ask, which watch do you gravitate towards when you start the day, or do you have a set day for each watch?

The Bobo bird digital wooden watch is my usual go to everyday watch as I find it very aesthetically pleasing and it lights up (shiney!) but its terrible in sunlight. It also get commented on the most.. The Phillipe Starck Fossil watch is my favourite and I think its the most valuable, hence i probably wear it the least!

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ordered a Vostok Komandirskie 650859 - was cheap enough for me to impulse buy it and the whole Solviet history intrigued me. Plus it has a complete yellow dial - which seemed rather fun to own. Kinda want a cheap-ish automatic watch from every part of the world before I graduate haha.

I guess my next acquisition will be a Sea-Gull lol. Or some watch with a purple dial. I dont have a watch in that color yet.

Stock picture of the Vostok - PS. Its uglyish but that also attached me to it more LOL

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
The embargo for the Swatch Group's Time to Move event lifts tomorrow at 8am CET.

As far as Omega are concerned, expect a slew of new Omega Speedmasters and possibly a white dial Diver 300m, plus an Orange ceramic bezel Planet Ocean and possibly the debut of the new Bond watch.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
Do preorders typically go up when the embargo lifts? Aka is there a reason to stay up just in case the steel moonwatch LE looks amazing?

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Do preorders typically go up when the embargo lifts? Aka is there a reason to stay up just in case the steel moonwatch LE looks amazing?
It depends entirely on the watch brand that you're dealing with.

Omega now sell watches online via their own website, but I would expect the boutiques and authorised dealers to have a certain number allocated to them. I think your best bet would be to put down a deposit at a boutique or secure one outright via Omega's online store.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
A few more releases:

Diver 300M Chrono:

file

40mm Tresor:

dd73cur-e7247830-3839-49b6-bae4-db095af51881.jpg

Orange bezel Planet Ocean:

dd73cw6-65812b73-8edb-41ec-b3d4-633b82e64693.jpg

Seamaster Aqua Terra World Timer:

omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-gmt-worldtimer-43-mm-22012432203001-l.png

easter

Nov 15, 2017
What do you all think about those puppies? I like the world time and the orange PO. was really hoping I'd love the Speedy but that astronaut dial is too much for me. It's a nice watch, tho.