• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
C&B straps are so nice.

No shame in a speedy reduced, fuck the purists. the only thing odd about it to me is not that it's "not a moonwatch" its the spread placement of the subdials at 3 and 9. It still looks fantastic.
the other automatic choice was the MK40 day date, but the dial on that is so busy and in a complete different format than the traditional speedmasters. so went with this instead

if the bond planet ocean seamasters ever come down in price that's next on my list. only hold up is that helium valve

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
the other automatic choice was the MK40 day date, but the dial on that is so busy and in a complete different format than the traditional speedmasters. so went with this instead

if the bond planet ocean seamasters ever come down in price that's next on my list. only hold up is that helium valve

I want a Planet Ocean as well, but i'm good with an older used one. I love my 2254.50 seamaster, but i think its looks are starting to be a bit dated. Thinking about selling it and putting that towards a PO.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Is that the Club Neomatic? I was considering that and the Ahoi models too. I was worried about the lug to lug size on my Campus model (38.5 mm case), but I think trying it on it's right at the max size that I would consider comfortable. The Club Neomatic at 37 mm would have definitely worked. Ultimately I wanted a white dial, but I wasn't sure if I would like the Club Neomatic white dial with the light blue numerals.

I do like the new Tangente Sport and Club Sport models, but they need to make them in sizes smaller than 42 mm considering how long the lugs are on most Nomos models.

It's actually a unique colorway that was offered by my local AD as it was a limited edition for their store.
Came before the neomatik series.

I love the Ahoi but the the lugs are so long. I think 50mm lug to lug.
I want the Neomatik version with the comfy 36mm case.

thanks. got this so far for my speedy that came.

i know the 39mm speedmaster gets a bad rep for not being the true moon watch by the purist, but i really wanted an automatic. can't do manual windings that i'll forget

Speedy auto looks great. I have the "moon watch" but do love the size of the 39mm a little more.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I'm having a hard time between seiko sbdc061 and Nomos Tangente 38. I'm leaning towards the nomos. I found a really good deal on prestigetime.com for $2100, AND it has the new in house movement. How is this possible at $2100? Am I missing something? Brand new too. Are they a legit site?

The Nomos is grey market which means they're new, but not sold by authorized dealers so you won't (usually) get the manufactures' warranty. That seems like an acceptable price for no official warranty though. Much cheaper than msrp.

You can find even cheaper here from other grey market dealers across the world. There's been lots of success with the German dealers. You can always contact them for details.

Oct 30, 2017
Well I thought Nomos developed their own swing system and hen escapement...but maybe they're the same. I don't know much about movements.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Well I thought Nomos developed their own swing system and hen escapement...but maybe they're the same. I don't know much about movements.
Yeah, they're the same thing. 2014 is when they introduced their in house escapement/swing system.
Their movements with this addition were renamed DUW xxxx.

You can check out the different movements and which watches currently have what here:

The link you posted says that model has the DUW 4101. The link I gave you of the various models from other sellers may have other movements if not specified. That's why I mentioned asking them to confirm in case it's important for ya.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Well I found a German page on Chrono24 with the DUW movement:

Just under $1900. Seems legit. What about US sellers on Chrono24 since shipping would be faster?

You should read this thread all the way through.
And you'd be surprised by the shipping speeds. They won't ship cheaply and you'll get it within a week most likely. One interesting thing is that many times the warranty cards do come stamped with an official AD name.

I've ordered from Nomos directly before a couple times and I get the next day if early enough, it's insane.

Oct 30, 2017
Well I pulled the plug on the SBDC061. I sold my SARX055 and used the funds for SBDC061. I cannot justify paying that much for the Nomos for now, especially since I'm going on vacation soon.

Oct 27, 2017
I need this

jaeger-lecoultre-1.png

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hi folks! In the market for a (men's) watch. $300 CAD-ish budget max.

I have a pretty weird-ish set of requirements:

-Metal strap. Doesn't feel right to me without one.
-Simple face- especially no chronograph. Really don't like those smaller dials. Fewer numbers preferred for the hours, but all 12 hours need to be marked (at least with a line).
-A date/day display.
-A convenient power supply (especially eyeing a Citizen Eco Drive lol).
-I like heft so it doesn't have to be particularly light.
-No Seiko. My previous watch was a mechanic Seiko (the charged-by-body-movement one) and despite a few repairs it kept stopping (as in, working fine in the morning and behind half an hour by the end of the day level of stopping). Was perfect visual design wise.

If it had a day (of the week) display, this Citizen Eco-Drive Corso would be perfect:

91svDz4HmxL._UY445_.jpg

Also open to weird, specialized watches though, lol. I don't know much about this stuff.

Oct 27, 2017

-Simple face- especially no chronograph. Really don't like those smaller dials. Fewer numbers preferred for the hours, but all 12 hours need to be marked (at least with a line).
-A date/day display.
-No Seiko. My previous watch was a mechanic Seiko (the charged-by-body-movement one) and despite a few repairs it kept stopping (as in, working fine in the morning and behind half an hour by the end of the day level of stopping). Was perfect visual design wise.

If it had a day (of the week) display, this Citizen Eco-Drive Corso would be perfect:

91svDz4HmxL._UY445_.jpg

Also open to weird, specialized watches though, lol. I don't know much about this stuff.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017

-A date/day display.

91svDz4HmxL._UY445_.jpg

How about this Certina DS Caimano. Only lacking a day display. Certina's quartz watches are well regarded.

certina-mens-ds-caimano-39mm-steel-quartz-watch-p22988-27051_medium.jpg

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How about this Certina DS Caimano. Only lacking a day display. Certina's quartz watches are well regarded.
That's a pretty cool watch! Thank you! But I prefer the Citizen I posted above.

I like Victorinox as a brand so I think I'll go pay a nearby branch a visit.

very late edit: I took a peep at Victorinox's website and those prices are a no

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
An update: I bought a two tone Eco Drive Corso. I like it but I do miss the heft of my older watch. Oh well!

easter

Nov 15, 2017
Sunday wrist watch check? I'm wearing a panerai 1312. probably too big for my wrists but i like the cartoonish halloween-like feel.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
It's a work day in the woods, so the Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical with a bog standard NATO. It's filthy as all get out from cutting steps into fallen logs with an axe. Word to the wise: the Amish are idiots, chainsaws are amazing. (I kid. Sort of.)

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Still rocking my Aqua Terra. I've been a one watch guy for a while now. But I'm looking to get back in to collecting game.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
On Sundays, I don't wear a watch 😉 - time doesn't exist while I'm relaxing haha

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
how are you liking?

and which timex, dallow?

The Club Campus is my first mechanical watch and I love it. 38.5 mm doesn't seem very big, but with the large lug size it wears large, but overall I think it's perfect size on my wrist. It's a great everyday watch as the stock grey velour strap is casual but it could easily be dressed up with a brown or black leather strap. I've received plenty of compliments on it as well, and when I take the watch off so people can see the display case back they're really impressed.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, someone is selling me this watch, and i think is fake cuz i cant find that serial number model, what do you guys think?

725804100992aa7537b50b17435baa56c042985f208a8969468a145f4a01566bc9c7b93a.jpg

035114775ab7ac5baa5b03e2e3f2f754b3fec9cb3957cb8531d69f9eeb9ae83431396476.jpg

thanks so much.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, someone is selling me this watch, and i think is fake cuz i cant find that serial number model, what do you guys think?

725804100992aa7537b50b17435baa56c042985f208a8969468a145f4a01566bc9c7b93a.jpg

035114775ab7ac5baa5b03e2e3f2f754b3fec9cb3957cb8531d69f9eeb9ae83431396476.jpg

thanks so much.
Just looking at the engraving on the rotor and the finishing on the movement itself, I'd be very suspicious and the 'unique' serial number adds to the suspicion.

I'd avoid buying it and search for a similar watch on Chrono24 for example.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Yep, but that watch says 1421 in the back , and my watch says 0386

should be the same number amirite?
Why would it be the same serial numbers? Their whole purpose is to be unique.

That being said, it seems U-Boats are popular to fake online? I don't know too much about them personally.

Maybe these threads will help.

Last edited: