• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Galacticsushiman
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Anyone know of any "unique"/fun watches?

For example, the Rainbow one above is cool because it uses discs. Is there anything like that involving planets? Keep in mind I cant afford the thousand dollar watches

For example look at these cool watches by Mr Jones:

Timewise (the mouse moves around the clock--minuteahand, and the owl beak chases it-- hour hand).

I adore this, but its a limited print ill never really have

8k6bnz21x01z.jpg

A moon/sun phase watch where the minute hand sits in the middle, and the moon/sun act as the hour hand (going from 6 AM to 6 PM)

Mr-Jones-Watches-Last-Laugh-Tattoo-Sun-And-Moon-And-Timewise-Timepieces-aBlogtoWatch-13.jpg

Super Mario version

995727acf78418dfd6a2a62473a156ac.jpg

If you like the 'super mario' version, send me a PM, I have one, new in a box, for sale :)

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
How big of a deal do u guys make with Sapphire and Mineral Crystal?

I just bought the Orient Rainbow Disk watch I showed above, but disappointed to see its Mineral Crystal. Which I guess should be expected for a $300 or so watch

But I also know Orient is a part of Seiko and they use their own special glass which is in between Sapphire and Mineral

Does anyone know if the Orient watches use this proprietary glass?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I see Seiko did the obvious and announced the return of the Alpinist. I'm a fool so I can totally see myself getting the white and gold model...........

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a bad idea to try and ugprade a mineral to a crystal? Id have to take it to a watch person to change it, but I wonder if its worth the hassle and if its difficult considering how many variations of watches there are

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Have been mulling over a Rolex Milgauss black/green for a while now. The reasonable man would maybe get a Railmaster instead to fill that niche in their collection, but the green crystal is just something special.

Convince me the Milgauss is tacky and save me the expense, WatchEra.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Have been mulling over a Rolex Milgauss black/green for a while now. The reasonable man would maybe get a Railmaster instead to fill that niche in their collection, but the green crystal is just something special.

Nah, the new Milgauss is awesome. Love the dial and crystal color. I'd love one.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
17152c40-3342-4d8f-9h6jll.jpeg

Got a proper watch strap for my Orient Bambino v4 from Cascadia Strap Co. Absolutely love the quality for $70 strap. So soft and comfortable.

OP
OP
Galacticsushiman
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

Filling a niche in a collection is not really 'reasonable', get the Milgauss :) Worst case scenario, you regret it, and in a couple of year you sell the Milgauss for as much as you paid, and get a Railmaster instead (and then more). The other way around is likely to cost you.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

You get the Milgauss. Such a great watch that does not get enough love and one I will add to mine once school is over.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
Birdseye, are you considering both? I've had the opportunity to consider SS versus Titanium on two pieces that come in both and would choose SS both times. For me, it comes down to liking and enjoying the extra weight and feel.

Additionally, and not so important to me, SS is typically easier to polish if/when needed and some people claim it is a bit harder to ding (not sure about that tho). I will take the heavier feeling watch every time.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
As a programmer I'll take the lighter feeling every time, although I only have the Snowflake to go by. It does seem to scratch more easily vs stainless, but I don't mind the patina.

Oct 30, 2017
Having a real fixation on vintage seamaster 300. I want one to be that one watch forever, and there is always watchco seamaster. Vintage Rolex I'd love, but out of price range.

There's something about vintage luxary cars and watches I love. That golden era.

woodland

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have any thoughts on Throne? Love their green fragment 2.0 and the tune 1.0 but hear they have some quality issues. Not sure if this was before they started making them and if anyone has thoughts on the quality since then.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Just found out about the watch ot. I've been buying watches here and there for years. Nothing that expensive. Maybe a couple hundred bucks at the most. Anyway, my wife got me a Bulova Lunar Pilot for Christmas and I love it. I haven't taken it off my wrist since I first put it on. Thread watched.
Lunar%20Pilot.png

OP
OP
Galacticsushiman
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Having a real fixation on vintage seamaster 300. I want one to be that one watch forever, and there is always watchco seamaster. Vintage Rolex I'd love, but out of price range.

There's something about vintage luxary cars and watches I love. That golden era.

But aren't authentic vintage seamaster 300 actually more expensive than a vintage submariner/seadweller these days? Except if you want a gilt dial, a two-liner or a double red, I am pretty sure you can hit a nice 70s submariner for less/as much as a SM300 from the same time period :)

I understand the watchco 'alternative' but personally I would not go this way, if I buy vintage, I buy (hi)story and patina from time/use :) Just a personal thing :)

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Just found out about the watch ot. I've been buying watches here and there for years. Nothing that expensive. Maybe a couple hundred bucks at the most. Anyway, my wife got me a Bulova Lunar Pilot for Christmas and I love it. I haven't taken it off my wrist since I first put it on. Thread watched.
Lunar%20Pilot.png
That's nice Bulova. Your wife has a good eye. Wear it in good health!

Oct 30, 2017
But aren't authentic vintage seamaster 300 actually more expensive than a vintage submariner/seadweller these days? Except if you want a gilt dial, a two-liner or a double red, I am pretty sure you can hit a nice 70s submariner for less/as much as a SM300 from the same time period :)

I understand the watchco 'alternative' but personally I would not go this way, if I buy vintage, I buy (hi)story and patina from time/use :) Just a personal thing :)

Yeah I agree!

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
What are Wristwatch Era's 2020 watch buying goals?

Mine is the finally getting the Globemaster Constellation steel on steel blue dial:

ddndwyq-020fca53-623a-4488-9b99-9a802c123b83.jpg

easter

Nov 15, 2017
In my dreams, I would also get a submersible, new 2020 bond seamaster, and a green submariner. ^^