• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Isn't there a grand seiko that the back and movement looks exactly like that Credor?
Very similar, yeah. See link below.
The prices for these GS models are right up there with the Credor, haha.

Caliber 9R02 | Grand Seiko

Grand Seiko official site. Made by hand for those who value perfection. Grand Seiko raises the pure essentials of watchmaking to the level of art.

Oct 30, 2017
Pulled trigger on aqua terra 38.5mm grey dial on chrono24. $3190 and at least from the seller's message it's in near mint condition. Seller is SwissWatchExpo. In Atlanta. Already preparing shipment.

I'm excited. I know blue was the colorI wanted, but way too expensive on the secondary market. Grey was my second favorite color, and when i tried it was really nice. I had a hard time deciding between 2500 PO or AT. Went with AT due to size and design.

Oct 30, 2017
Yup it is! And thanks! It wasn't fun transferring money from my savings but with my tax refund and selling my SPB077, the difference wasn't much at all.

Oct 30, 2017
I really wanted the SBGR253. I know grand seikos are better finished, but I wasn't feeling it. Most of their designs I don't like unless it's the $6000 and up.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Awesome. I remember you talking about getting an Omega way back on the old forum haha. Long time coming.

Looking forward to pics!

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Baselworld postponed to January 2021.

www.baselworld.com

Baselworld postponed to January 2021

For health safety reasons and in accordance with the precautionary principle issued today by the Swiss authorities, Baselworld announces that it has taken the decision to postpone the show.

The right decision.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
thinking of not using the strap included of the watch i just bought... as I don't really like crocodile ones plus afaik they dont tend to do well on rain/water

any recommendation? checking camille fournet atm does anyone here have experience with them?

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
thinking of not using the strap included of the watch i just bought... as I don't really like crocodile ones plus afaik they dont tend to do well on rain/water

any recommendation? checking camille fournet atm does anyone here have experience with them?
They're well regarded in the watch community. Jean Rousseau are another.

Hirsch make some decent straps too if you want a cheaper option.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They're well regarded in the watch community. Jean Rousseau are another.

Hirsch make some decent straps too if you want a cheaper option.
Thanks looking at Jean Rousseau I think Camille Fournet is more my style...

before I got my strap from Wotancraft whenever I visit taiwan and for this watch I think I want something less rustic

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here's the watch I managed to get... they will ship it to me today or tomorrow! So excited
image0.jpg

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Hermes Arceau L'Heure de la Lune.

That is haute horlogerie. Watchmaking at its finest. Congrats!
Yes! Thanks.. i actually didn't reserve one and heard they sold out a year ago

But thanks to Manfredi Jewels especially Robert manage to get one as someone back out of their allocation

Still aiming for a meteorite one at msrp hopefully someone won't claim theirs too

Last edited:

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nubuck.JPG

Camille Fournet messaged me yesterday and in their opinion using177-008 nubuck for the strap is the best way to go.. I left it on their hands

hopefully it turns out great

Oct 30, 2017
Received my aqua terra from Chrono 24. The seller was Swiss watch expo. It still has the red sticker on the bracelet that says if removed it's non-returnable but I removed the plastic cover on the case to inspect the case. I inspected the Crystal in sunlight and I noticed hairline scratches on the Crystal at the 7 o'clock and 8 o'clock. I was told when exchanging messages back-and-forth with the seller that the Crystal was perfect. I called Chrono 24 hour customer service and they said How would like to proceed and I said if they can replace the Crystal with omega part that's great I want to keep the watch but if not then a refund.

I hope this can be resolved. Like I said I didn't touch the red sticker on bracelet that said if removed non returnable

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
I have this Mido 541.4535 and i have some questions

Does anybody knows whats the function and how do i move the seconds hand (green hand) ?

Also i cannot move the bezel, its moveable?

Fi3DoNh.jpg

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Nah, the new Milgauss is awesome. Love the dial and crystal color. I'd love one.
Went to the local Rolex dealer this weekend to see if they had inventory. Lead time on a wait list of two, including myself, was possibly a year. Renewed my general dislike of how the Swiss watch community is run, specifically Rolex, not sure I'll bother now. Hate that sort of pandering about "special customer relationship" and waitlists and what not.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seiko always have interesting collaborations that are unfortunately limited to Japan.

Last edited:

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Finally went ahead and bought one of my dream watches, an Hamilton Khaki automatic, so excited to finally got that cute puppy. Anyone here got one, how is it in terms of maintenance.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Finally went ahead and bought one of my dream watches, an Hamilton Khaki automatic, so excited to finally got that cute puppy. Anyone here got one, how is it in terms of maintenance.
I have a classic field mechanical, the only odd thing that's happened is that at one point it got severely banged up (it's my weekend "in the field" watch) and one of the hands got off kilter and would occasionally hit the other hand and stop advancing. This somehow magically went away at one point a few weeks later and it's never come back. Otherwise haven't done any service or maintenance on it beyond getting a standard NATO strap as I don't like the mixed leather one it ships with.

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
Assuming you're referring to watch movement servicing, Google tells me that the Khaki movement is the H-10, based off the ETA C07.111, which itself is based off the workhorse ETA 2824-2. A watchmaker would probably charge about $200 for servicing that kind of movement. Hamilton's website recommends servicing every 3 to 5 years; that is horseshit. You have to ask yourself whether paying $200 to service a watch model line that averages ~$500-600 is worth it. If this Khaki Automatic is going to be your one and only nice watch, then keeping it running in tiptop shape for 20+ years with one service in-between may indeed be worth it. If you anticipate saving up for your next dream watch purchase, then I recommend putting the $200 towards that instead of servicing this watch and just wear the hell out of it.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Assuming you're referring to watch movement servicing, Google tells me that the Khaki movement is the H-10, based off the ETA C07.111, which itself is based off the workhorse ETA 2824-2. A watchmaker would probably charge about $200 for servicing that kind of movement. Hamilton's website recommends servicing every 3 to 5 years; that is horseshit. You have to ask yourself whether paying $200 to service a watch model line that averages ~$500-600 is worth it. If this Khaki Automatic is going to be your one and only nice watch, then keeping it running in tiptop shape for 20+ years with one service in-between may indeed be worth it. If you anticipate saving up for your next dream watch purchase, then I recommend putting the $200 towards that instead of servicing this watch and just wear the hell out of it.

Well the others are on a price range a bit too far so I might keep this as long as I can, but yeah servicing the watch after 3 or 5 years unless it has a problem doesn't seem reasonable and so my question to other that might have had the same watch.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
So many cool watches in this thread. Unfortunately many of them out of my price range haha. Over the past few months I've become more and more interested in the topic. Subscribed to this thread in order to get inspired for my next (probably more expensive) watch :)

Until then, I wear my beloved CWC G10 (Royal Navy) from 1989.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I would hold off on ordering any luxury watch for a bit, to see how the coronavirus market downturn will affect prices. Im not seeing a dip yet, but we are only a month into this.

I bought my Omega 2254.50 during the depths of the 2008 financial crash, and jewelers/ADs were DESPERATE to move entry and mid-range level luxury timepieces, deep discounts could be had. Since then, Omega has moved upmarket with several price increases and are really starting to rule over ADs with an iron fist so they may not care, but other luxury brands probably will.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
I would hold off on ordering any luxury watch for a bit, to see how the coronavirus market downturn will affect prices. Im not seeing a dip yet, but we are only a month into this.

I bought my Omega 2254.50 during the depths of the 2008 financial crash, and jewelers/ADs were DESPERATE to move entry and mid-range level luxury timepieces, deep discounts could be had. Since then, Omega has moved upmarket with several price increases and are really starting to rule over ADs with an iron fist so they may not care, but other luxury brands probably will.

Totally agree with this. Be patient. Prices may be affected soon.

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
What do you think of Konstantin Chaykin watches? Tempted to get a dracula one
One of best independents out there right now with a very a unique collection. If you love it, and have the finances for it, buy it. If it's just a passing fancy though, you should consider if you'll still enjoy wearing it a few years from now.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One of best independents out there right now with a very a unique collection. If you love it, and have the finances for it, buy it. If it's just a passing fancy though, you should consider if you'll still enjoy wearing it a few years from now.

It's not a everyday watch but it's quirky enough to make me want it.. and yes I could see it on my permanent collection unless I can have him make me a unique piece also I won't receive the dracula until q3 2021 which is a really long time

Thanks for your input

OP
OP
Galacticsushiman
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
What do you think of Konstantin Chaykin watches? Tempted to get a dracula one

It's distinctive, and fun, and to think that it's just a few modules added to a 'common' 2824-2 makes it even quirkier :)
It also sends a cool message, 'I do not take myself too seriously' and 'I know quality' since Chaykin is definitely respected in the watch world :)

Ultimately for me it's a no go, mainly because it's too big, and I'd wear it like 4 times a year, but as someone else said, you can purchase it and you love it? Why not then! Just bare in mind it's a big red/white/black thing on your wrist, even if the case is sporty, it's probably not very 'versatile' :)

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's distinctive, and fun, and to think that it's just a few modules added to a 'common' 2824-2 makes it even quirkier :)
It also sends a cool message, 'I do not take myself too seriously' and 'I know quality' since Chaykin is definitely respected in the watch world :)

Ultimately for me it's a no go, mainly because it's too big, and I'd wear it like 4 times a year, but as someone else said, you can purchase it and you love it? Why not then! Just bare in mind it's a big red/white/black thing on your wrist, even if the case is sporty, it's probably not very 'versatile' :)
I think they're really unique. I would love one if I had the funds, but there are other watches I would get ahead of it. But it has a ton of charm to spare.

Proceed on my order.. requested for a serial number from my AD

Q3 2021 is a long wait .. but at least i didn't have to deposit much

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Awesome! That's an incredibly long wait. You are a patient person. What's the ordering process like? Is there a huge waitlist?
I think the AD has build allocation date by batches from what they said they would receive 20 of the Joker Night Dracula on Q3 2021 at the same time.. their previous allocation was for the Night Joker which is for 2019 and 2020

Oct 30, 2017
Finally received my omega 2531. What a gorgeous watch. 11.5mm thickness, too. This watch was always a love/hate, like a lot of people feeling the same way. I love the printed dial, too. Has that vintage feeling. I'll get pics later.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Finally received my omega 2531. What a gorgeous watch. 11.5mm thickness, too. This watch was always a love/hate, like a lot of people feeling the same way. I love the printed dial, too. Has that vintage feeling. I'll get pics later.

is that the regular 300m seamaster BEFORE they brought back the wave dial with the more modern print? Or the one WITH the modern wave dial print?

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. Same. Love it more then coaxial version.

I tried getting the watch fitted, but the guy I usually go to said I'd need to order a half link to get clasp center under wrist.