• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
UPDATE: Indictment posted - https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6466334/U-S-v-Lev-Parnas-Et-Al-Indictment.pdf

-------------------

Just breaking now:

WASHINGTON—Two foreign-born donors to a pro-Trump fundraising committee who helped Rudy Giuliani's efforts to investigate Democrat Joe Biden were arrested late Wednesday on criminal charges of violating campaign finance rules and are expected to appear in court on Thursday, according to people familiar with the matter.

Last edited:

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
meh its always the pawns who gets arrested, good but not good enough. Same thing happened during ruassia investigations. They couldn't even charge Guiliani?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, but it was a perfectly fine call. Trump said so!
Lock 'em up

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Might've been covered in the other articles, but the Miami Herald highlighted their potential mob ties.

In addition to his interests in real estate and shipping, Fruman is the president of the Ukrainian-based Otrada Luxury Group, which sells cars, jewelry, boats, food and alcohol, according to a company pamphlet. He lives in Sunny Isles Beach, public records show, which is also the location of Seafront Properties, LLC, for which he is the registered agent. He has "personal ties" to a powerful businessman in the Ukrainian port city of Odessa called "the Grey Cardinal" who is believed to associate with organized crime figures, according to OCCRP, an international consortium of investigative journalists.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought SDNY was in the tank for Trump now? What's going on?

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Dems could offer them immunity in exchange of spilling the beans, if they have very valuable informations.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Couldn't the arrests wait a day? The timing is relevant here.

Yeah, the timing is awful. Unless someone has some "suicide in their cells" lined up for them.

th

I think the same. They didn't want the House to interfere with their investigation.

Probably this.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
This worries me that SDNY will try to get them into a favorable plea agreement and then lock away their confessions.

Barr has a stranglehold over that office.

I absolutely do not trust Barr or anything remotely attached to DOJ. I don't think Barr has even given Congress a reason for shutting down the finance investigation into Individual-1 yet.

But I'm happy these dudes have been contained before they can (potentially) flee the country.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So we have the President, the State Department, the AG, Rudy, foreign born donors believed to have ties to organized crime and now congressmen.

How deep does this go?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So we have the President, the State Department, the AG, Rudy, foreign born donors believed to have ties to organized crime and now congressmen.

How deep does this go?
It would not shock me to learn that half the elected republican party is involved.

Which, ironically makes impeachment almost impossible unless some congressmen and senators start getting pulled to jail.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017

How deep does this go?
It would not shock me to learn that half the elected republican party is involved.

Which, ironically makes impeachment almost impossible unless some congressmen and senators start getting pulled to jail.

Never got a reason why those GOP senators and congressmen went to Moscow on July 4th.