• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giuliani doing crimes.

zoFQkZz.gif

Trump admitting crimes.

fr6ZEtB.gif

Rachel Maddow explaining crimes.

FdTSOkW.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My god, how far does the ciminality go.

How do the big wigs keep getting away with it, do they ever green light stuff but never over the phone or internet or something. They have dinners and say, sure do this but there is no trail so you can't arrest them?

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
This got in the way of the House questioning, but all this info coming out is some real meat for them to grind (unless they already knew this stuff).

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Regarding Sessions, the indictment against the two men states that they "committed to raise $20,000 or more for a then-sitting U.S. Congressman" who is referred to in the court document as "Congressman-1." The indictment goes on to state that the congressman "had been the beneficiary of approximately $3 million" in donations from a campaign committee. NBC News and other outlets identified that person as Sessions and reported that the committee was a Trump-aligned super PAC.

Federal authorities alleged that around the same time, Parnas "sought Congressman-1's assistance in causing the U.S. government to remove or recall" the American ambassador to Ukraine at the time, Marie Yovanovitch. Yovanovitch was a well-regarded diplomat who came into disfavor within the Trump administration and was removed from her post earlier this year.

The Wall Street Journal reported last week that Sessions, in his capacity as House Rules Committee chairman, advocated for the ouster of Yovanovitch.
Toward the end of Sessions' toughest — and unsuccessful — campaign for reelection last year, Giuliani headlined a fundraiser on his behalf.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This got in the way of the House questioning, but all this info coming out is some real meat for them to grind (unless they already knew this stuff).

The house will ultimately be able to get everything from the DOJ on these guys. I say ultimately because of course the DOJ will drag their feet and try to shield the President.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
So could Guiliani be in trouble in the future with this? I mean he must have known these guys were shady or had links to some dirty russian money/people. For him to invite them into the White House and have them work for GOP is a bad look for him and whoever else involved?

Please tell me I'm correct on this assessment.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I'm incredibly curious now about whether any of these new developments will finally cause Barr to recuse himself from some of these investigations, or will he just mutter "screw it," roll the dice, and try to actively interfere and suppress investigations even more now, and run the risk of getting caught out for it.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title should be updated:

"BREAKING: House impeachment investigators have subpoenaed Giuliani associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman."

Oct 26, 2017
I'm incredibly curious now about whether any of these new developments will finally cause Barr to recuse himself from some of these investigations, or will he just mutter "screw it," roll the dice, and try to actively interfere and suppress investigations even more now, and run the risk of getting caught out for it.
Lol, he's gonna have to be indicted before he recuses and even then he'll refuse

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017

What are the Democrats going to do if he does? They can't remove him if they impeach him, nobody can prosecute him until 2021. There's no real threat against malfeasance.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess the people who stated that Trump to Ukraine was a straight line and simple to explain to the common man aren't feeling overwhelmingly great about all this?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
What are the Democrats going to do if he does? They can't remove him if they impeach him, nobody can prosecute him until 2021. There's no real threat against malfeasance.

Sessions had the good sense to quarantine himself and prevent any future charges from piling up with him. But Sessions was apparently thinking about long term consequences. I have no idea whether Barr cares about the future, or is so arrogant he simply believes nothing bad can happen to him ever.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It's such the mob thing to do, get Pence dirty so he can't flip on you. Probably how Trump works most people.

I do wonder how many politicians and associates are compromised willingly and they just get in too deep and the mafia and foriegn goverments just own them.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
And there is no ability to block these guys from having to show up, right?

They will legitamately be able to plead the 5th on almost all questioning given the deposition is based in part on what they are being indicted for. The key is subpoena for documentation at this point since in theory SDNY should be able to assist in procuring the documents (that is if Barr decides to block access to them).

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like the GOP is rife with foreign money donations (Russia, Saudi Arabia)

That may be one of the reasons why they are siding with Trump.

It's not just party over country... it's self preservation.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Well, I guess the people who stated that Trump to Ukraine was a straight line and simple to explain to the common man aren't feeling overwhelmingly great about all this?

The big, initially visible crime was simple, egregious and easy for everyone to understand. It caused disillusionment and opened the eyes of people totally not entrenched with Trump, which is apparently 25% and growing.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
It's such the mob thing to do, get Pence dirty so he can't flip on you. Probably how Trump works most people.

I do wonder how many politicians and associates are compromised willingly and they just get in too deep and the mafia and foriegn goverments just own them.
I'm sure he has stuff on ted cruz. I was convinced after the "Be careful, Lyin' Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife" line

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

They are closely watching the white house and will subpoena and arrest execute branch staffers one by one and polls will gradually approach 65% in favor of removal from office, and Senators will flip for fear of their jobs.

Oct 28, 2017
They are closely watching the white house and will subpoena and arrest execute branch staffers one by one and polls will gradually approach 65% in favor of removal from office, and Senators will flip for fear of their jobs.

This is the endgame - the Senate. As long as GOP controls the senate they have one hand on the wheel regardless of who's innthe White House. The next president is going to replace at least one justice

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
If somebody told me that we would be longing for the times when Sessions was US AG...

I fully expect Barr to completely bury all of this as soon as he can. Or at least to make sure everybody is pardoned, like he did back in the Iran-Contra days.

ced

Oct 27, 2017