• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I used to think the Trump shit was going to be a good HBO movie, but it really has to be a 6 season series.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to escape outta Dodge.

Interesting how the country they were trying to escape to wasn't mentioned. That will no doubt have some juicy information for later on.
Reuters says they were going to fly to Vienna. Now maybe that was a convenient flight out of the country and they were going somewhere after that, or maybe it has something to do with Dmytro Firtash, who's been holed up in Austria fighting extradition to the US and is tied up in this mess somehow.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
As someone already mentioned it would be nice to know when they bought those 1-way tickets.

The fact they met with Ghouliani the afternoon of the day they tried to flee tells me Ghouliani heard from his source inside the SDNY and then relayed that info to these two guys.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
This all seems very damning initially for Giuliani and his thugs, but my fear is that Barr will again abuse his AG role to impact the outcome.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
So basically, a huge chunk of the US government is literally owned by Russian mafia?

Its certainly looking like Russia had its tendrils wrapped around as many people as they could

I mean there is so much right? Russian spies, troll farms, bribes and backdoor deals with info warfare firms and anarchist propaganda outlets.

And then these money launderer and bribers.

It makes my head spin at the sheer amount of fuckery they have invested in

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
As someone already mentioned it would be nice to know when they bought those 1-way tickets.

The fact they met with Ghouliani the afternoon of the day they tried to flee tells me Ghouliani heard from his source inside the SDNY and then relayed that info to these two guys.

Giuliani associates Fruman and Parnas were arrested at Dulles, where they were trying to flee to Vienna, current home of Dmytro FIRTASH, whose business partner, Lyovochkin, funneled money to Trump's inaugural and was given Trump polling data by Manafort.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's almost impossible to keep up with each story going on around this administration, we need a wikipedia type interface for all these crooks and scumbags.

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
th
Off-topic, but I know this guy! He lives in my town.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so suspicious about these charges, because the SNDY is run by a stalwart Trump appointee. Why would the GOP do this to themselves?

I wonder if they are just making these guys the fall guys in some way to give cover to the GOP members who actually received the funds or if this investigation is designed to prevent Congress from investigating or something.

Ultimately, I am worried that this very, very big scandal won't see the full extent of justice in the hands of this administration.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Hey dumbasses, maybe don't have lunch at Trump Hotel in WASHINGTON FUCKING DC RIGHT BEFORE FLEEING THE COUNTRY.

These people clearly don't understand secrecy.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
US prosecutors were not intending to unseal the indictment against Giuliani associates Fruman and Parnas and 2 others [Kukushkin and Correia] Thursday, but their hand was forced when Fruman and Parnas attempted to flee the country.

That somewhat explains why this would be made so public, given how damaging it is to the GOP.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
Just wanted to share this excellent Reddit comment that ties the arrests into the two-act structure of the Ukraine scandal in a way I hadn't fully grasped till now.

tl;dr: Trump/Giuliani strike deal with corrupt Ukraine prosecutor Lutsenko to fire Ambassador Yovanovitch (who had been publicly slagging his corruption) in exchange for manufactured Biden dirt. But then Zelensky is elected president on an anti-corruption platform and fires Lutsenko. So Trump/Giuliani change gears and turn the quid-pro-quo into military assistance for Zelensky. And now the bagmen that helped facilitate all these dirty deals just got arrested trying to flee the country.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so suspicious about these charges, because the SNDY is run by a stalwart Trump appointee. Why would the GOP do this to themselves?

I wonder if they are just making these guys the fall guys in some way to give cover to the GOP members who actually received the funds or if this investigation is designed to prevent Congress from investigating or something.

Ultimately, I am worried that this very, very big scandal won't see the full extent of justice in the hands of this administration.
You can only delay for so long. If it ever came out they knew they were under investigation and yet managed to flee the country, that would look awful.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to share this excellent Reddit comment that ties the arrests into the two-act structure of the Ukraine scandal in a way I hadn't fully grasped till now.

tl;dr: Trump/Giuliani strike deal with corrupt Ukraine prosecutor Lutsenko to fire Ambassador Yovanovitch (who had been publicly slagging his corruption) in exchange for manufactured Biden dirt. But then Zelensky is elected president on an anti-corruption platform and fires Lutsenko. So Trump/Giuliani change gears and turn the quid-pro-quo into military assistance for Zelensky. And now the bagmen that helped facilitate all these dirty deals just got arrested trying to flee the country.

Lmao, I didnt realize there was a quid pro quo before the quid pro quo that the impeachment is about.

Oct 26, 2017

That's an excellent summary

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017

Can't see the link, is this a theory or hard fact? As in, there's evidence Lutsenko made this deal?

Yeah, it all sounds plausible, but the absolute last thing we need to be doing propagating theories as hard fact. We have enough problems with truth and facts as it is.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
Can't see the link, is this a theory or hard fact?
I'm confused -- what's wrong with my Reddit link? I did a straight copy-paste, it works on my end, and the URL is the same as yours.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused -- what's wrong with my Reddit link? I did a straight copy-paste, it works on my end, and the URL is the same as yours.

this is what it looks like when i click the link

Code:
http://internal/tab?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fpolitics%2Fcomments%2Fdfz6ta%2Fmegathread_two_giuliani_associates_tied_to%2Ff36yyll%2F&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.resetera.com%2Fthreads%2Fwsj-key-players-in-ukraine-scandal-giuliani-associates-lev-parnas-igor-fruman-arrested-on-criminal-charges-of-violating-campaign-finance-rules.146165%2Fpage-3&target=_blank

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
Hmmm, weird... It's not what I copied and not what shows in my browser (iCab Mobile on iOS). But it's not the first time Era's fancypants UI hasn't played nicely with it. Could a mod fix my original comment plz?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
why isn't Guliani arrested yet?

also Igor Fruman sounds like such a perfect name for a villain

His subpoena due date is the 15th I believe, so I wouldn't expect anything until at least then. And these 2 guys were arrested because they were fleeing the country. There's probably more arrests planned, but they forced their hand.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

giphy.gif

They are getting bail. This is bullshit.

Welp...they'll be gone within an hour of bail. (if they're let completely free)

Edit**

Their passports have been seized, they're being monitored by GPS and a third party and can't go anywhere but court. It was an agreement with the prosecutors and not a judgement from the court.

So they aren't completely free. Still a stupid risk.

Last edited:

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their passports have been seized, they're being monitored by GPS and a third party and can't go anywhere but court. It was an agreement with the prosecutors and not a judgement from the court.